“Dog friendly B&B. Fantastic value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glencairn House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morar
Glencairn House
Ranked #1 of 10 Morar B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Dog friendly B&B. Fantastic value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Lovely house with a nice welcome - coffee/tea, shortbread and cake and doggy treats for our pet Misty. We enjoyed the nice relaxed atmosphere and the great attention to detail - beautiful tableware, selection of homemade jams, optional nightcap before retiring to bed, vast selection of breakfast items to choose from. Fantastic value for money. Don't know how they manage it. Very scenic location. Just five minutes drive to the white sandy beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Patrica G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
wigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I and our black lab Nellie stayed for one night at glencairn house as part of our summer highlands holiday we had previously stayed in there static caravan and were so impressed that we decided it make a return visit the b and b is superb a lovely communal lounge with a tv and plenty books. Our room was just off the lounge and was great a really nice size with a fantastic shower and really nice furniture. There is a lovely patio area to sit out and watch the wildlife or just chill out there was no tv in our room wich was fine for us the. Breakfast was eaten at a large kitchen table wich was great for getting to know the other guests real nice touch. The cooked breakfast was delicious there was also a selection of cereals and a continental option aswell as juices tea and coffee the owners are great hosts and very very dog friendly having two Bernese mountain dogs themselves Nellie was treated to a treat bag full of dog biscuits and whew we're treated to lemon cake and shortbreads on arrival plus tea and coffee your dog is encouraged to be off the lead in the house and allowed to explore there surroundings as long as other guest don't object Ruth and Gary are great and make you feel totally at home in there property.
I cant recommend this place highly enough and we will definately return at some point for a longer stay

Room Tip: The upstairs room has its own private balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Besancon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

A wonderful stay, you immediately feel welcome with a cup of tea and cakes on arrival.. There were even dog-biscuits in the room for my dog. The bedroom is comfortable and the house well situated. Everything is done to make you feel at home. I'll certainly come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We came down here for a wedding, booking our stay by chance and were overwhelmed by the owners Gary and Ruth's generosity. Very clean beautiful rooms, tasty tea and homemade cake and cooked breakfasts, peaceful, amazing scenery, peacocks and dogs roaming around, excellent chatty hosts. It was bliss! Couldn't have chosen better! Million times better than camping in the rain!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Frodsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here last week whilst touring the area and were made to feel very welcome. After a long and rather arduous drive through torrential rain we were greeted with a smile from Ruth and Gary and immediately felt at home. We were offered hot drinks with freshly made cakes and short bread (gorgeous) and spent a delightful evening in the lounge in front a real fire. Wonderful setting, close to fantastic beaches, lots of places to eat out nearby plus a wonderful 9 hole golf course just down the road. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Being a coach driver I stay in many B&B's but not often do I feel compelled to write a review. However, after my stay at The Glencairn I just had to take the time. The day I stayed had turned out to be a bit of a nightmare for me which meant I was severely delayed. I was supposed to arrive before 8pm but didn't arrive until about 11pm. Gary I have to say is an absolute legend, he stayed up long after his bed time to greet me, and after hearing about my day promptly made me a cup of tea. Not just any cup of tea but, real tea made in a tea pot, with a cup and saucer and accompanied by a piece of his home made shortbread. You have no idea how welcome this was, Gary, I cant thank you enough - small gesture but hugely appreciated.
So, the accommodation. First thing I noticed was that it was spotlessly clean. It appears to be either newly built or newly refurbished, either way it it is very modern and stylish, like one of those show houses they use to market properties. There is very spacious lounge area with contemporary decor which leads out to a raised patio, where I had breakfast in the sunshine the next morning. Breakfast was brill too, I had the Scottish cooked breakfast but there was loads of freshly cut fruit and cereals too. My bed room was also spotless with a very comfy bed and quality bedding. En-suite bathroom was huge with both a bath or a shower to choose from and an array of wee soaps and shampoos to use, Oh and as usual I forgot my tooth paste but saved again with a wee travel tube of Colgate. The area around, Morar Sands, is absolutely stunning with miles of fine white sandy beaches & turquoise waters and no one in sight except the odd sheep, very tranquil. I've attached a photo of the sunset over The Isles of Skye, Rum & Eigg that greeted me as I arrived. Cant recommend this place highly enough and Gary is a living legend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Myself and my partner return to Morar and Glencairn on an annual basis, firstly because we love the area and secondly because we love the B&B. Both are tranquil and feel like a home away from home for us.

Every time we visit Glencairn we get a warm welcome from Gary and are greeted by tea/coffee and cake and that really sets the tone for the rest of the stay. Always happy to help with local restaurant suggestions, walks, cycles etc. Breakfasts are brilliant, I'd recommend the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, and the place is always spotless as well as being very well decorated.

Since our last stay Glencairn had been renovated and now has a really large guest living area and outdoor seating area with a great view, which was ideal with the nice weather, just wish I had remembered my factor.

Highly recommend Glencairn and Morar.

Room Tip: The room upstairs with the balcony has a great view, our favourite room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morar
West Highland Hotel
#1 of 1 in Morar
Old Library Lodge And Restaurant
Hotel Eilean Iarmain
GlenanCross GuestHouse

Been to Glencairn House? Share your experiences!