“Homemade chips - the best I've ever eaten!”
Review of Penelope's

Penelope's
Ranked #8 of 21 Restaurants in Pyrgos
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Homemade chips - the best I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in Pyrgos, and it was a 10 minute hike into the old town. To find Penelope's made the hike worthwhile! Fantastic, homemade chips, and the tomato fritters were delicious. When we were leaving, Penelope showed us what she was preparing for later in the day - stuffed courgette (zucchini) flowers. I would have hiked up to Profit Elias to have tasted those, but sadly we had to leave the next day. Next time!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank BessT641

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
“Wonderful. Authentic. Feel like a guest.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This is our 4th time in Santorini spending a week each time and we always visit here, it's on our essential list of 3 must visit restaurants on the whole island. Penelope makes you feel like a guest, she cooks it fresh in front of you and it feels like you are round at your own grandmas. She always smiles and you often find her friendly neighbours are sat around chilling too. The essentials are; tomatoe balls, spicy cheese, Greek salad, best ever fava and fried zucchini and we have the volcano beer but the wine is supposed to be great too.

Trust us, for great value, a genuine authentic Santorini welcome with a huge smile and maybe a cuddle, an anazing setting under the church arch and the view and most important food that sets the Santorini benchmark visit the adorable Penelope.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank hacienda51
Brisbane, Australia
“Eat like the Greeks”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The most notable aspect of dining ar Penelope's was that, although I ate many dishes on my 'banned list', these did not trigger any of the food intolerences I currently have.
The fried cheese was heaven, as was the fetta. I loved the fried zucchini. The bread was warm and delicious. The omelette was plain but good. I didn't like the sardines - they were a bit strong tasting for me.
Poor Penelope was trying to cope on her own, both serving and cooking and it seemed she had been doing so all day. I would have liked to meet the husband, but he was absent.
I would recommend Penelope's for those looking for an authentic Greek meal - cheap and cheerful.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Like dining in your very own Greek home!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Fabulous little restaurant below the famous church in Pyrgos. Penelope (the cook) and her husband we're lovely and welcoming and we had some of the best food of our trip at this quaint place. Must eats are the tomato balls, spicy cheese dip, their homemade chips and their fabulous bread! Amazing.

Visited June 2013
Dayton
“A delight!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We walked to Pyros from Thira and were unexpectedly surprised to find this intimate taverna. The owner's were a delight and the food superb. We sat an chatted with the owners and enjoyed our meal. A real find - go and enjoy!

• Visited May 2013