“Don't miss this gem”
Review of Senor Zorba

Senor Zorba
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Pyrgos
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

OK, I know when you are in Greece, do as the Greeks do. But after a while on the islands, we needed a relief from the "meat or fish" menu choices offered us at nearly every location. Enter Senor Zorba's. When we first arrived on Santorini and were taking the bus from the port to our hotel, we saw this place and thought the name to be fun and catchy. This was two days after Cinco De Mayo, the day which resulted in us finding ZERO good margarita's on Crete. So after a couple of days on Santorini, we finally had a chance to give this place a try. WOW!!! The views alone are worth a visit, but the margarita's make it worth staying for. With 63 different Tequila's in their selection (claiming to be the largest in Greece which I can not dispute), even a Tequila Master like myself was able to find plenty of fine choices. After discussing with Mary some of the finer points of Tequila, she went off to make us our first batch of margy's. She returned with a look of fear and trepidation in her eyes, assuring me that if they were not perfect, she would go back and start over. One sip and I was able to assure her that this would not be necessary. EXCELLENT job. Wish we had been there on the 5th of May so we could have spent the whole day here.

Then the food. Although her chips are purchased, not home made, they were still very good. The salsas were excellent. The food was the best Mexican food I have had in Europe. Now that does not say much, as I have only eaten a half dozen or so Mexican meals in Europe, nevertheless, it was very tasty and I would eat there again if I ever have the pleasure of visiting this beautiful island again.

Long and short is, if you need a break from the Greek bill of fare, or if like me, you really love Mexican food, go to Senor Zorba's. You will not be dissapointed.

Thank you Mary!!! You are a treasure and it was truly a pleasure.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stopped at Senor Zorbas, to try something different to the every day Greek food, served on the island. And we were glad we did. From the start, we were made to feel at home. The American lady (from Colorado) who runs this restaurant along with her family, was the perfect hostess. The menu was explained to us, and our preferences, hot, spicy, not so spicy, etc,etc, were all taken into consideration.The whole meal, inc, starter, drinks, sweet, was one of the best we had eaten on the island, so much so, that we returned twice more! The veiws from the outside terrace are amazing, possibly THE BEST you will find anywhere else on the island. You can see over the perimeter wall, the site where a cruise ship sank in the 70's, (all on board survived) which is now a site used for scuba divers, and also watch the many other ships and boats that pass close by. Now, it has been carefully "marketed" by the tourist board, that the best veiw for the sunset, is from the town of Oia. I beg to differ. I, along with many others, went to Oia to see the sunset, and had to enduer the jostling among the throngs of people, clamering for the best photo's before the sun set. However, i urge you to try, Senor Zorbas for this expierience, as it is far and away the best view, without the crowds, spent with lovely people. At night, outside on the terrace however, it can be a little "chilly" if the wind is up, as the restaurant is perched on a cliff edge, but the wonderfull hostess and her staff kindly offer you a Mexican style blanket to wrap around you. Also, if you request one, for photo's, you can have a Mexican sombrero! I totally recommend this restaurant, and a visit is a must. You do not have to eat there, they are more than happy if you only wish to have drinks. At the end of your visit, you will be offered a small, free, Mexican style desert, compliments of the hostess, which we thought was a nice gesture. Please visit, you will not be dissapointed.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We were told to try it by some people we met in Mykonos.
It was a delightful experience from the moment we arrived for lunch, service was great food was great.
A lovely dining experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our family had a wonderful lunch at Senor Zorba's. We were welcomed by Mary. She and her husband own and operate Senor Zorba's. Mary is originally from Colorado. Her husband is Greek. Mary offered us fleece blankets, in case we were cold. She was the perfect hostess and was very fun to talk to. We were given free chips and salsa. Both were homemade and delicious. The salsa had a nice kick to it and the chips were warm, thin and crispy. We ordered the guacamole and it was excellent. We also ordered the frozen margaritas. Mary. the owner, thought they didn't look frozen enough. So, she brought each of us each a large shot of tequila. The taste of the margaritas was wonderful. The view from Senor Zorba's is absolutely spectacular. Amazing!! We had both the fajita platter and the taco platter. Nothing was left on our plates!! If you want a change of pace from the traditonal Greek fare, you will certainly enjoy this restaurant. We highly recommend this restaurant for fantastic food, great service and a wonderful atmosphere.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I on our first day in Santorini drove past this restaurant and saw the sign 'all you can eat ribs'. I said we must go there!

So we did and we were not disappointed, succulent Ribs, amazing view and service. Our bill for both of us was $46 Euro for all you can eat ribs, a Corona and table water. I had 2.5 serves of Ribs the size was generous.

I know we're in Santorini, but I have been in Europe for 3 weeks so something different was always going to be nice, but this place was AMAZING!