“Best tex mex outside of the midwest!”
Review of Senor Zorba

Senor Zorba
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Pyrgos
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Irkutsk
“Best tex mex outside of the midwest!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I live in Siberia, but are from Oklahoma. Tex mex in Oklahoma is a serious business, and at least a twice a month essential. :) This restaurant was as good or better than any in Oklahoma, in particular their hot sauce, chips, and guacamole. It was high priced, but not in comparison to the other restaurants with a caldera view. Their portions were true mid-west portions as well, and we left so full that we didn't get hungry again until the next day towards evening time.

We enjoyed chatting with the owner, Mary, who is from Colorado, and the view of the caldera was as good as any we had seen. It looked like it would be an excellent spot to watch the sunset without the crowds. She also gave us a to go box of some of that salsa, since we get it so rarely.

My husband had the all you can eat ribs, and they were also above average. We actually had to take some of them home, since he couldn't eat all of the second portion.

Most satisfying meal we had in Greece! Definitely a must for expats from the midwest.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“A must see in Santorini”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Came here for a late lunch during my holiday in Santorini and loved it. The restaurant is quite large, with fantastic views of the ocean, and there is the option to dine indoors or outdoors. The menu was absolutely phenomenal, you literally are spoiled for choice as there was pretty much every tex mex dish known to man available!

The service was outstanding, Mary the owner was most welcoming and kept us entertained with her very funny stories. The food portions were huge, we had the unlimited rib racks (Mary insisted we had seconds!) as well as a "Tijuana Tostada", which were both very tasty. We also had free nachos and dips, as well as a free dessert. You definately need to visit this place with an apetite as you will be leaving stuffed!

• Visited May 2013
“the place to go when you are tired of seafood in greece”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

i had seafood for every meal in greece, and i miss meat sooo much, kind of tired of seafood haha. and this restaurant is just on the main road to fira, decided to try it out. it had great view!! very friendly waiters. i ordered the ribs and mexican hamburger. the portion is BIGGG. ribs are delicious, it's all you can eat. fries came with it is nice toom crispy and fat. mexican hamburger is good but not great, i guess im not that use to it. definetly come again

Thorpe, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food with beautiful views”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We went to santorini for a wedding and came across this Mexican resturant. My partner and I went back there twice, we liked it so much. The staff were very kind and friendly and often asked if we would like extra ribs, nachos on the house! Big portions and very tasty home cooked food. The spicey salsa is delicious.
If you decide to sit outside to watch the beautiful sunsets.... Don't worry if you get cold as they will bring you a blanket to keep warm. Thankyou especially to the female owner... A real gem. Zoe & Mike

• Visited May 2013
“Terrific Mexican meals in beautiful and welcoming surroundings”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This large Mexican restaurant on the main road south of Fira is difficult to miss, decked out as it is in earthy Latin American colours very different from the whites and blues of most island buildings. It occupies a great spot fairly central to the caldera walls and overlooking the heart of the volcano providing stunning views and beautiful sunsets. The terrace is large, stepping down the hillside. The menu has an extensive selection of both food and drink. I'm not a drinker so can only comment on the food. Although the prices won't be the cheapest you've ever seen for Mexican, you will be getting value for money as the meals are top notch.

We arrived just as the sun was going down and opted for a table on the terrace. Mary, the American lady owner, came and took our order, chatting with us and making us feel very welcome. As darkness fell she produced a large pile of soft, warm fleece shawls and distributed them to protect her customers from the chill of the night. By this point I was already sold on the place and then the food arrived. Fresh, tasty, clearly made from good quality ingredients and well cooked. My friend (a chimichanga devotee) declared her dish to be the best chicken chimichanga ever. My choice of avocado tostado and spicy chicken tortilla was equally delicious. The refried beans demonstrated they can be made so that they are actually edible and, in this case, not just edible but tasty too. I cleared my plate. The dessert menu offered a banana and chocolate chimichanga that we just had to try. The mains had left us little room so we opted to share one dessert. Out came two plates, forks, spoons and, thoughtfully, a knife so we could cut it in half. This is the king of deep fried banana desserts with chocolate ice cream - it alone is worth a trip to Santorini.

Although we were only on the island a week we just had to go back so I chose Senor Zorba's as the venue for my birthday meal. As it was a windy night we sat inside. The view is still visible and the place does not feel cramped as some restaurants can. Mary sent over some high quality chips and salsa to start. I opted for the chicken fajitas this time round. It was definitely a dish for a healthy appetite and every bit as delicious as my previous meal. Mary came over to chat and when I mentioned it was my birthday out came a chocolate banana chimichanga resplendent with sparklers and accompanied by an enthusiastic chorus of 'Happy Birthday'. It was the perfect end to a perfect meal and a lovely birthday treat. Thank you to Mary and her staff.

I eat in many places in many countries and it's rare to find a restaurant I feel is worthy of 5 stars but Senor Zorba's qualifies in spades for the great food and wonderful service. I have nothing but warm memories of this place. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it's 1000 miles from home which, I'm sad to say, means I can't eat there every week.

3 Thank herenthere1