“Ride”

Donkey's Days Out
Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Vale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, energetic and informative bicycle tours of Guernsey, by an accredited tour guide. Explore Guernsey by bike - from leafy country lanes to sandy coastal paths, visiting historic sites whilst taking in Guernsey's beautiful scenery. Good for the environment and good for you too! If you don't have your own bike, then bike hire can be arranged.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My experience with Donkey’s Days Out was as such:

Initially I was to do a 2.5 hours morning bike ride, which turned into 2 days of splendid fun! Yes 2 days… that was about 15 hours of cycling. It was my first time in Guernsey and I don’t exercise at home at all – so don’t think that I’m an athlete! It was simply about having fun. I have completely fallen in love with the island and that has a lot to do with the amazing cycle tours I did with Caryn. Caryn is very knowledgeable about Guernsey, the history of it but also – I think because she was born and raised there— she knows the island like the back of her hand. She took me to magical places. She would always make sure we didn’t cycle on the main roads for too long but rather on quiet hidden paths. It was really easy to ride along, not pay attention to ‘are we turning left or right here?’ but just follow and enjoy. And there’s so much to enjoy! The southern part with Jerbourg Point and darling Moulin Huet Bay, lovely rural lanes among lush central parishes and the fabulous bays on the west coast.
I had come on my own so it was nice to share the experience with a companion like Caryn : she’s outgoing and flexible and just wanted me to have a good time so she’d slide in a tea break here and an ice-cream break there– also, she’ll talk about anything.
Hop on the bike, feel free and connected to nature, explore, stop somewhere gorgeous and feel happy. It’s priceless. Caryn was a great lead and I highly recommend her tours.

1  Thank Nathalievoyage