All reviewslovely pubgenerous portionslovely familylittle gemshort breakstuartdogmilford
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Jayne & Stuart are wonderful hosts and made us feel very welcome. Room was immaculate and spacious and the pub was ambient. Food served here was delicious and I would highly recommend this lovely place!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolHall525
Reviewed September 3, 2017

We stayed at The Red Lion for two nights whilst visiting the New Forest area.
The Red Lion is located in the village centre and close to all areas of the New Forest.

The rooms were modern, fresh and immaculately clean.
We ate in the pub on both evenings, and really cannot fault the food and service. They have a great menu of freshly cooked food.
The breakfasts each morning had a variety of cereals, fruit juice and toast. The cooked breakfast was excellent and served piping hot!!!

There is a beer garden at the back of the pub with a safe play area for children.

Jayne and Stewart are excellent hosts and were most accommodating and welcoming during our stay.
They work extremely hard and make an excellent team.

We have already booked up for the same dates next year.
Thanks to you both for a great stay.

Look forward to seeing you again next year.

Gill&Chris - Worcestershire

Room Tip: Rooms were all quiet with outlook over the garden.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gillholford
Reviewed August 25, 2017

Given that pubs and hotels are going out of business every day you'd think it would be an idea to treat customers well in the hope that they will a) return and b) spread the word.

All I can do is spread the word based on my experience which was one of the worst of my life. The landlord of The Red Lion in Milford on Sea needs to give up the service industry. He has NONE of the qualities required. He is as outdated as his decor and twice as uncomfortable. Not only did he greet me and my family with a grunt and no eye contact but he made us feel like we were a nuisance, so much so that we decided to leave before bothering to order anything.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Certainly one of the rudest landlords I have had the misfortune of dealing with for a very long time. I could not recommend this hotel or bar to anyone but you would have to make your own mind on that it may have been a very off day for him.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

After a long walk we were grateful to find a pub. It was a terrific surprise to find that the pub had great food, good beer, and terrific service.
When we go back to Milford we will return to the Red Lion.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family