“Good Hotel for overnight stay if having a 2 day pass at Legoland”

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for one night with our two grand children as we had a two day pass for LEGOLAND. We had booked connecting rooms. It was school half term so we knew it would be busy.
We arrived around 6pm after the first day at LEGOLAND and were allocated rooms 73 and 74. Poor rooms on the side with no views and close to high bushes making the rooms dark. The toilet did not flush in the twin room and no water pressure in the bath for hot water. It is a long way from reception, several minutes walk, and very irritating that during the whole stay they never answered the call from our rooms. I therefore went to reception and reported the fault. Two hours later no one had arrived to repair so again back to reception. I insisted on changing rooms and I am pleased to say we were given far better rooms on the 2nd floor and nearer to reception and the main building. The toilet door would not shut though in our room as someone had fitted a wooden seal on the floor blocking it !!
The rooms do not match the overall standard of the hotel and management need better quality control and supervision.
Breakfast was really excellent and very well laid out for families, both quality and quantity plus choice.
We were tired so sleep quality was good for us in average beds.
After breakfast though we could not get back into the rooms as the electronic keys would not work. Two housekeepers tried but failed with their keys. Maintenance arrived after 10 minutes and then after another 10 minutes they got the door open and said the lock was faulty and we could not close the door again. This did not worry us as we were leaving anyway.
The hotel covers a huge area so we would suggest paying particular attention to get the right rooms if staying for any length of time.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 73 and 74; too far away and no views, poor quality TV and low water pressure. We changed...
1  Thank Mike1946
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following a recent say with us whilst visiting Legoland.

I was delighted that despite some initial problems with you room that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you all had fun at Legoland.

I was pleased you enjoyed breakfast and that you thought not only the quantity but also the quality was excellent.

I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Beaumont Estate in the near future.

There are newer reviews for De Vere Beaumont Estate

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Beaumont Estate Hotel with my two daughters and grandaughter . We were visiting the Royal Windsor Horse Show and were booked in for 2 nights. The hotel is very well appointed and convenient for both the RWHS and Legoland. We were made to feel very welcome and our rooms were very clean and tidy, tea and coffee facilities included. The restaurant was buffet style or a la carte in the evening and for breakfast there was everything one would expect . OK it was very busy and some unforgiving people thought the hotel was just for them and would have complained about anything, if the buffet is busy at peak times then obviously some of the choices ran out but were quickly replenished. The grounds are stunning and gateway for an early evening cocktail! I have 2 points to raise to the hotel though, small but enough to warrant a comment ----- the twin beds are way too small......2ft 6ins in this day and age? I was aware that it would be very easy to fall out of bed and I' m only a size 12 so goodness knows how a larger person would cope!! Secondly the positioning of the TV on the wall at the bottom of the beds......too low!!! Kept banging in to it!!! Other than that .... Good choice for the money.

Room Tip: Get a room not too far away from reception if possible as the trek can be tiresome and confusing!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following a recent stay with us,

I was pleased that you found your recent stay with us to be great value for money and that you found your room to be very clean and tidy. We pride ourselves on our high standards of cleanliness and attention to detail.

I apologise that you found our single beds to be smaller than you anticipated and I hope this did not cause you any inconvenience.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I can assure you that we always use our guests feedback to help us improve our product andour service.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I rang hotel prior to booking to make sure we were in the main building as wanted to be in the older building and they said I would be,so I booked online.When we got to our room it was in an add on building on the side which was small dark and not what I had booked so I rang reception to query this and she said if I wanted to upgrade I would be charged £30 and she would see what she could do.....I had to ring them back only to find out there were no rooms available in the main house and none for families.
When we went down for breakfast it was CHAOS lots of staff doing nothing our breakfast was cold if it were hot it would of been nice.Twice I had to ask for apple juice for my daughter,very slow service. Would not stay again!!!!

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Ladyforbes

Thank your for taking the time to write a review of our hotel following a stay with us.

I was extremely disappointed to read your comments and that our hotel didn’t meet with your expectations

I was saddened to read about the confusion with your upgrade and I can only apologise that we didn’t have any availability to enable you to upgrade your room.

I apologise for the experience you had at breakfast and I have passed these comments onto our Restaurant Manager to address his staff with this helpful feedback.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

On the positive; lovely grounds, big room for wedding and party, OK catering. On the negative what a dump! The room rank as the worst I have experience in recent memory; near zero staff training, restaurant and bar filthy. The gym you don't want to touch anything for the slime. The pool and locker was creepy. this is just a very cruddy place.

Room Tip: Stay some where else.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review here on Tripadvisor.

I would like to apologise for any shortcomings you experienced whilst staying with us.

I was pleased that you enjoyed our lovely grounds and our wedding venue rooms.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a very popular hotel - they run lots of conferences so busy. If you want a quiet time away dont book here when its half term as it turns into one big creche! The summer is also out of bounds as it is constantly awash with crowds of parents/kids some not all that well behaved neither.

However, most of the time it is very generous with breakfast, rooms are clean, fantastic grounds, good sports facilities, staff friendly and functional.
The Tempus Bar needs to be much more lighter as it has a dark decor which makes it dowdy looking.

Accessibility is very good to all the major arteries including the airport.

I always stay in the Old School and high ceilings give great space. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for the Old School - its closer to the reception and the ceilings are larger in this area of the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Beaumont Estate following a recent stay with us.

I was delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed our fantastic grounds, sports facilities, rooms and found all our staff to be friendly.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Tracey Campbell- Guest Relation Officer.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just returned from one night at Beaumont Hotel. After reading such bad reports we were very apprehensive. However, we were pleasantly surprised! Although the room was not very big, neither was the bed, it was spotless! We were able to park close to the room in the south wing which has modern rooms. We booked through Travelzooo and as it is half term we expected lots of children and there were lots of families. The dining room staff seated us in a quieter area for dinner which was well cooked and nicely served by pleasant and attentive staff. We have no complaints on this occasion. A large comfortable hotel in a beautiful setting.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of Beaumont Estate following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that despite some negative reviews here on Tripadvisor, you decided to try our hotel for yourself and that you were pleasantly surprised. We always endeavour to provide a high quality of service and I was pleased that you found this was the case.

I hope you get the opportunity to return to us in the very near future.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were poorly lit, cramped, beds were tiny and uncomfortable. Felt like families were carted off to the adjacent block of so called family rooms that were too small to class as family rooms. At £159 it was over priced. The restaurant was an all you can eat buffet of poor food at £23 head & wine hugely over priced! £10 a glass! Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback on our hotel following a recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to learn that certain aspects of your stay did not meet with your expectations.

We offer our guests competitive rates and I can only apologise that you didn’t feel this was the case when you visited us.

We do appreciate your feedback and can assure you all your comments have been taken on board.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Windsor
The Oakley Court
The Oakley Court
#2 of 19 in Windsor
Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!