“France a l'anglaterre”

La Perle
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Perle is a small family-run restaurant, where the menu is completely governed by the British seasons and what can be source locally. 'Seasonal - Local - Ethical' is our motto, with over 90% of our produce sourced from sustainable suppliers based in Hampshire and Dorset.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are regular visitors to La Perle. Whether it is the great value £10 lunch ( one main course with a glass of wine) or a sumptuous evening meal with a good bottle of wine from the extensive wine list one always receives a warm welcome from Lionel and Emily and their team. It really is a little corner of France on the English South Coast and their efforts are clearly well appreciated as evidenced by the volume of customers in this delightful 30 seat bistro.

2  Thank Peter G
There are newer reviews for La Perle

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Superb food, excellent service and varied menu to choose from.
Leo the owner/chef is French and brings lots of fresh ideas to his food.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place lives up to its reviews - great quality French cooking with real attention to detail. Makes good use of local produce. Loved the scallops and partridge.

1  Thank ChrisS504170
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We ate here twice during a few days in Milford. Well situated on the main street it is very popular with locals especially when there is a midweek lobster or steak dinner to be had so it would be wise to book. We ate a la carte and enjoyed good local produce well prepared and served. Wine list reasonable and offering interesting well priced wine.

1  Thank Bernice288
Reviewed November 15, 2012

First visit, going on the reccos of Tripadvisor. Where some reviews are a little over effusive I think on balance the reviews are spot on.

My wife and I booked on the off chance and we seem to have struck upon a quiet night although I suspect, given the size of the restaurant, booking is to be advised.

A warm welcome and service throughout was cheerful, efficient and perfect.

Food, Only the one starter, I am not sure why I was unadventurous and order the flamenkuche when the French Onion soup would have been better. There was nothing wrong with it, at all. The mains - I took the signature dish, a lovely slow cooked lamb, and my wife had the special of half a lobster. My one and only criticism.....where was the lobster claw???? And I can't remember the last time my wife and I each order a dessert. I took the lovely tart tartin and she had the warm raspberry, chocolate & nougat tart, which she said was fantastic.

I was going to give this four stars, but then I realised that it would only have been the missing lobster claw which seemed a little petty. A lot of restaurateurs in the area should pop in to see what goes on here, as I found the balance of price, quality and atmosphere to be just about right.