Uplawmoor Hotel
  • Restaurant
Lynnhurst Hotel(Johnstone)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsfirst classchicken and leek piebar menulovely mealfamily mealprawn cocktailhome madethis lovely hotelnext morningstaff were lovelyone night stayglasgow airporthidden gemfantastic stayate hereglasgow areacooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I recently spent 2 days/nights here as we had family commitments in Glasgow to attend.The rooms were comfortable and warm with all the facilities you expect at this standard of accommodation.My wife is an internet addict so having wifi available was a real bonus for her.The staff were all friendly and professional.A definite highlight was the food-we ate the first night in the lounge bar and the next night in the slightly more formal cocktail bar/restaurant.Both nights the food was really very good and not overly expensive.Sitting by the cocktail bar fire with a pre-dinner drink and the home made crisps was very enjoyable.All in all a hidden gem close to Glasgow.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I wanted to share our sincere appreciation of our recent stay at The Uplawmoor Hotel and in particular the excellent service we received from the staff, We only had an overnight stay as we were travelling back home from visiting friends. The accommodation was comfortable and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal we shared with our friends and family. All the staff were very attentive with being overwhelming and they made us feel very welcome. On the morning of our departure we discovered a tyre to be completely deflated and we asked for the loan of a car pump. Not only was a pump found but without our knowing it the tyre was inflated and we were able to find our way to the local garage courtesy of the clear directions provided by staff. We would not hisitate to stay again; we have recommend this hotel to our friends and would to anyone visiting this area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrDocking
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The service provided by all the staff was second to none. They were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent too!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on many occassions and have always found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. On my last visit my arrival was delayed and they called me to arrange a meal and food order. When I arrived they had a pint wating on the bar for me! The rooms are basic and functional but clean and have been recently refurbishe to a high standard. Both the Bar and Restaurant food is very good with daily specials well worth a try. The Arbroath Smokie is excellent if you want a healthy option for your breakfast. If you are looking for a quiet hotel with great food and service outside the hussle and bustle of Glasgow then I would highly recomment the Uplawmoor.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2010

For a few years now Uplawmoor hotel has held a gourmet night in their restaurant which gives the chefs a chance to showcase their talents. I have been to most and rarely disappointed. The Gourmet night on Friday was no different and dare I say the best yet. Each course has a wine chosen to compliment it and the attentive staff are more than happy to describe the wine and its origin to you. We had two tables of ten in attendance. Fantastic night, great produce used and looking forward already to the next one. Not to be missed !!
Thanks again to chefs, staff and the proprietors for making the night a truly memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends