Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oakley Lodge(Cambridge)
Very Good 4/5
The Black Horse Inn(Swaffham Bulbeck)
  • Bar/Lounge
Great 4.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Stationroomz(Cambridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsquy millwater millmain buildingjacuzzi bathafternoon teaconverted barnbar menuanglesey abbeyfour posterpark and ridelovely hotelwedding partysuperior roomleisure facilitiesno liftsconesminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped there for one night. I requested a quiet room and I was served. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. The staff were very polite and helpful, and the place so charming that we had breakfast, lunch and dinner there rather than go to Cambridge, and they were all well worth it. Off the beaten track, I was surprised how busy the hotel was, and yet the service was irreproachable. When we visit Cambridge I know where I would rather stay!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Quy Mill is situated just off the A14 to the north east of Cambridge yet feels miles from anywhere. It's very near the Milton park and ride so is very well placed for visiting the city. Our standard twin room was in one of the converted barns - there were only four rooms in there and it was very quiet. The room (and the rest of the building) looked like it had been very recently refurbished. The decor was stylish, everywhere was spotlessly clean and the beds were ultra comfy. The breakfast area consists of a number of small rooms/areas making it nice and peaceful. The quality of the breakfast buffet was very good, including home made bread and local bacon and sausage. There are lovely walks by the river within the grounds. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Me and my partner had a lovely time on valentines day!
the room we were in was perfect couldnt falut it one bit,
dinner was lovely, i recommed the brownie :)
breakfast was also nice we were served by daisy who was very helpful and friendly
we recommed this hotel highy and it should be a 4 star not a 3.
Thank you for making are night perfect

Room Tip: 203 was a very nice room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2013

On a trip with three girl friends we booked an overnight stay - dinner bed and breakfast and used the spa. The bedrooms were clean and adequate. The restaurant however appeared to be a little disorganised. We were asked if we would like to go through at 7,30 but our table was booked for 8,30 - we said we would wait as we were enjoying a drink in the bar. At 8,30 no one came for us so we made our own way through. We were given the menus and when the waiter finally came to take our order (chosing from the set menu which was the menu included in our stay) we were advised that 50% of the main couses were not available. It would have been helpful to have been told this when presented with the menus. We were then allowed to pick from the entire menu with no extra cost. My main course when finally arrived at 9,30 was not cooked. Breakfast the next morning appeared to be equally chaotic. Added to the fact that when we went to pay the next morning the price for all four dinners (£102) had been added to the bill! Make sure you check your bill. The paper which my friend had ordered never appeared and the Spa Manager was rude and unprofessional. If you want a spa weekend my advice is go to Ragdale Hall - it is absolutely perfect, the staff are suberb and the food is out of this world - I know where I will be going in the future!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel bedrooms are lovely and clean and very handy for Cambridge. Whilst there my three friends and I booked spa treatments. The therapists were very nice however, after our treatments one of our group asked when we should pay and was told to settle later or on departure. Another of the group received a phone call a few minutes later telling her that we had not paid and would have to go and pay immediately-we had already paid half in advance and were staying overnight in the hotel-made to feel as if we were trying to not pay! Whilst raising a query the following day with the spa Manager Sarah, we were made to feel as if we were a nuisance and she was both rude and unprofessional-clearly we had already paid and were therefore no longer important. I would stay at the hotel again but would NOT use IMAGINE.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends