“Slack Service, and a Ruined Day Out”
Review of The Tally Ho

The Tally Ho
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Eversley
Cuisines: International, British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Friends booked a table for 2pm at the Tally Ho in Eversley for my birthday Sunday June 15th
We were seated at our table at 1.55, ordered some drinks which duly arrived within minutes,
at 2.10 we ordered our meals.
At 3pm, we noticed other diners who had arrived after us were already tucking into their food,
at 3.30 we still had no food, others who had obviously order the same items from the menu,
had almost finished.
We spoke to the management and suddenly as by a miriacle some of our food arrived, my order was luke warm, my wifes the same, and one of my friends had to return her food because it was spoiled by over cooking.
So an hour and half to wait for a meal that was a waste of money, the point being that as soon as the service lets you down, the whole day is ruined, it was unpleasant for our friends who so kindly arrange this as a 65th birthday treat for myself, and booked a week in advance, it was a Sunday so the chance of finding an alternative venue should have decided to leave after waiting so long was limited.
We were seated and had placed our orders from the days menu, nothing ordered was unusual
all standard stuff for the day.
They did adjust some of the bill, but that is not the point.
Dont have the ribs, they arrive cold.
It seems that these establishments over stretch their abilities, they should concentrate on being either a pub or a restaurant because clearly they cannot manage both.
MartynH

2  Thank Martyn H

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Wow, I can not rate this wonderful place highly enough.

It's always a great experience.
Firstly, the staff are always at hand and very polite, it's not very often you visit anywhere nowadays where you feel so welcomed by staff.

Secondly, the food is always excellent, drinks chilled and although the Tally Ho is always very busy, you're never waiting around for too long.

Thirdly, If the weather is nice, don't hesitate to take a seat in the garden, it's pure bliss.

Lastly, The guys here have it spot on and I wish it was my local...thank you :o)

2  Thank Keir O
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I couldn't stick the idea of another dinner in a local hotel where I was staying so I wandered down the road on foot to see what I could find and came across this establishment. It deliveries what it promised from the outside with pleasant surroundings, a friendly welcome and good food. The menu offers good variety and I observed a variety of dishes at surrounding tables which looked appetising. If I'm in the area again I will definitely visit again

1  Thank Men001
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had an enjoyable Bank holiday lunch here with friends. The pub was busy but we were showed to a lovely table by the window after about a 10 minute wait. The food was good, very hot and tasty but a little pricey. My waffle pudding was the highlight of my meal!

1  Thank AliDUk
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have visited the Tally Ho several times recently and have been pleasantly impressed by the standard of the food (for its varied choice with some unusual items on the menu, standard of cooking and presentation). It stocks an excellent range of beers. The wines are not so memorable (maybe this is as it should be, after all it is a pub). When visited it has been a quiet place in an attractive setting, with polite staff and good standards of service: the ideal place for lunch with someone special (such as retired former colleagues or a maiden aunt). In the evening it's more lively and I imagine that on nice summer days it can be very busy. Prices are typical for Thames Valley gastro-pubs.

1  Thank Peter L