“Amazing Al Fresco Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My Wife and I went to the restaurant on the recommendation of the B&B we were staying in at Marina Di Ragusa. As it was a still night we decided to eat outside on the terrace. Luca was very helpful with translating the menu from Sicilian into Inglese and was attentive without being obtrusive. The quality of the food - we had both meat and fish between us - was of the highest standards, as you might expect from a Michelin star place (they must be good enough for one). The view from the terrace, looking out over the Mediterranean in the distance with coastal lights shining was magical. One of the best meals we have had for a long time. Gracie, Pete

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank Pete_W66
Write a reviewReviews (291)

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

All was amazing. Setting, food, service, wine and especially no mosquitos and very fair price for the quality provided. Waiter Luca did his best, everybody speaks English, we loved it and definitely will come back. Only one a bit strange thing was the welcome and overview of the owner or manager in surfers outfit: old shorts, old colorful T-shirt and slippers which contrasted with setting, food, service and dressed up guests. It is great and we highly appreciate when the owners or managers are personally involved, which means that quality of service is guaranteed, but dressing up for such occasion the same way as clients shall be automatic. But 5 stars anyway...

Date of visit: September 2018
4  Thank fudji_9
vincenzo t, Proprietario at Silva Suri Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate your suggestions, but I think my outfits have nothing to do with our service or the respect I have for my customers.
I do not like posh.
Also I do not own slippers, those were a pair of Birkenstock and I bought my shorts on riverisland.com in July 2018, which makes them relatively new.
I personally found your outfit boring, but I did not feel offended by that.... why would you?
Regards,
Vincenzo Tumino
Silva Suri***

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Fine food,fine wine and fine hospitality experienced in this hardworking family run restaurant .Beautiful setting overlooking the farmland and coast of southern Sicily.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed March 26, 2018

I was lucky enough to spend 3 wonderful weeks at Silvasuri Hotel and was privileged to enjoy the excellent food and service from Luca and Team in their Restaurant.
The kitchen was enhanced by a brilliant selection of wines from this region of Sicily.
The best place to eat out if you are ever in this part of the island and don't forget to order Luca's freshly picked mushrooms, he is a 'Funghi' Professional.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank simonh582018
Reviewed June 13, 2017

I stayed at Silva Suri for several days and had the pleasure of dining at the restaurant...an absolutely wonderful experience. Their octopus caponata is the best I've had (Polpo arrosto agli aromi su caponatina). For the main course, I had an off-menu item, which was a delicious fish steak with a dash of cinnamon...phenomenal! And of course, Cannolo Scomposto for dessert (a broken, or "de-composed" cannolo). I can't wait for my return visit...thanks again!

Date of visit: May 2017