“Love this place, love the people...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aultbea
Tranquility Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Aultbea B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2013

What really gracious hosts!! Phil is a wealth of local knowledge and helped us (I'm a photographer) find the places we were interested in seeing. And there is no end to service!! Here's an example: We were four days further along in our Scotland trip when our (then) B&B host said that she had received a call from Pauline saying that she was sending a pair of reading glasses that we had left at Pauline's B&B. We had only mentioned that we were going to be in the specific town. Apparently, Pauline called all the B&Bs in that town until she found us.

I wish there were a rating greater than "Excellent"!

Here's a hint: When you are going down the road through Mellon Charles, follow Phil's directions (about the little shed by the roadway) to the letter. You can miss their drive if you don't!

John

Room Tip: The room on the south side of the house (top of the stairs to your left) has the best view of the so...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelnutGeorgiaUSA

Reviewed August 1, 2013

...if you're looking for a place to get away from it all and find some rest and tranquility, this is about as close as you'll get. In the most positive sense of meaning.

Pauline and Phil are simply superb hosts who really know how to make their visitors feel at home and welcome every time.

Being returning guests we can only say that the room was yet again spotless, the homemade sandwiches yet again delicious, the breakfast one more time ample and a good start into another long day of touring and the packed lunch just again rounded it off ever so nicely.

Only "let-down": For the second time in a row we did not get to see the promised sunset. In other words we just created us a reason to return again next time around (as if we had needed one...).

On a final side note: Anyone claiming this B&B is difficult to find should maybe go and see his/her local optician or update his/her SatNav. Mellon Charles is clearly signposted on the main road and if you follow the (single track) road leading there at a reasonable speed it is really hard to miss the sign for the B&B.

And/or you might consider looking at the rather acurate description on their homepage. Helped us a lot to find the B&B in no time the first time around.

Just suggesting though...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank TheOldBoy
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pauline & Phil are such welcoming hosts and made our stay so special.
Our "Autumn" room was well presented and had views up and down Loch Ewe.
Their attention to detail is brilliant, and nothing is too much trouble,however be warned you will want to go back!!
We found it easy to find:If you've not been before,follow signs to Mellon Charles,and look out for Tranquility,Number 21 sign,on left hand side of village,if you get to the Perfume Centre- you've gone too far!
Thanks so much....we'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Pauline and Phil were so kind and helpful,a fountain of local knowledge and advice on where to vist. The smoked salmon packed lunch and homemade cake was so delicious I had it every day and so did my 2 friends they raved about the salmon and ginger cake. What a treat to open your bedroom window onto the Isle of Ewe sitting in the middle of Loch Ewe and watch the sunrise and set,while choosing a different beverage every night and morning. Massive cooked breakfasts but I love porrige too much and this was special slow-cooked with home made yoghurt and fruit. Lovely bright comfortable room,with immaculate bathroom especially liked the towel dressing gown and hairdryer nice touch,plenty of storage space and reading material not just guide books but local history and whats on and local news and businesses,from the nearest ceildh to the next whale watching trip,so much to do and see have to come back soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Not easy to find, even with satnav, only a small point but maybe could do with a clearer name sign. Other than that, faultless :) Lovely room, outstanding view and excellent breakfast. Choice of beverages in room was superb and lovely touch of home-made cakes ( delicious) Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ickyacky
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent two nights at Tranquility and loved every minute of our stay. The room was excellent value for money with amazing views of the loch. Phil and Pauline were extremely welcoming hosts, providing us with an impressive choice of homemade food as well as an extensive knowledge of the area with guide books available to borrow. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I loved my time in Mellon Charles and at Tranquility so much from my visit 2010, I came back for a second round in 2012. Drove up from Edinburgh on a Sunday and had a great dinner awaiting me when I arrived. I stayed two nights, went to Lewis for two nights and stayed one more night at Tranquility. Pauline allowed me to keep some of my belongings in my room, since it hadnt been booked and graciously attended to some of my laundry on my third night.

Breakfast was immaculate, filling and fresh.

Mellon Charles makes a good home base to drive around the area and explore. Catch the sunsets down the road on the wooden bench atop a hill above the perfume shop. They cant be beat.

Will I be back again? You bet.

Tranquility is more than just the name, it's a way of life here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cbl131

Been to Tranquility Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!