Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel
$62
PremierInn.com
Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
$58
$55
Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
$78
Orbitz.com
$123
$111
Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel(Ledsham)(Great Value!)
$65
$84
$70
$105
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks(Ellesmere Port)
Orbitz.com
$62
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo nightssandwichswimming poolsteam room and saunanight breakevening mealbreakfast was buffet stylegreat value for moneyshort breakpark and ridereception staffnorth walestea and coffeelovely weekendfood was lovelydouble room
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Saw the "All Inclusive" deal on the internet but made the recervation by phone. The booking was very straightforward and the receptionist was very helpful and informative describing the deal fully. On arrival at the Hotel we were upgraded at no extra cost to an executive room. The room was average size, clean with a huge Super-King size bed and large flat screen TV on the wall. Slight negatives were that there is not much storage space for clothes, i.e. the hanging space was simplay a rail behind the door and there was no cupboard storage at all for folded clothes. Also the shower had very little pressure and it was a lengthy process rinsing off the shampoo! the leisure facilities were OK and we made use the swimming pool, steam room & sauna. we gave the gym a miss but it was very well equipped. The food was of a high standard and the restaurant staff were spot on, extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble. A fire evacuation at night with two fire engines attending added to the excitement (thankfully before bedtime) and the hotel giving everyone a drink on the house when we were allowed back in to help apologise for the inconvenience (not a fire in the end, just a small electical fault which had created enough smoke to set off the alarms). All in all a good experience, and at £178 for both of us for two nights all inclusive, a good deal to boot!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We booked a two night 'all inclusive' package through the Hotelshop website. This included B&B, one-course lunch, two course evening meal, coffee and tea in the bar all day, early check in and subject to availability a late check out. Not only that wine, beer and draught soft drinks were included from 7pm to 11pm. A massive saving on the non package rates. Without drinking a lot we saved at least £80.

The hotel was very good and every member of staff we met was happy and helpful. Matthew in the restaurant stood out as the best member of staff for attentiveness but there was nothing wrong with the others.

The hotel be described as a modern pristine hotel but it was clean, tidy and provided excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 187045Johnnyk
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We stayed over a weekend to visit Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks shopping centre and Chester and the hotel really is ideally situated for all these - less than 10 minutes drive to the zoo. On check in, the staff (a man and a woman) were really friendly, engaging and made us feel welcome. Our room was located on the ground floor, on the corridor leading to the gym and pool. Other reviews have mentioned a smell down this corridor but neither me or my partner smelt anything out of the ordinary - just a normal hotel corridor!
We liked the gym and the pool, everything was clean and the jugs of water with cups were an added bonus so we didn't have to take our own drinks. The pool was clean, warm and not too busy.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night and it was lovely. Portions were a good size and the young girl who looked after us that night and the next morning for breakfast was really friendly.
Breakfast was good however the coffee was a little weak and I personally would have liked some pastries like croissants.
The room was ever so comfortable (room 111) - I would probably request this room again next time we stay. Just a few irritations - the telephone was completely dead so to order room service I had to walk back to reception then back again. Then when I got back I found that a internet login was needed so I had to trek back to reception again to get that!! There wasn't a view from the window and we had a little bit of disco noise on both nights. But on the plus side, the bed and bathroom were spotlessly clean and large, the bed was mega comfy and the tv had all the freeview channels.
We will definitely return as the hotel has everything we need for a break away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love_animals66
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I stayed here for one night with my 13 year old son. We were away on a short break to cheer us up after a family bereavement. We were there to visit Chester Zoo and Cheshire Oaks. The reviews we read about the hotel were mixed but we booked anyway and were so glad we did. We were in one of the refurbished rooms and it was modern and comfortable with everything we could need. The room and bathroom were tidy, clean, modern and very nice. We both used the pool which although small was lovely and warm and very clean and we enjoyed it very much. I also used the gym which despite being small had good equipment and I felt much better after my workout. We ate in the restaurant and the food was good as was breakfast in the morning. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and we couldn't have asked for more. Thank you to everyone for making our short stay so lovely. The location was good both for the zoo and the shopping centre and we would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank viccazwilk
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Checked in with a group of app 70 pax, my wife and I had friends in the area and checked with the management that we could eat seperate and off the main menu and we would pay for any differences.
Went to bar for pre dinner drink and was told I needed registration card to charge to our room, as we hadn't been given one the bar man refused to serve us asking for a credit card, when I gave him my credit card told me to take it to reception, who then insisted taking a pre authorization for a set amount, saying that it was hotel policy , asked for manager and all we got was a arrogant and aggressive person who insisted that I pay for all prior to receiving it. We left with our friends and had a fantastic dinner and very pleasant service in the wonderful Wheatsheaf pub in Raby Wirral.
On checking out the very rude and abrasive staff insisted that it was normal policy in the hotels, NOT in any I have stayed all over the world and I am in my 60's.
Appalling , outrageous, and extremely arrogant I have never been accused of been a thief before and am well aware that it is a criminal offense to consume food & beverage without paying for it . They then took an elderly man and his wife off the bus claiming that he had not paid for his bottle of wine and only by the luck of God he had paid for it with a €20 note which they found in the till, once again no apology.
It is management & staff like this that is doing so much damage to the hotel industry and perhaps to should change jobs to Sumo wrestlers or some such appropriate work

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank mylesfromdub
gm-woodhey, Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

I was very sorry to hear that this guest felt that he had been treated badly by my team members at the Woodhey House Hotel.

We do care about what matters to our guests and I am concerned that our guest felt that he had been subjected to a serious accusation of theft. Off duty, but in close proximity to our reception desk I witnessed the conversation. My team members only spoke politely and professionally to this gentleman and only tried to confirm our company policy for taking pre-authorisation for extra's purchased on room accounts. At no time was any type of accusation made to this gentleman.

If indeed I had heard my staff being rude to a guest I would have intervened immediately.
In reference to pre-authorisation for credit accounts to rooms, this is a common procedure implemented by most hotel companies in this country.

I am sorry that we were deemed unprofessional and rude in this situation. If we make mistakes in our hotel we endeavour to correct them, but we will also apply our right to respond if we feel that comments made on a public website misinterpret a situation and which could have a negative impact on other individuals' views of this hotels and our service standards.