“Dog Heaven - Wish I Lived Closer”

Pembrey Country Park
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Pembrey
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I took my new rescue staffie down here today in the glorious sunshine. I live in Carmarthen so it was a 25 minute drive but well worth it.
Pembrey is amazing - huge dog-friendly beach, acres and acres of forest and sand dunes to explore. Met lots of other dog owners and the dogs all had a great play together.
There are easy access tracks all over the place suitable for kids bikes and wheelchairs, as well as rougher gravel/stone tracks and sand tracks. Sand on the beach is firm enough for a mobility scooter or push chair.
Lots of parking (including just outside the park, so you can save yourself the parking charge if you don't mind walking a bit further to get to the beach/woods). There are lots of picnic benches, and a cafe in the summer.

There are newer reviews for Pembrey Country Park

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I moved to the local area last summer and visited the park for the first time this november. I was shocked at how beautiful it was I went with my two year old son and my lab we walked on the beach visited the park and when it began to rain we headed for the nearest shelter (the ski slope) I was planning on tieing up my dog outside and going in for a quick coffee but as I walked in the lovely lady informed me that dogs are welcome inside as long as there well behaved. So in came the dog. The place was very clean and the member of staff in was lovely it was nice to sit down and have a nice coffee however the big fridge full of fresh homemade cakes was a bit of a disappointment because it ruined my diet! They are delicious! Before leaving the park I went for food over in the restraunt where again the staff were very friendly and let the dog inside he was very happy when he had a doggy biscuit off them. And again the restraunt was spotless. The food was delicious and my son very much enjoyed playing with the Winnie pooh activity table they have there. The staff were very helpful with local knowledge and told me about all the local ledgends. Altogether it was a great day out and cheap too. I have been back at least once a week since and I'm planning on getting a season ticket next year! There's so much to do there expecially for the kids! since going back I've managed to try the skiing and had a lesson which was great fun and I've taken the baby on the toboggan many times and he loves it! I recently found out that bothe the ski slope and restraunt do party's so I have booked for my sons birthday party to be had in the restraunt ... Can't wait!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

While on a New Year break in Pembrey village, we picked up a leaflet advertising the Country Park a short distance away. Our first visit coincided with awful weather but undeterred, had a long walk on a deserted beach and a good look at some of the other features. Then went back when the sun came out two days later and stayed for most of the day.Lots of space and lots to do for all the family .As well as the beach and forest paths to explore either on foot or on bikes, there are facilities for dry skiing, crazy & mini golf, horse riding and a little railway. So if you are an outdoor loving family, this is well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been to Pembrey Country Park a few times. The beach is breathtaking and there are lots of different things to do to keep all the family occupied. This time around I went horse riding at the Pembrey Park Riding Centre through a Groupon deal. I have been riding on/off for the last 14 years but have never been to this riding centre. The staff and other riders were so friendly and I felt like I was in good hands. We went on a hack and it was one of the best rides I've ever been on! The surrounding area obviously sells itself, as it is a beautiful place, but the instructor (Jo) was superb. After assessing our ability she took us down a jumping track and for a gallop through the woodland. It was so exhilarating; I can't wait to go on one of the beach rides! My partner also had a lesson, but as a beginner he went with a different group; he also enjoyed. After our lessons we walked from the riding centre to the beach comparing experiences. We were really lucky as it was a lovely sunny day – the park may not be the place to come when bucketing down with rain. We also went and looked at the dry ski slope for next time - this also looks like quite good fun!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a stunning place to visit in both Summer or Winter. The place has so much to offer and has so much history. It has many car parks and choice of walks. It's fantastic for walkers, picnics, family days out and even has a caravan park on site. The Slope cafe however really let the place down. Considering on our visit my husband and I were the only ones in there the place was very dirty. Food and crumbs on the empty tables and floor and loud banter can be heard from the people working in the shop next door, one guy was recalling a story and was swearing. My toasted sandwich had burned food stuck to the bottom from a previous customer. I was stunned to find they had a 5 on a hygiene certificate.
I don't want to put that unpleasant experience off me visiting the park again so I will be taking a picnic next time.

1  Thank Liane W