“little break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldergrove
dublin
“little break”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the best little hotel, great room ,bar, breakfast. Comfy and cosy if you want to relax this is the place staff lovely and helpful.we went shopping in junction one the staff were very helpful printed out map and directions for us loads of shops and asda great selection for breakfast freshly cooked its right next to the airport so if you are flying off very handy its not near any shops so bring all your goodies with you you will not be dissapointed

Room Tip: we were in the main house it was lovely, some nice little touches added to the room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a business trip and loved it. Get to see loads of rooms and restaurants being on the road a lot and can honestly say I was very impressed with this hotel. Check in was very smooth and room 208 was very impressive. We ate in the restaurant and the food was absolutely quality fine food at its very best. Very impressed and would love to return.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank bagpuss24
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had family meal here on sunday.Lovely choice and price range ,staff excellent.
Nice environment and not rushed,Great for meal prior to travelling to Airport.Will definitely be back .Christmas menu looks fab

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was on sunday the 29th of september i was greated by a member of the management team who always had a smile on her face. And we were seated for our meal. My friend and I got the whole heap 3 courses i had the scalops and my friend had the chilli quid and the were amazing perfectly cooked and portions size was top notch and for mains my friend had the roast beef dinner which she said was cooked perfectly and i had the steak med rare which was also cooked perfect and wee both had the apple crumble for deser which was gerourgus to finish the meal off with. Service was excellent meals came out in steady flow. I would recommend the ballyrobin to every1 as its in a perfect location

• Stayed September 2013
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I travel over to Belfast on business on a regular basis flying into and out of International Airport. This restaurant is a little gem and when time allows I pop in for dinner before my flight as it is much better value and food quality than the airport. Never had a bad meal and have been there on at least 8 occasions. There is a TV with the flight departures on the reception which is great too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My WIfe and i called into THE BALLYROBIN on the way to the airport ,not to many people in so i said to my wife it should not take us long for a meal but i was wrong . we sat down at our table it took the girl 10 mins before she came to us ,i ordered a prawn salad and my wife took the chicken wrap ,by this time a man and his wife came in and sat down just like us they had to wait the lady had to go and find someone to take their order their meal came out before ours. then i went to see about our meals it was the worst service i every had and i said to them they offered no sympathy i was very unhappy about the service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Selwyn E
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I booked this hotel after looking at some reviews and expected it to meet its 3 star rating. I was offered a reduced price booking via late rooms of just £49 and thought this was an offer but in fact it's the price of its lower standard rooms above the restaurant. I knew that these rooms had no double glazing so this didn't bother me, what I wasn't aware of was that room 203 had a window next to the kitchen extractor fan so up until 23.15 and from 07.00 the fan was on and kept me awake most of this time. Not just the noise but the smell of cooking was not that pleasant (although I'm sure the food is lovely if your eating it!) The colleague on reception this morning asked me if everything was ok, so I took the opportunity to inform her it wasn't, yet she offered me no sympathy, just a mere 'that's the problem with having no double glazing in that room'. I am very unhappy with this response. I expect more from this standard of hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank KCW2
Selena H, Manager at Ballyrobin Country Lodge, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Ballyrobin and I am genuinely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in our traditional rooms. I would like to thank you for bringing to reception's attention your maintenance issues which have now been rectified.

I am sorry also that you felt on communication with our reception that your comments were not handled in the manner in which you felt they should have been, On communication with my staff I would like to assure you that our receptionist felt she had dealt with your feedback in a professional and courteous manner which I hope is maintained throughout all staffing levels within Ballyrobin.

Our original building is listed and has no insulation so road noise and kitchen noise (throughout service) unfortunately cannot be adjusted and I would like to inform you that our third party booking agents will be informed to update the information accordingly on websites.

Warmest Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldergrove
Maldron Hotel Belfast
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,277 reviews
Rosspark Hotel
Rosspark Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Ballyrobin Country Lodge? Share your experiences!