All reviewsbeautiful poolpool areano wifi in the roomscentral locationthe hotel staffdelightful hotelloft bedroomreception deskbreakfast was includedblack beachhotel restaurantlovely little placean absoluteenjoyable stayout of the waybeautiful islandhustle bustle
Reviewed September 3, 2011

A bit expensive for its location and services – 110-130 €/night/double (160-185US)
This hotel has good amenities, nice rooms and could be a really nice venue. Though it lacks in professional management, and most important in skilled staff; the breakfast buffet is almost empty around 10:15 (it CLOSES 10:30, and they mean CLOSED!!) and the one (1) running around-woman waiter, exposed in general a really hostile attitude towards the hosts.!!.
I would return with a better room price due to its location in the Island – You NEED a transport in Santorini; avoid bikes, is dangerous.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sotipap
Reviewed September 2, 2011

First of all, it's important to mention that we stayed in one of the houses with Jacuzzi. Yes, they are a bit more expensive, but watching the fantastic sunset while relaxing in the Jacuzzi with your loved one? That is PRICELESS, and a memoryy that will always stay with me. The hotel is relatively poor in what regards to services. It doesn't have a gym, a spa, or nightly activities, but then again, there's so many things to visit in the island itself, and it's so easy to get around, that it doesn't matter much. The hotel's restaurant has a very poor menu, and for as long as we stayed, we never saw anyone eating there. But once again, there are so many places to eat in the island, that this is a minor setback. Breakfast was really good, with a lot of variety, and that famous greek yogurt with fresh fruits is amazing. The swiming pool is beautifull, and the swimming pool area well kept. The hotel was always impecably clean and tidy. The manager, although not the kindest person you will meet, always tried to make our stay as pleasant as possible. And the location of the hotel in the island is really great, becaus you are right in the middle of the island. For people who like to visit all the corners of where they are staying, like me, that is just FANTASTIC! We loved it, and I really hope to retur in the future!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SergioNamora
Reviewed August 7, 2011

So this hotel is just OK. I would not return.

This is not from anything really horrible, but just not the luxury or services, or location, that one should book for a honeymoon or similar unless you are on a restricted budget. Please also note that I am very picky and stay at hundreds of hotels per year in Europe for work, but thought I would share my opinion in this case because I would feel disappointed if it was my honeymoon or similar.

It is located on top of a hill in Santorini. It is about a 7-10 minute walk from Pygros town, down a dusty road, and a cab ride into Fira. Oia is much farther, and will cost at least €35 in a cab.

Overall, during the end of July and through August, there can be very high winds in this area. And by high winds, I mean REALLY intense winds that can prevent you from using even the pool without your shoes and towel flying away.

So here are the issues: (I stayed in a Superior Room with Sea View)
- The floors in the room are ceramic tile, very bathroom like.
- The TV was a 13" old model, on a hospital like arm.
- Modern art (of topless woman) and shiny comforter was trying to update space, but falls short as it's a little tacky.
- The couch in the room was plastic fabric (obviously meant for outdoors) which was just weird
- Quite expensive charge for airport each way, which isn't any deal, but appreciated as it is hard to get a taxi anywhere (or takes a long time)
- They "nickel and dime" everything. From being charged for an espresso instead of coffee at breakfast to signing a contract to borrow beach towels.
- Key for room, but must have a credit- card-style key for power in room. But when this comes out, even the refrigerator loses power. People who might store things should know it may go bad, especially medications. And the power goes off immediately, not with a buffer like many hotels.
- Room cleaning a bit over-zealous - people put all my clothes in bags, and threw out a bottle of wine we ordered the night before, even though only 1/2 glass had been taken out of it. However, 95% empty bottle of water remained.
- Everything takes forever, from room service to a drink at the pool. This is clearly due to it being understaffed.
- Photos are misleading from hotel, as they look much nicer than the actual place.

Positives
- Beautiful pool and pool bar area
- Generally good breakfast, though eggs and sausage constantly cold over 3 days.
- Cool breeze at night with windows open
- Great views from hotel balconies.
- Nice staff
- Close to Pyrgos, which is so beautiful and has some great restaurants
- Can arrange to have moped and car rentals delivered to hotel for you

Again, I did not find it horrible, but do hope they see this and work to improve some issues. It has potential to be a nice space, and has good people, but at this point I would not return. Given the choice next time, I would stay in Fira based on it's central location and have a higher level of quality and service that I personally expect. But if you are not that picky, it is not that bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmericanLostInEU
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Santorini is breathtaking. Orizontes is in the town of Pyrgos on the opposite side of Thira. My husband and I enjoyed our stay, the staff was very nice. We rented an ATV and drove all over the island.

There was no AIR CONDITIONING. We were lucky that it was very cool!!! There are many small flies that become a bit annoying when you are trying to rest. The rooms are small, they are clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Hard to believe this is a 4 star rated hotel. Nice views, yes, but that's about it. Mediocre staff, challenging location, plan on renting a vehicle if you want to go anywhere. No hot water at all on the second day. Power outage for half a day. Don't go by the hotels website, pictures are very deceiving compared to actual hotel condition. I'll be back to Santorini, but not the Orizontes.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple