My friend treated me to an overnight stay in this hotel for my birthday. On our arrival, it took only a couple of minutes to book us in and the girl on reception was very pleasant and helpful.
I made use of the indoor pool, sauna/steam room and Jacuzzi. There is also a huge gym with various exercise machines (although I wasn't feeling that energetic!). The twin bedded room was very spacious and had two comfortable chairs, coffee table, dressing table and flat screen t.v. as well as lots of storage space via a large wardrobe and a separate tea making area stocked with tea/coffee/hot chocolate/biscuits. The view looked out over beautiful countryside (room 23 on top floor). The room was spotlessly clean; yes, it is tired around the edges as other reviews have said, but this wasn't an issue for us as we prefer an older look as opposed to modern.
We had an evening meal in the restaurant; similar to 'pub grub', whilst not a gastronomical delight, it was certainly tasty, well cooked/presented and served by some very pleasant and efficient staff. We had cocktails in the lounge afterwards and were impressed that these were made from scratch (and not pre-mixed as is common in other hostelries) and contained full spirit measures ........ lovely! The lounge is very much geared towards relaxation, with large squashy leather sofas and chairs.
Choice for breakfast was more than adequate ... the usual cereals/fruit juice/fresh fruit/croissants and a choice of various cooked breakfasts (vegetarian option too). My friend had the full Scottish breakfast which she said was delicious, I opted for eggs benedict which was ok but the hollandaise sauce had separated, but full marks for it being made properly and not from a jar!
The hotel has a beauty spa which can be booked at extra charge depending on which treatments you choose but we didn't make use of this on our visit but it seemed pretty popular with lots of ladies who had booked their treatments.
There are a couple of outside seating areas if you are lucky enough to visit in good weather. The reception area is equipped with leather chesterfields and a large writing table/chair; we made use of this area after breakfast to read the morning papers. I would sum up by saying that this hotel is perfect for a getaway/relaxing break and it won't break the bank either. The hotel exceeded my expectations and I would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotels near Glasgow do not come better than this little gem, Bowfield offers quiet comfort, a superb leisure club & award winning restaurant, only minutes from Glasgow Airport, situated n a beautiful countryside setting. The hotel has copious areas of relaxation space, you cannot help but relax & de-stress, so next time you come to visit Glasgow, whether on business or for pleasure take some quality time out to visit Bowfield. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Bowfield Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowfield Hotel And Country Club
- Bowfield Hotel & Country Club Howwood, Scotland