Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
$89
$79
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Falkirk East Hotel(Polmont)(Great Value!)
$70
$91
$79
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
1,766 results
All reviewssteakevening mealtribute nightexecutive roomlovely hotelsteam roomset menusoupleisure facilitiesfood was lovelybirthday treatbed and breakfastovernight stayafternoon teafamily roomfalkirk wheeltreatment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here overnight with my husband for a cheap spa night deal. IT was £109 for us both, including breakfast, a glass of champers and a treatment at the spa.
The location is a bit random, in the middle of nowhere but with surrounding views of lots of pylons! The staff were all very pleasant and we were upgraded for free. I had a facial as part of the package and they had a £25 treatment deal so I had a massage too :)
The dinner menu was very expensive so we went to the nearby Black Bull pub for dinner which was really good value for money. The hotel bar was deserted by 11pm (on a Friday) which was probably for the best as it was very expensive.
The pool was lovely but there wasn't much else going on (I have been to Stobo this year for a Spa day, so no comparison really), everything was very clean.
The breakfast was a fantastic spread but the hot food tasted like it had been sitting on the hot plate for a while which was a shame.
Overall, this hotel was great value for money, but it lacked a certain something.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrettIngle, General Manager at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spa treatment; we have invested heavily into the spa over the last year and receive regular positive feedback on it.

We were concerned to read that other elements of your stay did not live up to expectations. Throughout Macdonald Hotels & Resorts, we pride ourselves on sourcing the finest, fresh ingredients, local, where possible, to produce quality meals for our guests.

In terms of the location, the positives are certainly the Central location, ease of access from the cities, via Rail or Motorway, and then the huge free 500 parking spaces we have makes it a very easy location to find.

We have a dedicated and passionate team here who take great pride in their work.

Thank you once again for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would recomend the rasul mud therapy you will feel great after this ,the staff are realy helpful a light ,lunch is included , soup sandwiches & a glass of bubbly, full use of all facilities ,a realy enjoyable day great atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I’m delighted to read that you had a successful spa day recently here at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa. The transformation, in 2011 to our spa means that we are well set-out to entertain spa groups and hen parties, we hope you made the most of our facilities.

Thank you for your comments, your views are very important to us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you are looking to book at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, I can then look at wayss of enhancing your visit with us.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good points: staff were mostly helpfully and friendly. Very large car park. Comprehensive leisure facilities. Good choice on restaurant dinner menu, food nicely presented and tasty. Clean (classic) room. Not so good points: leisure pool recliners all reserved using the 'towel' trick, no room safe, no room air con, small double bed with a mattress that needed to be gripped by the edges to prevent constant rolling to the middle, no fridge, unable to decide if the water in the bottle provided was free or whether the £4.50 charge was for the actual bottle, damp breakfast serviettes (day 1), cooked breakfast served both mornings whilst half way through cereal, poached egg ice cold on day 2, many dinner items very pricy, no fixed price 2 or 3 course dinner menu, £15 deposit for 2nd key, possible £3 credit charge card. Unlikely to use this chain again so didn't bother to join the rewards club. Contact hotel at least three weeks before using Tesco rewards vouchers. Special rates apply.

Room Tip: First floor or above and NOT overlooking leisure centre
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive comments and for bringing to our attention some of the issues experienced during your stay.

The problems in the room you occupied have been brought to the attention of the management team and will be addressed. The water in the glass bottle is indeed free, the cost of £4.50 is for the bottle itself if desired as a momento.

We have had several comments from our guests, in respect of the bottled water, and from these comments we are looking at changing the signage in the near future.

I can only apologise for breakfast not being up to the standard expected. Your other comments have been passed on to the relevant managers as guest feedback is very important, and we be used to ensure we are improving our service and quality for future guests at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

General Manager.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Good quality hotel with comfortable rooms, set in a lovely part of the countryside, if you ignore the eyesore of Grangemouth oil and chemical plant out the window.

Be careful when booking. Breakfast often not included in room rates in order to tempt you in, but £15 for breakfast or £17.50 each for breakfast in your room. Way over priced. No breakfast in the world is worth that much! The same can be said for the drinks prices in the bar. But on the bright side the prices keep the rif raff out and ensure that guests at functions are unlikely to be able to afford to get drunk and rowdy. Lol.

The hotel is peaceful, service excellent and fixtures and fittings top quality. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We take great pride in the presentation of our hotel and lovely grounds, and I thank you for your comments.

We don’t feel our breakfasts are over priced. Our breakfasts are award winning and we supply a large selection of high quality food, made from the finest ingredients, served by a team of dedicated and passionate staff, who believe our breakfasts are the finest way to set you up for the day ahead.

Your comments are appreciated, as feedback form our guests is very important to the smooth running of the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any member of the team if we can be of any further assistance, once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I would have put excellent as i could nto fault the staff or the facilities, there were just a few things that I found could improve hence why I marked down slightly....

On arrival the staff were welcoming and friendly (we arrived at midnight so this was a pleasure), they were very efficient and we managed to find our room easily. The one thing that could be improved on was there being a safe in the room (there is a safe facility but you have to take those belongings to reception and place in a sealed bag to put in the hotel safe) this is ok if you dont want to retrieve any items during your stay as I did not feel comfortable asking the staff on a daily basis to take stuff out and put stuff in.

Also there was a wonderful looking bottle of water on the table, luckily I read the very small note that mentioned you would have to pay if consumed!! Which I thought a little cheeky, then my partner went to open this bottle as he hadn't seen the note, to which I had managed to intervene in good time.

We didnt book breakfast as this was £17.50 per head per day!!! I cannot understand the justification in this but there are plenty of places near by that could accomodate a much cheaper breakfast so I was not too worried.

It would also have been nice to have had the robes and slippers in our room that has been mentioned in previous posts but then we did get the room on a good rate so I am not too worried.

We booked for the sunday roast as this had an offer of £12.95 for 2 courses and £16.95 for 3 (cheaper than a breaksfast...go figure?) but i must admit it was one of the best roasts I have had in a very very very long time. We were only going to go for 2 courses but it was sooooooo good we decided the 3 courses in the end.

The facilities were brilliant and we used them everyday of our stay and the gym has plenty of equipment and I felt very comfortable in there.

The hotel was clean, room a little small (but we were only using it to rest our weary heads) and the staff were impecable. I couldnt recommend this hotel enough for a break away and easy access to the surrounding places ie edinburgh, falkirk, stirling and glasgow. Its a super base!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of my whole team at Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, thank you for giving feedback on your recent stay. Across the team, we have a philosophy of committed excellence in our service delivery, the ingredients we source and the meals that we prepare and I’m delighted you managed to experience this.

With regards to the bottle of water on the table in the room, the price of £4.50 relates to the actual bottle if desired as a souvenir and not the contents: the water is there for your consumption. Based on your feedback and that of a few of our other guests we are having the signage reprinted to make it clearer.

Once again, thank you for your very positive comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me in advance of any future stays with us here at the Macdonald Inchyra Hotel and Spa, I will then ensure that provisions are made to enhance your stay.