“Superlative”
Review of Agaze

Agaze
Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Pyrgos
Description: Designed with the love and care that our grandmothers would commit to the preparation of a traditional dish, Agaze is a blast of fine elements: vintage aura, passion for Greece, attention for details, fine selection of local ingredients. All blended with harmony, taste and beauty. Agaze is a location where traditions join travel memories, where every corner whispers enchanting stories. With echoes from all over the world, Agaze offers a new dining experience in the fascinating frame of Pyrgos, one of the most alluring and authentic villages on the island of Santorini. Agaze is a bistro which highlights the culinary art respecting the heritage and the belonging to the Greek country. Bright colours, a lively light, luxuriant plants, an olive tree and even goldfishes exist side by side, arm in arm, in Greek agaze, making everyone feel at home.
Reviewed June 6, 2019

Truly one of the best places in Santorini. Excellent both food and drinks. I went there for lunch and came back for dinner. Everything was delicious and the staff was really gentle. Ready to explain me the menu. If you go you must try the meze. In this way you can try a bit of everything.
Highly recommended! I’ll go there again for sure.

Reviewed June 6, 2019

Such an amazing space with delicious food and inspired cocktails!! Also the view is a definite plus!!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

stopped here while in pyrgos based on a recommendation and werent disappointed.super cute interior decor and really friendly staff. really tasty breakfast but lunch and dinner menu looked delicious. i had the breakfast deal which was so mich food.hubby had the greek donuts and an extra side of bacon. food was really fresh and obviously all homemade. great selection of coffees, teas. even if ur not staying near pyrgos id recommend visiting as its a really beautiful historic village and well worth a visit so while ur there take a bit of a jaunt out of the centre and eat at this place.

Date of visit: June 2019
Frantseskatse, General Manager at Agaze, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad to know that you have appreciated both our food and our restaurant. We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Actually Iam local and chose to visit the place for few times with my friend for coffee, snacks and was a night we tried also dinner. Very small quantities with less than medium quality of food and very expensive for the quality you get and the location of this place. Additionally I was visiting the place for couple of mornings for coffee since I was in the neighborhood and I wanted a quite place to do some work and I didn't receive authentic warmness from the staff. The plus of the place is the colorful decoration which is thrilling and attracts immediately your interest. I wouldn't recommend this place, feels cold :(

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Frantseskatse, Διευθυντής at Agaze, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Good evening Madam,

we are really sorry about your complains. But it sounds strange the fact that you decided to come more then once in a place that you did't really like. First of all I can understand that maybe you wanted to try different things from our menu, but since you did't even like the design, why did you come back?
Moreover, since you were looking for a quite place to work, why you wanted more attention from the staff?
At the end, but not less important, we'd like to know what you exactly ordered to eat so we can change it to improve ourselves and our work.

The Agaze Staff

Reviewed June 3, 2019

We stayed in the village of Pyrgos during our visit to Santorini and our Airbnb host recommended Agaze bistro. It's located more on the outskirts of the village than on the main square but was still only a short walk from our cave house. We arrived toward the end of lunch but the staff welcomed us warmly. Two of us had the Greek Burger which is one of the best tasting hamburgers I've had. It was topped with a delicious Graviera cheese, greens and tomato, and served with a tasty bun. I opted for a side salad rather than the French fries, but those were also delicious. I had a very yummy Pomegranite - Gojiberry iced tea to drink. The restaurant is very charming, decorated in blues and yellows with comfortable indoor and shaded outdoor eating spaces. I particularly admired the ceramic tiles lining a staircase inside.

That evening we came back, this time with my husband who'd not been feeling well earlier, but may have been restored by the Relaxing tea we brought him from lunch. The food was once again delicious. We liked everything we tried. Our daughter's boyfriend chose the occasion to propose, assisted by a small black cat which had followed us to the restaurant (and has since been adopted by it). The staff applauded and cheered and brought us slices of two different kinds of cake, both delicious, to celebrate. It was a wonderful, magical evening.

We're now following Agaze on social media to keep in touch. The restaurant will always have a special place in my memories of our trip to Greece and I hope to return again.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Thank you so much for this wonderful review.
We will never forget that evening and thank you also to brought here our new mascot! We are so glad that you have enjoyed your time here. It's very important for us that people coming here feel comfortable, like at home.
We really hope to see you soon at Agaze!

The Agaze Team