“Over priced!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Polmont
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Over priced!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just spent an overnight here for my birthday, we bought the special offer of B&B, 2x30min spa treatmeants and upgraded to executive room, cost £147 for 1 night. Room wasnt ready on arrival altho check in was from 2pm (we arrived at 5 past 2) we only waited 10mins in reception, receptionist was lovely and very cheery! When we got to our room it wasnt anything special, we booked king bed but got 2 singles pushed together (pet hate) bathroom was clean but starting to mould around bath. We spent the day at the spa and had treatments which were amazing, spa is beautiful and staff are great. Dinner in the restaurant was really nice altho £5.15 for a half pint of orange & lemonade is shocking! We really enjoyed our stay but really dont think it was worth what we paid, ive stayed in cheaper hotels that cost much less, cant fault the staff tho they were great!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MissLewis
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear MissLewis,

Thank you for posting you recent review of the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

I will pass on your comments to the team members involved.

I have also asked our Operations Manager to review the prices of our soft drink offerings; in particularly the ones that are made up of several bottles of mixers.

The level of service we deliver at the hotel is of a high standard, and I was certainly pleased to read your positive comments on the team members and the award winning spa facilities we offer.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and spa in the near future, or indeed one of our other Macdonald Hotels or Resorts.

Brett Ingle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The worst customer service I have EVER recieved. Its not until you want to complain about how incompetent the staff at this hotel are. I booked an advance purchace , macdonalds terms and conditions are this means you must pay for your booking up front. So I did this by providing my details for the payment. After booking the room macdonald told me what I booked wasnt actually what I was getting as it was wrongly advertised through booking.com. Booking.com did advised this was macdonalds error. As the room was an advanced booking and I had already paid I had to either loose my money or make the best of a bad booking. Now this room was booked in Feburary for the end of July for my daughters wedding. When we arrived I checked with the receptionist all was paid and above board ,she advised it was. We arrived in our room with a put up bed for our younger daughter. This was meant to be a full sized single bed this was the part that was wrongly advertised ! So we thought we woild make the best of it. Now after paying 245 for tge room I didnt expect a cracked sink and a fridge/ cooler that warmed drinks rather than chill them.
We were all set to leave and went to hand the room key in only to be shouted back by another receptionist ti say ohh your card was declined you have a bill to pay !!!! Really infront of a reception full of people !!! I questioened rhe receptionist about this and she said we had to pay again. To save embarrasment I did, bless her she did say if it was an error I could have a refund. I left irate and as soon as I got home I emailed the hotel they just said I had only been charged once totally misaing the piont of my complaint being the wrong advertisment through to being told to room was all paid on arrival to the misleading information till I left. I did contact my card company they entered the card digit wrongly !! Big shocker there they did everything else wrong. From emails to this hotel to the reception , manager and opertions none of these peolpe actually showed any compassion for the total mess they made of my booking. Not at anytime did they contact me to advise there was an issue in the 5 months this booking was made.! Its not till you want to complain about macdonalds do you find out they have no idea how to deal with a complaint onther than to ignore it and hope it will go away. Macdonalds think they are too big for there customers and they really just dont care as long as they get your money. If they told me they were not able to take the paymentI wouls have gone somewhere else who could have provided me with the room type I needed . Instead of second best. Macdonalds Inchyra are the worst hotel I have ever dealt with and if you have any sence you would avoid them like the plague. I am very bitter and feel very cheated by this place.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank jenkos1
Dear Jenkos1,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

In terms of the issues you have highlighted, as you are aware, several members of my team, including myself have been involved in the correspondence to yourself, prior to this review being added to Trip Advisor.

However, the fact remained that the room wasn’t paid for in advance and therefore needed to be settled on departure.

There is a note on Booking.com’s site that informs all guests to contact the hotel in advance when requiring extra beds, to ensure that these are accommodated correctly.

In terms of the other issues: The maintenance of the room will be checked in reference to the sink, and we be replaced, as part of our ongoing maintenance plan.

As part of our Room 15 – Sustainability Initiatives – All bedroom fridges are switched off when not in use. We were not made aware of any fault with this fridge, we again will have this checked.

Finally, had any of the above issues been brought to our attention during the 2 day visit I am certain my team would have resolved them in a timely manner.

Kind regards,

Brett Ingle,
General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Polmont hotels

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, it is pricey but you get what you pay for. On arrival the room was a good size with everything you need. It even had a hidden (empty) fridge you could store water etc in. There was no expensive minibar which was a nice touch. Room service was stupidly expensive. In the price of our room we got full access to the gym and pool, we could also use the spa if we wanted to. Our booking also included a full breakfast which had everything you could ever want! A really good hotel with fantastic staff, facilities and access to lots of tourist attractions. We stayed for a meal one night which was good, the menu wasn't extensive as it is a specialist steak restaurant. If you don't like steak then you are pretty much restricted. The menu also didn't say what you got with the meal and the staff didn't tell you when you ordered extra potatoes for example but this seemed common everywhere we went.

Room Tip: We chose a standard double with breakfast and it was more than adequate for two people.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Two rooms were booked ,one was palatial and the other poky and in need of redecorating ; prices exactly the same when booked on the internet. Food was good and swimming pool lovely. Breakfast good but expensive. Ok for overnight stay.

Room Tip: enquire at reception for an upgrade if available
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bydandbabe
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa.
It was unfortunate you were not allocated rooms of the same standard.

I hope this did not affect the enjoyment of your stay with us. Your otherwise positive comments are very much appreciated, guest feedback is very important as it gives us the opportunity to review our service delivery as well as highlight any training needs to our management team and team.

Brett Ingle,
edinburgh
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my husband for a cheap spa night deal. IT was £109 for us both, including breakfast, a glass of champers and a treatment at the spa.
The location is a bit random, in the middle of nowhere but with surrounding views of lots of pylons! The staff were all very pleasant and we were upgraded for free. I had a facial as part of the package and they had a £25 treatment deal so I had a massage too :)
The dinner menu was very expensive so we went to the nearby Black Bull pub for dinner which was really good value for money. The hotel bar was deserted by 11pm (on a Friday) which was probably for the best as it was very expensive.
The pool was lovely but there wasn't much else going on (I have been to Stobo this year for a Spa day, so no comparison really), everything was very clean.
The breakfast was a fantastic spread but the hot food tasted like it had been sitting on the hot plate for a while which was a shame.
Overall, this hotel was great value for money, but it lacked a certain something.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spa treatment; we have invested heavily into the spa over the last year and receive regular positive feedback on it.

We were concerned to read that other elements of your stay did not live up to expectations. Throughout Macdonald Hotels & Resorts, we pride ourselves on sourcing the finest, fresh ingredients, local, where possible, to produce quality meals for our guests.

In terms of the location, the positives are certainly the Central location, ease of access from the cities, via Rail or Motorway, and then the huge free 500 parking spaces we have makes it a very easy location to find.

We have a dedicated and passionate team here who take great pride in their work.

Thank you once again for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Grangemouth, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would recomend the rasul mud therapy you will feel great after this ,the staff are realy helpful a light ,lunch is included , soup sandwiches & a glass of bubbly, full use of all facilities ,a realy enjoyable day great atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I’m delighted to read that you had a successful spa day recently here at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa. The transformation, in 2011 to our spa means that we are well set-out to entertain spa groups and hen parties, we hope you made the most of our facilities.

Thank you for your comments, your views are very important to us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you are looking to book at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, I can then look at wayss of enhancing your visit with us.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good points: staff were mostly helpfully and friendly. Very large car park. Comprehensive leisure facilities. Good choice on restaurant dinner menu, food nicely presented and tasty. Clean (classic) room. Not so good points: leisure pool recliners all reserved using the 'towel' trick, no room safe, no room air con, small double bed with a mattress that needed to be gripped by the edges to prevent constant rolling to the middle, no fridge, unable to decide if the water in the bottle provided was free or whether the £4.50 charge was for the actual bottle, damp breakfast serviettes (day 1), cooked breakfast served both mornings whilst half way through cereal, poached egg ice cold on day 2, many dinner items very pricy, no fixed price 2 or 3 course dinner menu, £15 deposit for 2nd key, possible £3 credit charge card. Unlikely to use this chain again so didn't bother to join the rewards club. Contact hotel at least three weeks before using Tesco rewards vouchers. Special rates apply.

Room Tip: First floor or above and NOT overlooking leisure centre
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive comments and for bringing to our attention some of the issues experienced during your stay.

The problems in the room you occupied have been brought to the attention of the management team and will be addressed. The water in the glass bottle is indeed free, the cost of £4.50 is for the bottle itself if desired as a momento.

We have had several comments from our guests, in respect of the bottled water, and from these comments we are looking at changing the signage in the near future.

I can only apologise for breakfast not being up to the standard expected. Your other comments have been passed on to the relevant managers as guest feedback is very important, and we be used to ensure we are improving our service and quality for future guests at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polmont
Airth Castle & Hotel
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#3 of 4 in Grangemouth
Best Western Park Hotel

Been to Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!