“Massive house, well suited for large groups...”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Ship Inn

Bedroom 7
Bedroom 8
Bedroom 9
Bedroom 10
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sarah G
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Massive house, well suited for large groups, excellent value for money!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Just back from an amazing weekend here to celebrate my 40th. There were 35 of us in total with ages ranging from 15 months to 68! 11 families and 2 dogs! Excellent venue for socialising. We really didn't do very much but eat, drink, chill out, kick back and relax. I've booked many properties for large groups over the years and you won't get a better space for this price! We'd defo visit again!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Really well thought out space, perfect for a large group. Excellent value for money!
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
May 14, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and it would be a delight to welcome you back!
gtbarry19...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed at the Ship Inn for my stag do, I'm sure my best man will also be commenting in the coming days.

There was a group of 20+ and plenty of space so it never felt over crowded. All bedrooms and bathrooms were clean and finished to a great standard. The kitchen has 2 dishwashers, 2 fridge/freezers, large range cooker and everything you'd need to prepare a feast....and to keep the beer cold!

The projector and pool table just added to what was already an amazing place. Watched the football on the large screen, like being in a cinema.

I couldnt recommend this place anymore highly. Not only for stags, but we all agreed it'd be a great place for family reunions, couples etc. A truely special place.

Thanks so much for letting us use this for my last weekend of freedom!

Mar 7, 2014
Hey John,
Judging by the number of bottles outside you were sent off in good style! Glad 'The Ship' played its small part in your 'send off' and good luck in your married life!
dirtyhuma...
England
“Fabulous week with our friends”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the Ship Inn from Monday - Friday during the February half term (we travelled up from the South) There were eight families in total (14 adults, 13 children and 1 dog) ages ranging from 8 months - 33 years. All of the children aside from the infants were in the dorm room which they were so pleased with! And there was a room for us all with a few spare. We all sat and ate comfortably together in the kitchen and cooking was easy especially when you have two dishwashers to aid with the clearing up!

The place is enormous over the three floors and we never felt on top of each other, in fact it was hard to believe that 27 of us were staying there! It maintains a warm, homely feel and is exactly that. It was my first experience of renting a 'cottage' and I was so pleased - I'm fussy too! There were a few things that were a bit quirky and could perhaps be changed but it added to the fun of our adventure (namely the cellar room door in room 1 - it doesn't close up properly which I found a bit creepy! The door you use to come into the building doesn't have a handle so someone has to follow you out to the door if you want to leave but not take the keys and some of the door handles downstairs are backwards! That's just being picky but as I say simply became part of our adventure!)

The cleaners did a marvelous job of getting the place turned around on the Monday and the house was immaculate. We all had a great nights sleep and the bed linen is all good quality cotton and feather duvets :0)

I booked through Sykes cottages and their description missed out a few vital bits of info - there was a travel cot and three highchairs! We ended up taking our own as they failed to let me know this information as 'it wasn't listed in the description on their website' The owner however is very helpful and approachable and I'm sure if you had any questions before you go he wouldn't mind you dropping him a text.

We all loved the whole place, the pool table, the projector, the kitchen and the dorm! It was perfect for chilling out and for having a party. The whole converted pub atmosphere is original and the fact that it can house so many makes it even better. The pub is located on the main road which didn't bother any of us, it did used to be a pub afterall.

The location is great for Llandudno, the Zoo and the national park. We were slightly disappointed in the amount of left doggy doo doo down at Colwyn Bay but we just walked our dog elsewhere. There are lots of shops right on the doorstep - Coop and Aldi in walking distance and Llandudno has a huge Asda.

Fantastic place for a BIG celebration! Home from home; I'd definitely go back if we got another chance too :0)

Traveling group: Friends
Feb 27, 2014
Hi Sandra, thrilled you had a great time and thanks for posting such a positive response! I hope we do indeed get the chance to welcome you back in the future!
Rich S
London, United Kingdom
“Ultimate Party Pad!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I stayed at the Ship Inn for my stag weekend, was blown away by the size of the place! Everybody had an amazing time, plenty of space for everyone to sleep (there were 30 of us). Place was nice and tidy, plus all mod-cons. Colwyn Bay was a real blast too, as was the local town with the castle (pub crawl). Nice taking hangover-recovery trips to the beach too. Pool table, massive projector screen (really is massive), table football, plus huge fridges for drinks kept us amused and happy all weekend. Bedrooms are great too. Would highly recommend!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Feb 27, 2014
Nice work Rich and best of luck with Married Life! Mark
Donna R
York, United Kingdom
“Brilliant weekend”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

We just came back from a long weekend at The Ship inn, there were 32 of us all ages celebrating my 60th Birthday, WOW!!! What can I say the house is lovely, so big, The kids just loved the Dormitory, The pool table was loved by everyone, we partied for 3 nights having taking a box of wigs and fancy dress outfits had such a laugh, my feet ache from all the dancing, The cinema screen was amazing , The massive kitchen was great, me and my sister cooked Sunday dinner for everyone, was great having all my family sat together what a treat, Plenty of parking, There was a bookies over the road, had lovely Saturday afternoon, so funny some of the ladies had never been in a bookies before going backwards and forwards placing bets, was such fun watching the races on the big screen in the lounge do the cheers when someone won. the house is very spacious, clean with plenty of bedding, Towels, Cooking utensils etc. close to all amenities, shops, beach,take always, we ordered a Big delivery from asda to be delivered directly to the house to save taking it with us, That came on time which was great. We will definitely be returning as nobody wanted to leave, Thank you to mark for giving me the opportunity to get all my lovely family together....
See you soon

Feb 20, 2014
Thank you Sheila for your kind words and I am thrilled you and your lovely family used the time so wisely (at the bookies!) and had a great bonding experience! You woud be more than welcome back any time you wish (or you could try the new one we are currently refurbing down the road in Penmaenmawr! Look forward to speaking again. mark
Lottie J
Warrington, United Kingdom
“AMAZING! Fabulous time had be all, couldnt reccomend it more!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

What can I say about our long weekend at the 'Ship' apart from Fabulous! We were there celebrating my mums 60th birthday and the Ship was beyond anything we could have asked for! Firstly, its HUGE! and there was more than enough space for our group. Great space downstairs to party for a special occasion as well as very comfy sofas to relax on the day after! The bedrooms are huge and very comfy, and plenty of bedding to go round! Mark was great on the lead up to our trip answering any questions I had as well as when we were there too! the kitchen is fully stocked for all your needs and both fridges came in handy for food and drink! Thanks again Mark, we will be back!

Feb 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, they are appreciated!
sarahscho...
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fab time had by all!!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

The ship is an excellent house for a large group get together. It is extremely well equipped and had everything we could have wish for. There was 30 of us for my 50th birthday of varying ages from 16 months to 70 years and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We would definitely recommend this brilliant house to anybody and would love to go back there in the future!!! Thank you very much Mark.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Jan 31, 2014
Thank you very much for those kind words. There is much work goes on behind the scenes and it is hearing that it makes a difference to special occasions in peoples lives that make it all worth while. Hope to see you all again in the future. Mark
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing