“Very nice stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
Mullingar, Ireland
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

When driving up the driveway you get a sense of the scale of the hotel and the area where it is located. The staff in reception were very helpful and pleasant and made you feel welcome. The receptionist was able to show me where in this huge hotel ground and which of the 5 car parks to park in.... We booked a family room as I had my wife and 2 kids had booked a hotel package to LegoLand. The room was very long and had a double bed (2 singles put together) and a sofa bed for the kids. The beds were nice and comfortable. I had to ask for a second pillow and it was delivered with 15 mins. The WiFi was free but times out after 30 mins which was a bit of a pain if you are watching a film online!!. you can pay for WiFi and would cast I think £5 for a couple of hours.

The breakfast was lovely and plentiful and nice. There was a choice of sausages, eggs, bacon, tomatoes etc.., cereal, small selection of cold meats and melon.

Checking out was painless and quick. Staff were even able to print off my boarding pass for my flight.

The only complaint I would have is that the lighting on the driveway leading to the car parks were very poor of not working which made it very hard to judge the road or the spaces. The wallpaper in the corridors looks tired and torn and could do with some TLC.

Overall we were very happy with the stay and I would recommend staying here again.

1 Thank DaveyFitz
BeaumontHotel, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on Beaumont Estate. I was glad your recent stay with us at Beaumont Estate was everything you expected it to be. I am pleased our reception staff were friendly and helpful and that you had a comfortable nights sleep. I have passed your observations on the carpark lighting onto our maintenance department.

Kim Norris-Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (969)
  • Hebrew first
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here after a 8 hour flight into Heathrow and we arrived 4 hours before check in. But the brilliant staff on the front desk worked their magic and made sure we had a room available within a half hour, I had been chatting to the girls on reception and was saying how my boyfriend had proposed in New York, they told me that they could upgrade us but there would be a slight wait for the room to become available. I explained all I wanted was a shower and bed and politely declined, but I thought this was a nice touch. The room was clean and tidy and had all the essentials that are needed. The hotel also has plenty of car parking so you don't have to carry your bags too far! We slept well and the next morning we felt very refreshed and decided to have breakfast, on our way to the dining room we saw a member of staff cleaning the skirting boards! (I have never seen this in a hotel before, I was amazed at this attention to detail!) The breakfast was enjoyable and overall e would return again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on Beaumont Estate. Firstly may i congratulate you on your recent engagement, how romantic getting engaged un New York. I was delighted we made your stay a plesant one and you found everything to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on attention to deatil and its nice when people notice this.
I hope you get the opportunity to visit again soon.

Long Island, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a Travelzoo deal after staying at another hotel in the local area. The queue was long and waited nearly 30 minutes to check in. We were treated like second class citizens as soon as I told the girl that we had a voucher.
The rooms are dark and dingy. We found hairs in the bath and couldn't believe the dust and cobwebs everywhere. This place seems to be more oriented to conference delegates so you may feel out of place if you aren't part of a large group.
As mentioned in other reviews, the swimming pool wasn't clean and there were a lot of children around which spoilt our time of relaxation.

1 Thank hoteltraveller
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw, I was dissapointed that your recent stay with us didnt meet with your expectations. Many of our guests check in with vouchers and we would never treat anyone any differently when checking in, just because they have had a voucher.
I apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

essex
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just stayed here for two nights, stayed in a family room, rooms not huge but fine for us, two adults and two children (4 and 6). Loved the swimming pool and it was open for familys from 07.00 which is really unusual, great for us as the boys are early risers, there were still two lanes for adults to swim away from the children. The shallow end was deep, my 6 year old couldn't touch the bottom, but they do provide floats and woggles, which again is very unusual and great for us. The adventure playground is lovely and the boys made friends there morning and evening. The buffet breakfast has everything you could want and they also cook some things to order i.e. omelettes. Staff were lovely, two ladies even stopped in the corridor and helped me with my luggage, all the staff always had smiles for my boys and couldn't have been more helpful. The kids club area did need a good clean and there were electronic cables all over the place, but its the end of the holidays so assumed it had been given a bit of a battering by the children, but the DVD play and Wii were fully functional which allowed me a sneaky G&T whilst they played. This hotel is ideal for familys, it is a 5 min walk to the local harvester and there was another pub further down the road with a new pub garden but we didn't check that one out, the Toby Carvery was walkable but i'd allow 15mins. 10 mins drive to LEGOLAND, its a brilliant base and we will probably return.

Room Tip: We specifically asked for a room near the playground, this may prove a bit noisy for guests without...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on Beaumont Estate, I was delighted to read you had a lovely stay with us. I was pleased everything met with your expectations and the staff were helpful and polite at all times. We pride ourselves in being child friendly and i hope you will return to us in the near future.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

newton abbot
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for couple of nights when visiting Legoland. First impresion of the building very good - stunning green lawns, everything around kept tidy. Reception staff friendly and polite.We had big family room, perfect for our needs. As we were travelling good few hours we were happy that we could stay in hotel for evening meal. The buffet option worked for our family as we all like different food. Small confusion when it came to pay our bill (not ours) but sorted quickly and with no problems.Next day, after looong day in Legoland, we decided to try "grill house" (or something like that) - another restaurant that Beaumont House offers. The girl who served us was not very friendly, she wasnt bother to clean our table (the stuff that previous guests left), no plates or cutlery offered. Having ask her to clean the table (she only wiped part of it, clearly not happy) I wouldnt dare to ask for anything else! It did ruin our evening and we wanted to leave as soon as we finished our "finger" food. Shame, otherwise it wasnt bad hotel at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mariaNewtonAbbot
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw, I was delighted to read you had a lovely stay with us recently while visiting legoland. However i am disappointed you had a bad experience in our Tempus Bar and that the member of staff was not helpful, i have passed these comments to my F&B Manager.
I am pleased you enjoyed our facilities and lovely grounds.

Kim Norris-Guet Relations Manager
Hartlepool
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I went to this hotel with. My wife and 5 year old son. After a long drive over 4 hours I was told by reception that they could not find my booking ( Booking.com ) the lady disappeared into the office for a short while and came back with my booking and gave me a room. The hotel is just far to big you don't take your cases out of the car at reception you have to drive to your room. The room was more travel tavern than nice hotel we had cobwebs in our room and cracked tiles in the bathroom. The food and drink was on the high side so we went out to the local Harvester this was good but very busy. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at the Beaumont Estate for 3 nights as we visited Legoland from Friday - Monday. On arrival looks very impressive, immaculate green lawns, well kept driveway up a hill. Arrived at reception where you can't park your car (there are clamping signs) you have to park it further the driveway and walk back to the reception to check in, find out which room number and then walk back to your car and find your room - bearing in mind there are a few car parks. Pretty average decor, could do with some housekeeping maintenance. Allocated a family room with a camp bed for 6 year old, room very basic but it was clean and tidy. Has a TV but only a few channels - there is no TV guide so you have to suss out the channels yourself. There is no hotel information in the room, you are only provided with the info on the back of the map at check in which details times of restaurant service.. The room was very hot at night, we had one fan, could have done with more but none more available, unable to keep the windows open due to aircraft noise late at night/early morning. Tea & coffee making facilities - basic supplies although housekeeping will deliver more if needed. We found it rather noisy at night - sounded like bedroom doors slamming shut, can hear other guests walking up and down the corridors. Breakfast is buffet style, great choice - full english, cerals, pastries, fruit, cold meats - can order omelettes from the menu. Would not go during peak mid service, they have all the families in one small section - its like a cattle station, we had chipped crockery, tea cups with no spoons I would not say it is an enjoyable experience - just eat and go. We came back late from Legoland one night and I would have loved room service, called reception to be put through to the restaurant who I spoke to a lady who did not understand anything I was saying, in broken English asked me if I was desperate she could order a pizza for me". We ended up eating in the Harvester Restaurant, 2 mins round the corner - there is also a couple of local pubs down the back lane - Fox & Castle. On check out had to wait around 20 mins as only two staff on which I thought was poor considering a Monday morning would be a peak time. Overall it serves its purpose as a base to stay for Legoland and Windsor sightseeing - please do not expect anything else...... a good tip for Legoland visitors - take the alternative route - it may be longer in distance but quicker as less traffic. Did not venture into the facilities so unable to comment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw , I have read you reveiw and thank you for your feedback. Its due to feedback like this that we can improve the quality and service we provide to our guests.
I am pleased you felt our hotel was impressive and our grounds were immaculate.

I hope you will take the opportunity to return to us in the future.

Kim Norris-Guet Relations Manager
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!