“relaxing girly wk end”

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Reviewed July 9, 2009

12 of us booked here for a bodycare spa break through leisure plan. we all had lovely rooms, clean & newly decorated. Unfortunatley we had cold showers for the 1st day but this was due to our lack of ability to work child safety feature!
made full use of the pool, the changing rooms were very high standard, plenty of towles allthough lack of hot water at peak times..cold shower again.

buffet meal was pleantyfull although wine list expensive & corkage fee for bubbly £12 per bottle. The grounds are lovely for walking or sunbathing and picnicing. we took our own drink and extra eats as bar snacks are expensive as too was lemonade.
we went back to our room for after dinner drinks but were politley told "no in room partys". But we were able to regroup in the bar area which had lots of space and was very comfortable.

the only downside was breakfast, luckily we were a bit pushy, but there were lots of guests having to que for tables. but there were plenty of new papers and tea / biscuits around to ease the wait.
the staff were on the whole very helpful and friendly.we all had a great stay and i and returning again in august with my boyfriend for a short break which i booked direct through hotel web site they are offering speacial dealswhich i jumped at 3 nite stay for 2 for £154 ...not to be missed i'd say.

• Stayed: May 2009

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Just spoke to my wife this morning. She checked in last night and she can't wait to leave. Her roof was dirty with damp in the shower and she had to be moved.

There really is no excuse for hotels to be this bad in this day and age.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed at the Beaumont as part of a Legoland deal, on arrival we were very pleased with the hotel. Plenty of grounds for the children to play without bothering the other guests, nature trail in the wooded area, the kids saw plenty of rabbits. Swimming pool which we used every day, kids chill out room which had games for them to play and at 5.30 and 7.30pm they put a dvd on for the kids and supplied milk and cookies. We had a family room which was a nice size, clean and tidy. Staff were always pleasant. The restaurant was a bit pricey for a family but we found a local pub only 5 mins walk away, it was next to a river so we had our tea and then went for a walk along the river bank, the kids loved watching the boats. If you want something different there is a Toby Carvery just 5 mins drive away. We had a pleasant stay. Legoland is only 15 mins drive away, the food and drinks are a bit pricey when you get inside Legoland, we called at the local shop and bought drinks for the kids and took them with us. The centre of Windsor is only 15 mins drive away.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2009

This hotel is definitely geared more towards conferences than leisure breaks. The grounds are beautiful and the main building is impressive, but we had booked a standard double room which was reached through a maze of corridors into a newer extension where maintenance works were being carried out on the rooms and the lift was out of order. The room was clean but very basic, and the bathroom was straight out of the 80s. No air conditioning made the room temperature very uncomfortable on the hottest few days of the year so far! The food in the restaurant was good, though again, the table layout was aimed more towards large conferences. There is an indoor pool and tennis courts, but no sauna/steam room or jacuzzi, a little disappointing. The bar is closed between 2pm and 5pm.

A great location for Thorpe Park, Legoland, etc.

Overall a pleasant stay but not convinced the room justified a 4 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I booked this hotel on a last minute site for a weekend away with my fiancee. The pictures looked great and at £100 per night the price was a steal for what I thought would be pampered luxury. On arrival it turned out that all the website pictures where from The White House ( A much more expensive part of comlpex). There was a twenty minute queue to check in, a forty minute queue for breakfast even though it is buffet, and a thirty minute queue to check out. Our room was about a ten minute walk from reception down dour corridors in an ugly side building, The room was a superior double but was so small with no air conditioning / rubbish small tv with no channels and no mini bar or room service facilities (after witnessing the shambles at breakfast this last part does not surprise me !!). I enjoyed Windsor but would not recommend this hotel to anyone for the money it charges it is a total rip off and only worth half of the money it charges,

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We arrived at the hotel hot and bothered from a day out in blazing sunshine keen to get into our room and have a shower. We were told the "system was down" and we had to wait 45 minutes to get a room. The receptionist that told us this gave no apology or even a smile, and said she would take our mobile number and call us when the room was ready. We were to wait in the lounge, which we did. After an hour no call was received so we went back down to reception to be given a room. Again absolutely no apology or smile. Staff on reception desk very unwelcoming, in contrast to those at breakfast who were pleasant.

The grounds and main building are very nice, although we quickly realised that where we were staying was a long way from here! The walk to our room took at least ten minutes along multiple long underground corridors and when we got to our room it really was more like a cheap travel lodge attached to a nice building.

Room horrid. Very small, smallest "four star" we have ever stayed in. Absolutely boiling hot with no air con, only a tiny fan that did nothing to counteract the heat. Did not sleep at all, made wrose by fact bed was so small and uncomfrtable. Tried to sleep with outside door open but ended up covered in flies as very large spotlight outside our room. bathroom dated and lots of spiders webs.. Portable TV which had channels one to five plus three ceebees channels! I don't really see what makes this hotel a four star, we have stayed in much better. Luckily we got a cheap rate from lastminute.com but had I paid full price I would have been very disappointed. Don't usually moan about hotels but this really was an uncomfortable stay. Breakfast was nice and served until 1030 at the weekend which was nice.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I stayed in the White House part of the hotel conglomeration that is Beaumont House for 2 nights as part of a very large high profile conference.

The buildings are awesome - beautifully kept and full of history.

I was to be in the White House (I had a receipt saying so) and 10 days previously I e-mailed the hotel and explained I was temporarily quite disabled and asked for a room close to the conference venue (I had heard some rooms were a long way away) with flat access to my room by corridor or lift but no stairs.
I received a reply saying all would be fine.

On arrival I was dropped by colleagues at the White House foyer and they drove away to the Beaumont House part.
First shock : the receptionist told me the check in for our entire delegation (500 people?) was in Beaumont House but she said I could leave my case at the White House.

The corridor route I was shown had 2 quite steep staircases (although they had little stairlifts, I am not in a wheelchair) and it took me 10 minutes to walk.

On check in I was told I was in Beaumont House annexe a considerable walk away across the grounds.
By this time I was pretty fed up and tired. I said this was unacceptable and asked for a move - also explaining that my luggage was in the White House and there was no way I could cart it about.

My disability looks somewhat obvious and a young man said I could have a room in the White House Sanatorium, upgraded at no extra cost - which was very nice of him. There are no lifts in the White House itself due to its listing status. The Sanatorium is the White House annexe but attached and with a lift.
I tracked all the way back along the corridor......found my room to which access was easy, only to find it had 2 very high windows and I could not see out at all. Great for someone with claustrophobia (I'm not normally such a moaner!)

Well it was only for 2 nts so it would have to do although opening the windows in the stifling heat proved difficult.

The decor was brown and lime green - utterly vile!

The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in - but I had to remove cushions and little bolsters and a heavy runner to get in it!

The bathroom was fine, bath & shower excellent, heaps of fluffy white towels.

After talking to colleagues who had been billeted 15 minutes walk away across the grounds I decided I had been lucky despite the 2 sets of stairs I had to go up/down to get to/from the conference itself.

The White House was very quiet (apart from the planes which would drive me mad if I lived in the area!) but best of all was the private dining room for breakfast with the French doors open to magnificent grounds and classical music playing. Fabulous.

The range of breakfast foods was superb - I do like smoked salmon, mortadella and scrambled eggs with Earl Grey tea.
My colleagues were all in long queues at the breakfast buffet in Beaumont House where apparently foodlines kept running out and smoked salmon was nowhere to be seen.

Many of my colleagues also had room problems, two couples were given single rooms and one couple were given a single disabled room (which would probably have been fine for me but I stuck with my upgraded cell in lovely White House!)

It all resolved itself eventually and I have to say I thought the venue was superb for a conference, the staff were excellent, there was adequate space for everyone to sit in comfort and the outdoor seating area was nice but needed more seats out there in the recent hot weather spell.

I am told the grounds were magnifient, I did manage to do a few short walks for exercise and I thought it was lovely.

I did use the Leisure Club and thought the swimming pool & changing facilities were first class.

Would I stay there again if in the area? Yes, definitely.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor
Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Windsor

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!