“Spa weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Howwood
Stewarton, United Kingdom
“Spa weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Just back from spending the weekend which included a spa treatment (from itison) and it was bliss! From the moment we entered the hotel the staff were helpful and attentive which continued to the lounge bar where we got an afternoon tea and later dinner. The food is delicious and reasonable priced. The spa area is lovely and the girls are very good at the treatments, i upgraded to an hour long full body massage and my friend got an hour long facial, fantastic! Would definitely go again.. soon!

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and the bathroom is a great size. The decor in the rooms are dated but in good...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
bowfieldhotel, General Manager at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and treatments at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club.

Thank you for your very kind comments which are appreciated by all the team and reward for the hard work we put in to look after all our guests and members.

Once again, thanks

Kind regards

Craig Stewart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Glasgow,Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

My mum had purchased an itison voucher for my birthday. It allowed for a 25 min treatment and an afternoon tea.

The reception area is poor. Old, tired and in dire need of a refurb! Note to maintenance - WD40 required on front door!!!

The treatment - a back & neck massage lasted just shy of 20 minutes. Mmmm, thought it was 25.
After treatment was told to have a seat and help myself to water. Not from a cooler but a jug!

Afternoon tea was nice but rather sparse. 3 small sandwiches, cakes and no refill on our coffee.

The toilets adjacent to the restaurant were AWFUL! Dirty looking, dated and the radiator was hanging off the wall!

Usually, I would have complained but as I was with my mum who had bought this as a gift, I didn't.

Would I go back, even with a voucher? No, I wouldn't.

Best spa day/afternoon tea experience? LochGreen, Troon

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Bowfield Hotel & Country Club.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment you experienced during your visit.

I shall be discussing your comments regarding your treatments with our Head Therapist and action will be taken.

We shall certainly take on board your comments regarding your afternoon tea and refreshments and these shall be reviewed going forward.

I am sorry that you did not appreciate the warm welcome and ambiance of our reception area, we have not yet found the door that you have referred to? I very much look forward to be compared to 4 or 5 star properties following our period of refurbishment & development.

Once again please accept my apologies.

Craig Stewart

Travelers are raving about these Howwood hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed overnight as we were attending a wedding nearby.
Lovely to drive in to but unfortunately the inside does not reflect the outside. Our room (4) was tired and dated and we could hear every sound from the room upstairs even the bathroom light being switched on!
Breakfast was ok - the 45 minute wait however was unacceptable.
Fine to get your head down but we wont be rushing back I'm afraid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Bowfield Hotel & Country Club.

I can assure you I shall discuss your comments regarding your wait at breakfast with our Head Chef and waiting team with action being taken.

I am delighted to advise that we plan to commence refurbishment of our bedrooms later this year.

We do hope that you will consider returning to Bowfield Hotel & Country Club in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

My friend treated me to an overnight stay in this hotel for my birthday. On our arrival, it took only a couple of minutes to book us in and the girl on reception was very pleasant and helpful.

I made use of the indoor pool, sauna/steam room and Jacuzzi. There is also a huge gym with various exercise machines (although I wasn't feeling that energetic!). The twin bedded room was very spacious and had two comfortable chairs, coffee table, dressing table and flat screen t.v. as well as lots of storage space via a large wardrobe and a separate tea making area stocked with tea/coffee/hot chocolate/biscuits. The view looked out over beautiful countryside (room 23 on top floor). The room was spotlessly clean; yes, it is tired around the edges as other reviews have said, but this wasn't an issue for us as we prefer an older look as opposed to modern.

We had an evening meal in the restaurant; similar to 'pub grub', whilst not a gastronomical delight, it was certainly tasty, well cooked/presented and served by some very pleasant and efficient staff. We had cocktails in the lounge afterwards and were impressed that these were made from scratch (and not pre-mixed as is common in other hostelries) and contained full spirit measures ........ lovely! The lounge is very much geared towards relaxation, with large squashy leather sofas and chairs.

Choice for breakfast was more than adequate ... the usual cereals/fruit juice/fresh fruit/croissants and a choice of various cooked breakfasts (vegetarian option too). My friend had the full Scottish breakfast which she said was delicious, I opted for eggs benedict which was ok but the hollandaise sauce had separated, but full marks for it being made properly and not from a jar!

The hotel has a beauty spa which can be booked at extra charge depending on which treatments you choose but we didn't make use of this on our visit but it seemed pretty popular with lots of ladies who had booked their treatments.

There are a couple of outside seating areas if you are lucky enough to visit in good weather. The reception area is equipped with leather chesterfields and a large writing table/chair; we made use of this area after breakfast to read the morning papers. I would sum up by saying that this hotel is perfect for a getaway/relaxing break and it won't break the bank either. The hotel exceeded my expectations and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: room 23 is on the highest floor (four small flights of stairs) and has views out over surrounding fi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words.

Great to have such a great review and it makes our commitment to hospitality worth all the effort. We will continue to endeavor to make it as good as you write.

Our team love what we do and are delighted to here your kind words.

Thanks again

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Firstly let me congratulate the bowfield on coming so far as per there welcome folder located on the room.

Your gym and leisure facilities are flawless the sauna & spa are a little dated but immaculately clean.

Moving on to one or two small points that you may or may not take on board firstly to the fact that myself and my wife checked in well ahead of our time which was fantastic as we had booked spa treatments and didn't want to be late your receptionist did inform us that there was no towels in the room as you where awaiting laundry which again is understandable but we had to call at 4:15 and again at 6:05 both times being told towels are on the way only the second time did the towels arrive after 15 minutes which for a hotel guest is disappointing having to call twice.

Secondly you choice of evening meals was brilliant the starters myself and my wife ordered where outstanding by far the best we have had in a long time in any restaurants my wife had tempura I had nachos which I cannot fault the service of the young chap euan I think was outstanding the young chap run from pillar to post to keep diners happy but the mains where of great disappointment my wife's beef lasagna was cooked so hot that is was pipping hot on the inside cooler on the outside and dry my own choice was macaroni cheese which was tasteless and gritty not wanting to make a scene we endured however it was disappointing going from a fabulous starter to these disappointing mains.

Another point was the extremely dated rooms I was shocked to see the bedside radio, clock drawer combi unit which I remember from my childhood living with my parents it was extremely funny trying to explain to my younger wife the era which they came from the mix of this with the flat screen digital TV was most amusing.

Lastly the breakfast having looked at the menus advertising a "full Scottish breakfast" I assumed that the sausage of the menu would be square my disappointment at receiving a link sausage was made worse when I opted out of three of the items in the breakfast not be offered double of the other items left and received a plate which was two thirds empty.

However as with most short spa breaks you do pay for what you receive I hope that the refurbishment plans that are in your welcome folder do bring your fantastically place country club into the 21st century.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michael P
Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your stay at Bowfield Hotel & Country Club.

As you advise we are going through a period of development and I am delighted to advise that we plan to commence this Autumn. We are also in the process of changing our laundry supplier to eliminate the towel problem you experienced.

I have discussed your comments regarding breakfast and dinner with our Head Chef and assure you action will be taken. We do pride ourselves on good quality, simple, home made food and your experience is not what we aim to deliver.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding aspects of your stay and I do appreciate the overall constructive comments you have given.

Once again please accept my apologies and we do hope that we can welcome you back to Bowfield in the future.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am former member of the Bowfield Gym, however unfortunately I had to move due to relocation. Since leaving the Bowfield I have visited many big name Gyms, however compared all to the bowfield and not one has come close to the fantastic facilities that the Bowfield has to offer. They get every right, from the equipment and surroundings to the music level and laid back atmosphere. I would really encourage anyone looking for a gym that has it all to give the Bowfield a visit!

I have eventually settled with a new gym but 'it's not the bowfield' :(

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your comments regarding our Gym and Gym Membership.

Lovely feedback like this makes the hard work in trying to achieve all that you have enjoyed very worthwhile.

We do hope that we can welcome you back for a visit or indeed if you move back to the area.

Kind regards

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and i have been going to the bowfield for over a year now because its local to us but we feel its out in the country so we love that side of things

First we arrived at reception and we looked at the set menu for 2 courses for dinner, we decided that this would be nice and booked our table for 8pm

On arrival we were told we were to late for this set menu and had to pay for each course which was so upsetting and misleading

We both decided to go for a swim but on the way back to our room there were no towels, i asked at reception to be told the delivery hadn't arrived but when it does we will be allocated towels to our room, which is appalling because most love a shower after swimming, and we always prefer to go back to our room for this so it is more comfortable

We were allocated a room for 2 nights facing a white wall so again asked to be moved and that seemed to be no problem

We then had a lovely stay until the morning when we went for breakfast because this was a disaster

1 There were very little tables cleaned from previous guests so we scrambled for a seat
2 We then relaxed and were offered tea/coffee which when arrived was cold so when arrived was still cold
3 We had to ask for our toast to come
4 When it came it was burnt and hard
5 My husband who decided having a few cuasoine with butter but when arrived was hard inside
6 We asked for more but all that happened was the chef heated them up in the micro so they were soft inside but still not fresh
7 We left the dinning room in disgust because of the lack of service/food

Please note if you decide to go in to the breakfast then please remember they do not top up with anything on the buffet table that has run down - But please ask the staff, although nobody should need to do this

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on upper floors , rooms on low level has little tiny windows which are dark
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank loobyloo0350

I am glad the our team were able to give you a room you were happy with, although I am not aware of any of our rooms which simply look at a white wall. We are also in the process of changing our laundry supplier to eliminate the towel problem you experienced.

I have discussed your comments regarding breakfast with our Head Chef and assure you action will be taken. We do pride ourselves on good quality, simple, home made food and your experience is not what we aim to deliver.

Craig Stewart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howwood
Lynnhurst Hotel
#4 of 7 in East Kilbride
Uplawmoor Hotel
Uplawmoor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Uplawmoor

Been to Bowfield Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!