“Warm welcome , wonderful homemade food and spectacular location.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aultbea
Tranquility Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Aultbea B&B and Inns
“Warm welcome , wonderful homemade food and spectacular location.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent two nights at Tranquility and loved every minute of our stay. The room was excellent value for money with amazing views of the loch. Phil and Pauline were extremely welcoming hosts, providing us with an impressive choice of homemade food as well as an extensive knowledge of the area with guide books available to borrow. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
St. George, Utah
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I loved my time in Mellon Charles and at Tranquility so much from my visit 2010, I came back for a second round in 2012. Drove up from Edinburgh on a Sunday and had a great dinner awaiting me when I arrived. I stayed two nights, went to Lewis for two nights and stayed one more night at Tranquility. Pauline allowed me to keep some of my belongings in my room, since it hadnt been booked and graciously attended to some of my laundry on my third night.

Breakfast was immaculate, filling and fresh.

Mellon Charles makes a good home base to drive around the area and explore. Catch the sunsets down the road on the wooden bench atop a hill above the perfume shop. They cant be beat.

Will I be back again? You bet.

Tranquility is more than just the name, it's a way of life here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cbl131
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Coming to the Highlands of Scotland, especially to this corner called Wester Ross, is always an experience quite very much worth doing.
So is Tranquility.
Nowhere in this area You'll find an accommodation better than this one.
I know, it always depends on personal tastes, but as long as what You are looking for in your holiday is precisely what they say in their web site, then, You won't absolutely be disappointed.
I can definitely assure You.
This is the third time i stay in this b&b, and the air, the views, the feelings You get here are comparable to no other in this part of Scotland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SeaEagle82
west midlands
Reviewed July 6, 2012

the place is a credit to them both ive stayed here many times & always enjoyed it phil & pauline are very nice & friendly & the place is spotless the rooms 10 out of 10 for how clean they are kept ive stayed in lots of places over the years & this b&b is 1 of the cleanest ive stayed in the beds are very comfy the views are great & the breakfast is spot on

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dowdy_p
Mandurah and Peel Region, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were researching our family tree. Pauline was very helpful in providing any information that she could. She and Phil made us feel very welcome and at home. The view from our spacious bedroom looked right across Loch Ewe and the only sounds were those of seagulls and sheep. Breakfast was substantial and tasty with lots of homemade jams and spreads to go with the homemade bread and yoghurt. YUM! Highly recommend to anyone wanting a peaceful retreat. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elaine G
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Used to camp near the beach at Mellon Udrigle back in the seventies but, revisiting this time, looked for an equally stunning situation closeby and found it with Phil and Pauline - as perfect a location but with the added luxury of comfort, good food and straightforward friendly hosts (and no midges!). Can do no other than recommend Tranquility B&B as an ideal base from which to enjoy the wonder of Wester Ross - it's truly a winner!

Room Tip: View from upstairs are stunning.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Fife
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Hadn't realised this was top rated B+B in the area as didn't check pre-booking (not like me!) but doesn't surprise me that it is. Stayed for 1 night while travelling north and wish it had been longer. You just don't usually get this level of service or comfort - especially not in Scotland. It felt more like I was staying with a relative.

Scrupulously clean and comfortable room. Even provided extra blankets and a dressing gown. Flat screen TV. Tea and coffee - but with fresh milk and home baking provided. Utterly quiet and peaceful and with views to die for right outside the window. Slept like the proverbial. And breakfast - home made oatcakes, home made jams, and a wide choice. I honestly felt like I used to years ago when I went home to mum and she just cossetted me. Will definitely stay again any time am in the area. These hosts are stars - and I thank them for a wonderful start to my holiday.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank meg_m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aultbea
Aultbea Hotel
Gairloch Highland Lodge
Gairloch Highland Lodge
#3 of 5 in Gairloch
The Summer Isles Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Tranquility Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!