“Excellent food and value for money”

Ashburnham Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Pembrey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

All good. The staff are professional, yet warm and helpful. The smallest of comments we would make was that the bed, in our opinion, was not the most comfortable. It was very firm. That said, the facilities are good and a lovely place for a break as well!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visited the Ashburnum recently for a sunday lunch carvery which they offer on an all day service. We arrived at approx. 2.30 and ordered and paid for a carvery at the bar. When queued at the carvery for our meal however there was hardly any meat left, only a small piece of pork and some turkey slices. The server managed to cut a few slices for us each, but we pretty much had the scraps on our plates. The vegetables were all cold and had been standing for a long time, no fresh vegetables brought out. There was no apology for lack of meat, or any offer of a part refund, which would have been the courteous thing to do.

All in all a very disappointing carvery lunch, at a cost of £9 per person. Compared to many other restaurants offering a carvery on a sunday this was well overpriced and poor quality. We will not be going back - sorry!

2  Thank mandy_thomas
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My wife and I visited the Ashburnham Hotel on a dark Saturday night in January. We live locally but have not visited this hotel in years. We were welcomed by the friendly staff in the bar and took a seat near the window and radiator as it was a cold night. We were planning on three courses but could only manage two. The starters were standard pub grub, plentiful portions and tasty. The main courses were again plentiful and flavoursome. The food is not haute cuisine and it doesn't pretend to be - decent pub fayre by any standards. If that's what you want then the Ashburnham Hotel is ideal. I would definitely eat here again.

2  Thank prince_turhan
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We've been here quite a few times over the years and never had a bad meal. The meals are reasonably priced and have quite a good menu. My disappointment was that my meal was quite dry (salmon with laverbread and cockles) - the laverbread quite mushy. This could have been because there was a wedding going on at the time and the chef may well have been dealing with a number of other things. Think I'll phone next time to double check there's nothing else going on

1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We arrived with my wife's parents at around 2:15pm on Sunday, after having spotted the hotel/restaurant going west earlier in the day. There was a cluster of staff standing at just to the left of the entrance and i asked for a table for four. Was told it was a carvery and told via handpointing to sit in the dining rooms on the right. I ordered drinks at the bar and my in-laws purchased (in advance!!!) carvery vouchers for each of us. at the till right next to a carvery serving area. I took the drinks back to the table (about 15 foot away) and we proceeded to the servery (this is less than a minute after my in-laws had bought the tickerts there!) only to be told the servery was closing and that there was another the other side of the hotel.

I went round to it to see where it was, and it couldn't have been much further away from the original area!. Food was visible but nobody around to cut the meat. I told the rest of us where it was and said there were table round there, so we moved our bits and pieces and drinks round to a table there. Other tables were in use by other people, so just grabbed another table. Went back to this new servery as someone was actually there now. No sooner have I picked up a plate from the stack, I'm told by a very surly waitress that we can't eat in this room, even though others.
were.

The attitude of all the staff I had now dealt with up to this point had been downright poor, and unhelpful. Do they not know they are in a service industry and their customers are paying for service? Anyway, I told my in-laws who had now been served to just sit at the table we had chosen but myself and my wife had had enough and I called for a manager. I spoke to them in what appeared to be th hotel reception. I explained we had been mis-communicated to throughout the time in the premises. Unlike her staff she did listen and came out with the excuse that it was a staff chnagover period and therefore they used the other servery, and if i was unhappy I could have the money back. I said my in-laws were hungry and had been served already but I would take a refund for the two of us,

I can only agree and endorse a some of the other reviews here, and say the staff have a very bad attitude, and the little service we had was appaling.

To be fair and totally review, my in-laws said the food was good, albeit £9 for a Sunday carvery is expensive in this part of the world for a single main course.

I for one would not go near the place again, and warn others off.

A message to the manager... something I didn't mention was there staff need to be interacting with customers and not huddling round a till area having a good old chat and laugh. If you are paying them, get them to do something and be helpful to clientele.

2  Thank MrLlanmartin