“Marvellous venue for a wedding”
Review of Hellaby Hall Hotel

Hellaby Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hellaby
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My son booked this hotel over a year ago to get married there on the 7th of June 2014. I, like many people read reviews, that were far from what I wanted to read, with my sons wedding approaching, I was very concerned. I needn't have worried.though, because the day couldn't have gone any better. The hotel and grounds are lovely, making a great setting for photos. Everywhere I looked was clean. The hotel staff were attentive and helpful, The meal was faultless and served very efficiently. The evening buffet was the same, along with breakfast that was constantly replenished by a number of staff, who also cleared and reset tables, again with the same efficiency.

I can only say good things about this hotel and thoroughly recommend it for a wedding venue. Our special day spent there, from start to finish, will be remembered with only fond memories.

I would like to especially thank the Deputy General Manager, Sebastian Rizk, who couldn't have been more professional and helpful, he is a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Kerry F
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Guest.

It is with great pleasure that I read your recent review and see that your son’s very special day was a great success and that nothing was left to chance. I am delighted that you chosen to ignore some of the comments on trip advisor and that you have been proven right to do so.
I was delighted to oversee your sons wedding and I am delighted everything went to plan and that you found your entire stay to be hassle free and the entire staff to bee professional and very helpful.
The team and I look forward to your next visit

There are newer reviews for Hellaby Hall Hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2014

i went with a friend for an afternoon tea in june 2014 on a thurs so it was lovely and quiet and they let us sit in the garden because it was lovely warm and sunny. the waitress was very attentive but not overpowering, the food was lovely and plentiful so a relaxing couple of hours was had by us both, would recommend especially if you get a good deal of one of the social sites like we did .

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank jackietheboss

Dear Guest.

I would like to start by thanking you for your comments; I am happy to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time at the hotel and found that the service and food offerings are of high standards, I am delighted that you managed to enjoy a lovely afternoon tea in the gardens.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Hellaby Hall

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Have just stayed 2 nights at this hotel, absolutely lovely staff, very clean, very large room,was lacking a fridge or minibar and also needed air on as very warm room..
I Was booked in for spa treatments by receptionist at the hotel, but when I went to the spa for them it was shut.....
.but a nice enough stay apart from the restaurant in the evening...
Breakfast and lunch was great apart from its hard to find a breakfast table that's been cleared away of previous diners dishes, evening meal however left a lot to be desired, my starter of salmon roulade was frozen solid, main of chicken, extremely dry and rubbery on a bed of over cooked veg...
dessert was poached pear and compote which consisted of 3 very thin slices of pear, half a strawberry and one grape....with some raw crumble topping and ice-cream...plus a half dead bluebottle..........
Unable to walk out of the hotel as it's next to an industrial site, so probably won't return to this hotel

Room Tip: Don't book ground floor as no aircon...and unsafe to keep windows open at night on ground floor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank julieparr

Dear Guest

I am happy to see that you have found all the staff at hellaby to be lovely and I am pleased you enjoyed breakfast however I am sorry that the breakfast room was busy. I will make sure I pass your comment to the head chef and hope to see you in the future

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Over night stay, the girls night in package 3 ladies for my birthday it was a very busy weekend as there was a wedding party on both Saturday and Sunday ...this however did not impact on the service that we received from any staff from reception to domestic to managers. There was a minor blip with the electronics which caused the key cards not to work which was a little inconvenient but out of your control.The room was to a very high standard ,the evening meal was excellent ,you were out of house wine but served an excellent alternative( which just happened to be my favourite) .

As I have already said all of your staff were very accomodating but all of us felt that we must mention Maria who looked after us in the restaurant, nothing was too much trouble she was polite efficient very busy but kept everything under control, she is a credit to you. We will certainly be booking again and recommending you to our friends.

Excellent weekend thank you all at hellaby.

Room Tip: Family room.....2 double beds walk in wardrobe, very spacious can't fault it at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Janice446

Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure that I read your recent review and I am delighted you found that the hotel did not compromise on service regardless of how busy the team was. I will make sure I pass your comments to Maria and the team.
We at Hellaby Hall look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I checked into the hotel on Friday night, having been booked for 2 nights by the company I was working for, to be told the hotel had over-booked and I was to be transported to the Ibis hotel, down the road, for my second night. Service was generally poor; the restaurant that night had 7 people dining and about 4 staff working, none of whom seemed to know what the other was doing. At 5.30 pm on the Saturday I realised that a colleague, who had a room booked for Saturday night, was going home so her room was available which would have avoided me transferring hotels. Hellaby was unable to make this room available for me as there were no housekeeping staff working to make the room up. I pity any guests who arrived late in the day and found problems with their room as you wouldn't get them sorted out! Overall, the service was shoddy, attitudes of staff were poor and I won't return in a hurry. Shame on you Hellaby Hall; you have the potential to be good but you seem very blinkered in your approach to customer service

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank Martin N

Dear Sir

It is with regret that I read your recent review, I am sorry you felt that the hotel was unable to cater for your request however I would like to clarify that it was not the hotels position to move you to another hotel however it was your companies strict instruction that have led for you moving to another hotel. I am perplexed that no one offered to clean your room as we have a duty manager at hand that are able to do so at all times.
I hope that upon reflection you will be visiting Hellaby Hall again, were the staff and I will be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Charming place to stay wonderful staff very caring stopped for the weekend . The wife was very impressed with the hotel . The food was incredible would fully recommend this hotel . There was a wedding on but we never felt pushed out or anything . The staff were great pleasant and good sense of humour . We would stop here again no problem . The rooms are very spacious. The only small criticism would be the bar prices £490 for a beer I thought was a bit steep . Thanks hellaby for a cracking weekend .

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ian V
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Sir

It is with great joy that I read your review and find that both yourself and your wife thoroughly enjoyed Hellaby Hall and its many aspect, also I am very glad to see that you have found the food offering to be of very high standards reflecting our newly awarded rosette for food excellence.
The team and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

What a fabulous time we had! We were greeted by helpful staff on reception and when we arrived at the restaurant, and immediately shown to a lovely table by the window overlooking the garden. We were asked about drinks straight away and given menus to chose from. Every part of our meal was delicious, especially the roast beef, exceptionally succulent and the Yorkshire Puds just like home made. The staff were very friendly, and the restaurant manager Callum was very attentive, making sure we wanted for nothing. This was our first visit, as we bought a Living Social voucher, which made the cost very reasonable. I must say, this will not be our last visit, and will be very happy to pay full price as it was a very enjoyable experience. Thanks again for a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank PammR

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read your recent comments and to see that you have had a great Sunday meal at Hellaby Hall and that Callum and his team look after you very well.
I am delighted you have found all aspects of the food offerings to be of high standard.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellaby
Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel
#9 of 15 in Rotherham
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
#2 of 15 in Rotherham

Been to Hellaby Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!