Bartley Lodge Hotel
TripAdvisor
All reviewslovely hotelswimming poolafternoon teanew forestshort breakred lettercakeslovely settingpeppa pig worldevening mealrelaxing staymember of staffbeautiful groundsthe general managerwedding guestswedding venuewedding breakfast
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a very noisy hotel that is in need of repair so it wasn't the relaxing break that we thought it would be. There is a constant banging of doors and walls are very thin. Our room upgrade put us by the bins and where staff go for a cigarette break and next to the family rooms! We tried to change rooms but apparently there was nothing available. I also had an interesting encounter with a man in the ladies toilets however that's another story! For what we paid for the room I don't think it's worth it and I wouldn't stay again. The dinner was nice and the staff are friendly enough but the service was very slow and I got the impression from sitting in the dining room that other guests weren't particularly happy.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank HelenMC4
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at Bartley Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Bartley Lodge Hotel. I am sorry you had a disturbed stay, but am pleased you enjoyed the dinner and found the staff to be friendly.

We have recently undergone a major extension and refurbishment, and would be happy to hear if there is an area that needs repair in order that it can be addressed.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for two nights over the Whitsun Bank Holiday. I must say that we had the best time. The hotel and grounds are really beautiful and the patio area where we were lucky to sit outside and eat our evening meal is spacious and safe for our children to play whilst waiting for dinner.
We have two children one 5 years old and one 2 years old and they loved their bunkbeds! The staff from the moment we arrived were friendly and helpful, They were very accommodating of our needs even with the pressures of a busy Bank Holiday to contend with. Our room felt very comfortable and the decor was delightful. We appreciated the views of the gardens and the deer grazing in the fields beyond. We chose this hotel as it was near to Peppa Pig World and we were pleasantly surprised and the standard of the accommodation and staff. We will definitely return again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Thank you to all the staff at Bartley Lodge, for their warm welcome and kindness throughout our stay. The breakfast was excellent, the hotel was spotlessly clean, comfortable, relaxing and peaceful. Lovely walks within the grounds - 59 acres. My husband and I enjoyed our midweek stay with many interesting places to visit. Bucklers Hard, plus the river cruise, is a must see. Visitors to this hotel will not be disappointed, we will certainly be back....

Room Tip: Room 42 was spacious and had a second shower suitable for anyone with a disability.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place to stay. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The evening meal and breakfast was fantastic and we enjoyed our stay very much. Unfortunately I left clothing in the wardrobe in my room but I have just received it back through the post. So thank you Bartley Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JimmyRetro
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and 4yr stayed in this hotel with one night. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds in a great location. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and attentive, they made us all feel very welcome. Our room was clean and to a high standard. We used the swimming pool which was again clean and well maintained and was nice to have a shallow end , which was great for my son. We only ate breakfast and this was again to a high standard and a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family