We stayed for one weekend on an all inclusive package in Dec 2012 for a short break. The gardens and open space were impressive and great for our dog, walking, wandering etc. The Hall is beautifully preserved, decorations are lovely. Meals were decent, with some choice for vegetarians for dinner. Would not be happy with food choices for veg for longer than a weekend though as you are limited to one choice on 1 of 2 menus. Afternoon tea with fizz was delightful and well worth it.
The spa experience was ok. The massage was below average quality. The spa is not attached to the indoor pool facilities so that was a chilly transition in winter, although would be fine in summer.
Staff are attentive and polite. In sum, fantastic weekend break from London even in the winter. We will return in summer to get the full experience of the outdoor pool and gardens.
Note. The dog friendly rooms are not in the original building but a short walk away. Dogs are not allowed in the main building. Do plan to wear appropriate shoes/outerwear to walk to meals in the main building. Im sure some transport is available, but we didn't ask as its a 2 min walk. Also, mind the gates at the dog friendly area as this is adjacent to the clay pigeon shooting ranges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the Hampshire countryside, Tylney Hall Hotel is a Victorian-era mansion house that exudes luxury and a sense of old world charm. With its sweeping tree-lined driveway, spectacular grounds and serene lakes, Tylney has earned a reputation as Hampshire’s most romantic retreat. Originally built as a private mansion house, this Grade II listed building combines the magnificence of a bygone era, with the luxurious facilities of a modern hotel. All 113 exquisite bedrooms are individually-styled with knock-out views of the 66-acre beautifully-manicured grounds. Tylney is also home to the award-winning Oak Room Restaurant, recently names 'The Best Restaurant in Hampshire' at Bookatable Diner Awards 2018. Along with two elegant lounges and the newly-refurbished Library Bar, there is also a Health Suite with both indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tylney Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tylney Hall Rotherwick, Hook, Hampshire
- Tylney Hall Hotel Rotherwick