“Wedding Weekend”

Hellaby Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hellaby
“Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

we went to a relative`s wedding reception and stopped the night at Hellaby Hall Hotel in rotherham last weekend the 26th of April, the experience on the whole was very good, the receptionist was very friendly the room was clean and quite well equipped with a really large comfortable bed, the reception was held in a nice sized room, drinks were on the expensive side which is what you expect in Hotels so no shock there but I have been to a lot more expensive hotels. Breakfast was really nice, it was a serve yourself buffet type breakfast with the usual bacon,sausage,beans,fried eggs or scrambled tomatoes button mushrooms and fried bread plus a good choice of fruit juices and cereals, the plates could have been warmed up as they were cold so breakfast went cold very quickly but the whole weekend was a very enjoyable experience.

1 Thank daryl k
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure that I read your recent review regarding your relative’s special day. I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed the day and found the reception team to be very friendly and efficient.
The team is delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed our buffet breakfast in our newly awarded AA rosette restaurant.
The team and I are looking forward to your next visit at Hellaby Hall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We celebrated our son's wedding reception at Hellaby Hall Hotel last week and it was a joyous occasion. The setting was good; the rooms were comfortable; the bride and groom had a luxurious suite with a four poster bed. Twenty rooms were reserved for wedding guests at special rates. The attached gym and spa were used by the guests who stayed on
The food was good. Outside catering is also now allowed. We had five toddlers at the reception - highchairs and children's fare were provided with no problem.
The staff are friendly and always willing to help out.
The wedding coordinator was excellent - courteous, prompt and very thorough and nothing was too much trouble. It was a pleasure planning the reception!
All in all we had a wonderful day in a very pleasant hotel.

2 Thank gayatr333i
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read your latest review and to see that you have had such a joyful occasion at Hellaby Hall and that all aspects and expectations of your wedding day were delivered. I am glad to see that all your guests have enjoyed our leisure club facilities and found all there rooms to meet their expectations.
I am pleased you found our wedding coordinator to be efficient and well organized and courteous. We at Hellaby Hall always strive to deliver excellent service, the team and I look forward to your next visit
Reviewed April 16, 2014

First time visiting this hotel for sunday lunch and we certainly won't be back. The selection was appalling, very little options, 3 vegeatbles to chose on the carvery, only roast potatoes available and the gravy was like water.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karly M
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Sir

It is with regret that I read your latest review regarding Sunday lunch. I am sorry that you felt that the vegetable were not up to your liking however we do offer four different types of vegetables.
We at Hellaby Hall strive to achieve excellent service and we have recently been awarded an AA rosette for food excellence. I hope that upon reflection you would choose to try Hellaby Hall again.

Travelers are raving about these Hellaby hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Absolutely amazing ,one of the best hotel we have stayed at, we stayed in the barn conversion, room excellent. Food was very high standard although limited for a child, but staff provided ideal food off a bar menu. real value for money especially as we used a wowcher deal.

Dear Ms

It is with great pleasure that I read your recent review concerning Hellaby Hall and I am delighted to see that you have found the stay to be “Amazing”. I am glad that you found our recently renovated bedrooms to be of high standards, it is great to see that the team was able to offer you some menu alternatives to meet your child’s needs, we at Hellaby Hall look forward to your next stay with us.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Some friends had their wedding here, and we booked rooms to attend. The hotel is lovely, although it's a little odd arriving through an industrial estate only to then find yourself in such a lovely setting as the hotel's grounds offer.

Service was lovely - the staff are really helpful. We had some food in the bar upon arrival which was really tasty and good value for money. The wedding reception was great - lovely function room overlooking the grounds, and given this was August it was nice to mill about outside. The fireworks display was great.

Breakfast was really tasty, although it took a while to replenish some of the items when the restaurant became very busy.

Overall, a really nice stay and a great event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SalM007
Dear Guest

I am delighted to hear that you have had a great time at Hellaby Hall, I am very happy to see you have sampled our food offerings in the bar and at your friends wedding finding it to be really tasty, it is a pleasure seeing guest appreciate the grounds we offer.
My team and I hope to welcome you back to Hellaby Hall were I highly recommend you try our newly awarded AA rosette Carnelly restaurant.
Worcester
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

A last minute business booking. The 'Executive Room' was a shocker, looked as if it hadn't had a make over since the mid 80's, terrible bed, for the rate you would at least expect a complimentary bottle of water. The refurbished family room wasn't any better. Room service took an hour and half to arrive and the steak was like chewing through an old wellie. Seriously, they need to up their game.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank rhill1024
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Sir

It is with great disappointment that I learn of your recent experience at Hellaby Hall.
I am sorry that our executive rooms did not meet your expectations; however I am pleased that reception had offered you a complimentary upgrade to our deluxe rooms that have actually been recently refurbished and are well received by the majority of our guests.

I am sorry that at the time you had decided not to take the refurbished room and remained in the executive bedroom you had booked.
I struggle to understand that your room service took 1 ½ hours to arrive as all the orders are timed and we apply a strict policy that if you do not receive you food within a suitable time it will not be charged , had you made the reception team aware at the time I am sure my team would have gladly removed the items from your bill.

It is surprising that you did not enjoy your steak as I can assure you that all our produce are of the highest standards and we have been recently awarded a rosette for culinary excellence.

I hope that upon reflection you will give Hellaby Hall another try and my team and I will be delighted to welcome you back.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went to the Carnelly Restaurant at Hellaby Hall with a Groupon voucher, and we didn't have particularly high hopes, even though we have sometimes impossibly high standards. The meal was absolutely amazing, we had fish cakes which were beautifully fresh, followed by gnocchi for me and a beef roast for my husband; both superb. However the highlight of the meal for us were the puddings, we chose vanilla cheesecake and I've never tasted anything as delicious at a restaurant . We had a large glass of red (and by large I mean "bucket") included in the deal. The staff couldn't do enough for us and we had such a fab afternoon.
We were told that Hellaby Hall had just hired a new Chef, so please near this review in mind when you read the older reviews below which may now be defunct due to this exciting change of staff.
Well done Hellaby Hall, you're on again up there with Aston Hall and the Sheffield restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Valhallababy
sebastian R, Manager at Hellaby Hall Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure that I read your review and I am delighted that you found our newly awarded rosette Carnelly restaurant up there with other hotels.
It is always great to see that my team’s efforts are being recognised by our guests and the AA, I will pass your kind words to the team.
My Team and I look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hellaby
Best Western Plus Aston Hall Hotel
Carlton Park Hotel
#8 of 15 in Rotherham
Best Western Premier Doncaster Mount Pleasant Hotel
Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels

Been to Hellaby Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!