“My favorite seaside town!”
Review of Milford on Sea

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
7 helpful votes
“My favorite seaside town!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Milford is much more of a Village than a town! I try to go there every year and when I am staying in The New Forest I always make the effort to pop over for Fish and Chips from the local chippy! They are the best I have ever had! I would seriously recommend making the 2 minute drive to the sea front to eat them! But be prepared to que! The que is normally coming out the door, but service if generally quick and very friendly.
Milford is the idea place to go if you are looking for a quieter seaside for the summer.. The beach does get busy but you can always park and if you take a walk down towards hurst castle (along a raised man made path) you can find a much quieter spot!
The sea can get a bit choppy so maybe not idea for small children but the waters are always clean!
There also amazing views of the Isle of Wight and the Needles from the beach.
The Needle Cafe offers a good and inexpensive range of hot and cold food and ice cream with seating inside and out. They also have toilets a big bonus. And the staff are always friendly and helpful.
There are also public toilets further up the prom which every time I have used them have been exceptionally clean! A rarity for a seaside town!
There are plenty of good local shops in the village for supplies and a couple of pubs which both serve home cooked food. There is also a chemist.
And if something does happen I can highly recommend the Minor injuries unit in Lymington, which yes I ended up at the start of our stay and went home on crutches LOL but it was very clean and the doctors and nursing staff very attentive and personable, thats another thing to be aware of the locals do seem to drive a bit to fast through the village and will move off all of sudden with out warning which is what happened to me. But the locals who saw it happen were amazing and looked after me very well and we're very helpful and understanding.

Been to Milford on Sea? Share your experiences!