Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel
$68
PremierInn.com
Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
$60
  • Restaurant
$88
$79
$50
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel(Bromborough)(Great Value!)
$40
Travelodge
    All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo nightssandwichswimming poolsteam room and saunanight breakevening mealbreakfast was buffet stylegreat value for moneyshort breakpark and ridereception staffnorth walestea and coffeelovely weekendfood was lovelydouble room
    Reviewed July 26, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at the Woodhey House Hotel. The hotel is quite a walk away from Little Sutton station on a hot day but well worth it. The staff were the most helpful I have ever come across. The manager was happy to change the room on request and all the staff were very professional. Food at the hotel is excellent and the bar area is very relaxing. The pool area, sauna and steam room were clean and well kept. It is in a nice quiet location within easy reach of Chester by taxi if you don't want to bother with the train. Definitely recommend this hotel if you don't want to stay in the city centre and the all-inclusive offer is well worth it.

Room Tip: Executive rooms have advantage of king size bed and are comfortable.
    • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
    gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your review, the team here at the hotel always strive to go that extra mile and enhance the guest experience so when I read reviews such as yours, I know that all the effort is worthwhile.

I will of course pass on your thanks to the team and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights, despite having read awful reviews - obviously the reviewers were just moaners and must have stayed at a different hotel!!!!!! Staff very helpful and friendly, room clean and comfy, bathroom clean, breakfast - no complaints. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others. Enjoyed swim in good size pool before breakfast and late afternoon.

Room Tip: Hotel in middle of refurbishment so some rooms and other areas need upgrading but still good value and clean.
    1  Thank JCWRochdale
    gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I would just like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your most kind comments about the Mercure Chester North and our team, all of which I have passed on and commended the staff. I have to say it is always wonderful to receive such pleasing feedback as positive comments always travel slower than negative ones.

I do hope that you will visit again and we assure you of a warm welcome and enjoyable stay

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while house hunting. Found the bed really comfortable, hair dryer, ironing facilities, trouser press, tea and coffee all in the room. My only criticism was room 204`s bath, the bath panel was very dirty and didnt inspire me to have a shower.
    The room itself was very spacious.
    We enjoyed the food we had steaks and they were cooked to perfection, the staff were very attentive and pleasant.
    Would stay again though.

Room Tip: Hotel has a spacious bar and very comfortable pleasant surroundings.
    • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review in relation to youur recent visit to the Mercure Chester North, I have taken on board your comments in relation to the bath panel and shared this with our housekeeping team who have taken the necessary steps to ensure that all our rooms are kept to the highest standards.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distant future

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a night last month when my dog had an appointment in the Liverpool small animal hospital. The hotel is comfy and very close to Chester Oaks and other attractions. My dog Jac just walked straight in and stayed for an extra £10. The room had all the amenities required but had no view, it felt very much more for business than leisure and it was situated off a main road. The breakfast was nice and bar food ok, although this was limited to cold snacks when we arrived. The only problem we had was the noise made by American students who seemed to enjoy running up and down the corridors until the early hours of the morning. It would have been nice if a member of staff had tried to stop this.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your reveiw, I notice that overall your were satisfied with your stay here at the Mercure Chester North however you were troubled by noise from fellow guests at the hotel and for this I would like to personally apologise. We do try and control all noise in the hotel as best we can however it would seem on this occasion we failed.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here for almost a month whilst working at a placement locally. I found the check-in quick and easy, and Shelly on the desk was really friendly and helpful, despite me being a little picky about which room I wanted. Some of the rooms were refurbished, some were not. The refurbished rooms had lovely bathrooms, and comfortable bedrooms which were fresher and more modernised than the rooms which weren't refurbished. Ideally the whole hotel could do with a bit of modernisation, instead of just a few rooms.
    The hotel offers use of its pool and gym to all of its guests, as well as local members. They are fairly small, and the locker rooms are very dated, but overall they made a nice addition to the stay. The pool isn't attended by a lifeguard but is monitored by CCTV on reception.
    There is a free WiFi service available to all guests, but I found the connection to be quite weak in my room, and the internet was consistently very slow. There was an instance where the internet was switched off completely with no notice, which caused me to lose some important work, and I received no apology when I called the desk, I was just informed that the manager had restarted the router.
    The breakfast service was excellent, and the slightly older gentleman who serves it was so lovely (sorry I didn't catch his name). The food however, was just ok. They would cook things to order and make everything to your liking, however most of the hot food on the buffet wasn't of great quality. There is definitely something for everyone though, and the daily newspapers available in the bar are a lovely addition to breakfast.
    I was staying under their "Dinner, Bed & Breakfast" tariff, so I was entitled to a meal in the restaurant every evening (Between 6pm and 9pm) however, I was informed that I could also used my allowance (£20) in the bar, and order food to eat in there. As I was staying alone, most nights I would eat in my room. To avoid the £5 room service fee, you can call up reception and put an order through, and ask to collect the food in the bar and bring it up to your room yourself, then leave the tray outside for the night porter. The service in the restaurant was very formal, so after my first night I decided to either eat in the bar, or collect my food and eat it in the room.
    My room was kept mostly clean by the housekeeping staff, however they rarely changed the bedding (unless I asked) and I don't think they hoovered once during my stay. The bath was sometimes left uncleaned too, however the standard of the room when I first checked in was good, and the rest of the hotel wasn't too bad.
    The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the noise level was typically quite low, except for a couple of nights where music was blasting from one of the neighbouring houses throughout the night, but that wasn't the hotels fault. As my room was on the top floor, overlooking the roof of the kitchen, I could hear the extractor fan being turned on very early every morning, and in the evening, however it wasn't a huge problem for me, I imagine it could be for a very light sleeper.
    Overall, I had a pleasant stay, which was made better by some lovely members of staff. I just think that parts of the hotel could do with updating, and could be a little cleaner. Also, the room key cards can't be kept in purses, near keys, phones or cars, as this affects the magnetic strip, and sometimes stops them from working. This got really annoying during my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room, they're much nicer.
    • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
    1  Thank Chelsea1703

Thank you for your comments following your recent experience with us recently. I am pleased that the team looked after you whilst you were here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon