We stayed for one night with our two grand children as we had a two day pass for LEGOLAND. We had booked connecting rooms. It was school half term so we knew it would be busy.
We arrived around 6pm after the first day at LEGOLAND and were allocated rooms 73 and 74. Poor rooms on the side with no views and close to high bushes making the rooms dark. The toilet did not flush in the twin room and no water pressure in the bath for hot water. It is a long way from reception, several minutes walk, and very irritating that during the whole stay they never answered the call from our rooms. I therefore went to reception and reported the fault. Two hours later no one had arrived to repair so again back to reception. I insisted on changing rooms and I am pleased to say we were given far better rooms on the 2nd floor and nearer to reception and the main building. The toilet door would not shut though in our room as someone had fitted a wooden seal on the floor blocking it !!
The rooms do not match the overall standard of the hotel and management need better quality control and supervision.
Breakfast was really excellent and very well laid out for families, both quality and quantity plus choice.
We were tired so sleep quality was good for us in average beds.
After breakfast though we could not get back into the rooms as the electronic keys would not work. Two housekeepers tried but failed with their keys. Maintenance arrived after 10 minutes and then after another 10 minutes they got the door open and said the lock was faulty and we could not close the door again. This did not worry us as we were leaving anyway.
The hotel covers a huge area so we would suggest paying particular attention to get the right rooms if staying for any length of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In picturesque Windsor, lies the historic and unique Beaumont Estate: an inspirational estate offering a luxurious family hotel, a stunning wedding location, along with being a leading conference venue, all set in spectacular and extensive grounds with 414 bedrooms. Our leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool and gym, along with squash and tennis courts open to all of our guests aged 2-12. During the holidays, The Beaumont Bears Club offers a wide range of facilities ideal for helping to keep the kids entertained; a movie room, indoor activity room, outdoor adventure play area, and much more. The Restaurant offers an extensive buffet or A La Carte Menu and we also have the Tempus Bar & Grill which is open daily from 12pm offering a more casual dining experience. Located just 3 miles from Windsor Castle with Wentworth, Legoland, Thorpe Park and Ascot all under 15 minutes away. The M25, M4 and M3 motorways are within easy reach, London can be accessed by train within 20 minutes with the nearest train station is 5 minutes away. Heathrow Airport is only 15 minutes away by car, Gatwick Airport can also reached within 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Beaumont Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont House Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont House Windsor
- De Vere Beaumont Estate Old Windsor, Berkshire