“First Class”

Elliston Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked a table for seven on Friday night and selected the £10.95 two course evening meal. We were very pleased with the quality of the food and the service provided. My wife had salmon which was well presented and even though the meal was described as a light evening meal the portion was ample. I had the haddock and chips which was excellent followed by a large portion of sticky toffee pudding. The other meals ordered were mushroom rissotto with truffle oil and steak pie. Our guests enjoyed their food. There was not a scrap of food left on any of our plates at the end of the meal.
I don't agree with some of the other reviews. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive to our requirements.
All in all we had a pleasant evening in pleasant surroundings and the location was good for our guests who had only to turn left out of the restuarant then right onto the A road leading to the motorway.
We did not use the outdoor seating area but it would be very attractive when the weather was suitable.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband visited the Elliston Grill to make the booking for a Birthday Lunch for 8 people. When we arrived the booking wasn't in the book, the waitress reluctantly showed us to a table. When the rest of our party arrived we had to wait until they eventually decided to give some of our party a menu!!!they didn't have enough to go around. Atmosphere in the place was terrible we. Could hear the staff getting shouted at in the kitchen. The food when eventually served was pleasant. Sad to leave a place after a family celebration and say we will never be back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I visited here with my mum & baby boy. The staff were friendly and helpful! The music wasn't so good lol! But the food was AMAZING!!! The chips are the best chips I've ever tasted, chunky and very crispy yet fluffy inside. The onion rings were awesome too! Great meal, good prices! Will visit again in the near future. It was a filling satisfying meal, although I could have eaten several more chips they were that good! Worth a visit!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

On Thursday 12 th. of SEPTEMBER we took a friend for lunch. What a lovely restaurant and what a lovely meal. Now for some more detail.The restaurant was not very busy and we could have had our choice of seats. As it happened we were shown to a very nice table at a window with a view. The lunch time menu was varied and you could choose either "A LA CARTE" or there was a choice of fixed menu`s at a reduced price for 2 coarse`s. The prices were very reasonable, more so for the 2 coarse selection. We had 3 different meals, "CHICKEN &HAGGIS", "BATTERED FISH" AND "STEAK PIE". The food was freshly prepared, and the portions were just right. These were followed by 3 DESSERTS.This was at a total under £30.00 for the meals. All in all a most relaxing and enjoyable experience. And a lovely way to celebrate an old friends birthday. We will be back again and I look forward to it.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Visited with my family recently and had one of the loveliest main courses I have ever had the chicken and haggis in the whiskey mustard sauce. However the manner of the head waiter manager left a lot to be desired. Wen we arrived he didn't even show us to our table just pointed to it as we walked through. The restaurant wasn't even busy but we felt we were being rushed. Wen we asked for dessert menus his face was tripping him and literally 10 seconds after we got the menus he was asking if we had decided what we wanted. .its such a shame as the food was outstanding but would really think twice about visiting again as when you are going out for a nice meal you want to feel relaxed and wanted. The price is a bit above average for the area but is worth it due to the quality of the food.