Let's be honest, the hotel looks stunning. Beautiful rooms, amazing estate and a breathtaking building.. that's probably why you clicked on Beaumont in the first place, right? Well these are certainly the reasons why my partner and I booked into the restaurant for our special anniversary meal.
Seeing what the complex had to offer, along with amazing food photography, made us sure this was the ideal place to eat. Being a short taxi ride from our Windsor hotel we arrived with high hopes as our chariot winded through the estate's car park. However, it wasn't long at all before the sparkle had left our eyes.
The restaurant, and hotel in general, appears very much to be aimed at business conferences and high capacity events. As such, the restaurant was very unappealing to the eye with its conferencesque decor and tables that surround the large central buffet. As you sit down in your smart, special occasion clothes do not be surprised to have people passing by in jeans, trainers and scruffy clothes catching a quick free bite between speakers from a nearby meeting.
How can somebody enjoy a fine meal when the restaurant looks so poor, there is no dress code and there is a bloody buffet sitting next to you?? It was actually unbelievable that an estate so beautiful has just the one restaurant, and one of such low class at that. Our table was booked for 20.15 and we left soon after sitting. As you can imagine, booking a restaurant that late in a town you are not familiar with was no fun. But do-able. Silver lining, we had a lovely time elsewhere.
As mentioned, I have seen great food and room photography but I cannot comment on neither the taste nor the comfort, all I know is the whole experience was disappointing and one that I seek to forget in a hurry. Definitely avoid if you require a fancy meal or romantic retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In picturesque Windsor, lies the historic and unique Beaumont Estate: an inspirational estate offering a luxurious family hotel, a stunning wedding location, along with being a leading conference venue, all set in spectacular and extensive grounds with 414 bedrooms. Our leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool and gym, along with squash and tennis courts open to all of our guests aged 2-12. During the holidays, The Beaumont Bears Club offers a wide range of facilities ideal for helping to keep the kids entertained; a movie room, indoor activity room, outdoor adventure play area, and much more. The Restaurant offers an extensive buffet or A La Carte Menu and we also have the Tempus Bar & Grill which is open daily from 12pm offering a more casual dining experience. Located just 3 miles from Windsor Castle with Wentworth, Legoland, Thorpe Park and Ascot all under 15 minutes away. The M25, M4 and M3 motorways are within easy reach, London can be accessed by train within 20 minutes with the nearest train station is 5 minutes away. Heathrow Airport is only 15 minutes away by car, Gatwick Airport can also reached within 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your De Vere Beaumont Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont House Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont House Windsor
- De Vere Beaumont Estate Old Windsor, Berkshire