“Superb !”

Golden Pot
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Eversley
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Privately owned Free-house under new ownership since May 2014, stocking local cask ales and a large selection of quality wines. Home made food all prepared on the premises by our chefs with a large selection of daily fresh fish dishes with fresh fish delivered every day from the Devon coast including Cod, John Dory, Bass, Bream, Oysters, Whitebait, Crab, Lemon Sole, Mussels, Turbot, Skate Wings, Squid,Plaice,Turbot, Brill,Lobster, Salmon etc etc .Other creative dishes with ingredients sourced from local suppliers wherever possible including Lamb, Hampshire Pork, Premier Scotch steaks, Duck, Corn Fed Chicken and Salmon. Selection of Vegetarian dishes and Gluten free dishes can be provided as all food cooked fresh to order and can be adapted to suit. Lovely 300 year old traditional village pub "as they used to be". Children, dogs in the bar area and group bookings welcome. Outdoor seating area available. Car park at the front and at the rear, free wi-fi. Particular species of Fish can be pre ordered 24hours before your booking subject to market availability but we generally have a selection of 10 species of fish and shellfish available every day Food served : Monday to Friday 12 o'clock to 2.30pm and evenings 6pm to 9pm Saturday 12 o'clock all day until 9pm Sunday 12 o'clock all day until 9pm
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My parents and I ate at the Golden Pot last night following a recommendation by the waitress at the Tally Ho restaurant which was at capacity last night.

We were not disappointed by what was some of the best service we have received in a very long time, but not just by one member of staff, all team members were excellent.

Basic but amazingly tasty was the garlic bread with cheese as a starter, with my dad having the winter vegetable broth which he liked.

For means I had Chicken and Ham pie with veg, with my mum and dad having smaller portions of liver which they enjoyed.

Desserts were sublime with myself having Banofee cheesecake which was to die for, my dad having treacle sponge which he said was excellent and my mum having the creatively named Eversley Mess !

All in all there is not a single negative I can even try and make u[p - truly 5* service and a 5* evening.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my friend for lunch to the Golden Pot on his birthday last Wed (31 Oct) and I have to say it was marvellous. It was our first time there - the service was excellent and food was delicious, and such good portions that I couldn't finish the whole meal, but did save some room for the spotted dick and custard! Very reasonably priced too. My friend was made to feel extra special by the staff as it was his birthday and they really made the lunch that much more enjoyable. Well done to the team there. If you are thinking about eating there, do it, you will enjoy it.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Been going here for years and I know people have given mixed reviews but I really like the team here. The staff have been here a long time and the food is always good. I am fussy so takes a lot to say that!

Always a good specials board! Cheese board is fab too!

I love the open fire and the general country pub ambiance - definitely a food pub rather than pop in for a drink pub.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food at the Golden Pot is way beyond pub food. A couple of visits ago I had a breast of wood pigeon with some wonderful accompaniments as a starter and it was a good as you would get at some of the best restaurants in London. The quality of the food never misses and the wine selection is also excellent. Everything is immaculate and so well looked after. Unfortunately the owner can be a bit stern, but now I've got to know him better he really isn't so bad! Go there and try it, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

A lovely looking pub/restaurant on the outside, but we felt like we were intruding on arrival. Had to wait quite a while to be served by an indifferent staff member - and it seemed to be a nuisance that we asked for a menu but had not booked. WE DID NOT WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT THE FOOD WAS LIKE. An appealing and well looked after building - shame the service does not match.

4  Thank RWB2012