When driving up the driveway you get a sense of the scale of the hotel and the area where it is located. The staff in reception were very helpful and pleasant and made you feel welcome. The receptionist was able to show me where in this huge hotel ground and which of the 5 car parks to park in.... We booked a family room as I had my wife and 2 kids had booked a hotel package to LegoLand. The room was very long and had a double bed (2 singles put together) and a sofa bed for the kids. The beds were nice and comfortable. I had to ask for a second pillow and it was delivered with 15 mins. The WiFi was free but times out after 30 mins which was a bit of a pain if you are watching a film online!!. you can pay for WiFi and would cast I think £5 for a couple of hours.
The breakfast was lovely and plentiful and nice. There was a choice of sausages, eggs, bacon, tomatoes etc.., cereal, small selection of cold meats and melon.
Checking out was painless and quick. Staff were even able to print off my boarding pass for my flight.
The only complaint I would have is that the lighting on the driveway leading to the car parks were very poor of not working which made it very hard to judge the road or the spaces. The wallpaper in the corridors looks tired and torn and could do with some TLC.
Overall we were very happy with the stay and I would recommend staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In picturesque Windsor, lies the historic and unique Beaumont Estate: an inspirational estate offering a luxurious family hotel, a stunning wedding location, along with being a leading conference venue, all set in spectacular and extensive grounds with 414 bedrooms. Our leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool and gym, along with squash and tennis courts open to all of our guests aged 2-12. During the holidays, The Beaumont Bears Club offers a wide range of facilities ideal for helping to keep the kids entertained; a movie room, indoor activity room, outdoor adventure play area, and much more. The Restaurant offers an extensive buffet or A La Carte Menu and we also have the Tempus Bar & Grill which is open daily from 12pm offering a more casual dining experience. Located just 3 miles from Windsor Castle with Wentworth, Legoland, Thorpe Park and Ascot all under 15 minutes away. The M25, M4 and M3 motorways are within easy reach, London can be accessed by train within 20 minutes with the nearest train station is 5 minutes away. Heathrow Airport is only 15 minutes away by car, Gatwick Airport can also reached within 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your De Vere Beaumont Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont House Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont House Windsor
- De Vere Beaumont Estate Old Windsor, Berkshire