Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel
$70
PremierInn.com
Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
$61
Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
$82
$106
Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel(Ledsham)(Great Value!)
$79
PremierInn.com
$101
$84
$131
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks(Ellesmere Port)
$86
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsleisure facilitiestwo nightssandwichswimming poolsteam room and saunanight breakevening mealbreakfast was buffet stylegreat value for moneyshort breakpark and ridereception staffnorth walestea and coffeelovely weekendfood was lovelydouble room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We chose this hotel for its positon between Chester and Liverpool, intending to use it as a base for visiting both cities. On arrival we were greeted by 2 very friendly receptionists and were very speedily checked in. The room was spacious and very clean with tea/coffee making facilities, wide screen TV and good sized bathroom.

After a walk into the village - about 20 minutes we decided to have our evening meal in the bar. This was the only let-down of the stay. On entering the bar area we asked if food was being served, the more senior of the 2 girls behind the bar very abruptly said "there's menus on the tables". Having made our selection we attempted to order. We had been advised at Reception that we could either "pay as you go" or charge to our room and ordered our meal and attempted to pay in cash. The young lady behiond the bar, who by now was on her own, did not seem to have any idea how to deal with this and said she would have to take the money to Reception as she could not put it through her till. We then had to wait for her to return before being able to order drinks. This time the money went into the till but she gave us insufficient change. When we pointed this out to her, she then proceeded to serve the only other people in the bar, closed the till and then had to go and find someone to open the till to give us the rest of our change. There was then a problem with the beer and again she had to call in the more senior member of staff who, again merely said that the John Smith's was off, - no apology or "sorry it's off, can we get you an alternative" - we had to ask for it. We then had almost an hour's wait for our meal to arrive, which only arrived about 15 minutes after we had been back to the bar to ask when it would be ready - I'm not convinced it had even been ordered the first time. When it came the waitress had to return to the kitchen to get cutlery! I shudder to think what the situation would have been if the place was busy! After this we ate out.

Breakfast was an entirely different affair, 2 very friendly and efficient staff who couldn't do enough to please all their guests. The food was very tasty and we noticed the staff replenishing regularly and cleaning as they went along.

The hotel is very clean, rooms comfortable and quiet, even though our room faced the main road. -Just a pity about the lack of customer care in the bar!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I note that in general, you enjoyed your stay with us you were let down by the service received in our bar area and for that I would like to personally apologise.

I will personally follow this up with the team and managers concerned as there is clearly a need for an attitudinal change to take place here, and I will work with the team to ensure that the necessary resource is put in place to affect this change.

Once again thank you

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here weekend of April 19-22,we have stayed here before and returned again as we enjoyed our last stay.

Although we really only use the hotel as a base we still use the facilities while there and have breakfast at the hotel.The staff are a credit to the hotel and the breakfast caters for all needs and was thoroughly enjoyable and a great start to a day in north Wales.

I would recommend this hotel to people no problem and I look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2013

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Mercure Chester North. I would like to pass on my sincere thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on the site, as it is always nice to read that our guests are being well looked after by the team.

Once again many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future

Reviewed April 21, 2013

good standard 3 star hotel clean friendly staff food good .liked all inclusive option.good position LIVERPOOL CHESTER and CHESHIRE OAKS outlet village .nice gym and pool unfortunately steam room not working.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay here at the Mercure Chester North. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a bulk standard Mercure 3 star hotel. Clean and tidy with very pleasant staff who seem to do everything between them and always seem to be on duty. We had an upgrade to an executive room -- more space. The Hotel was very warm and bedrooms were a little too warm but you can adjust the heat yourself. We were on an all inclusive offer but did not take the lunches as we were sight seeing. Hotel did not offer packed lunch alternative to the soup and sandwiches on offer. A little secluded if you do not want to drive anywhere once you have got there. A 15 minute walk will take you to Little Sutton station with excellent links to Liverpool and Chester running every 30 minutes. All in all a good weekend.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay with us. I really appreciate your comments in relation to the staff and service provided at the hotel.

Once again I'd like to say thanks for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you in the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Is a great place to stay at if you needed to access either Liveerpool or Chester or both.
Found the train from Hooten to Liverpool, as suggested by hotel staff, was an easy and efficient way to get to Liverpool attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
gm-woodhey, General Manager at Mercure Chester North Woodhey House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback following your recent stay here at the Mercure Chester North, I 'm delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.