Having previously stayed here on a work conference we used this hotel as a base for 2 nights after going to Ascot Races and then a full day at LEGOLAND.
We (family of 3 with 5 year old daughter) booked a family room directly with the hotel chain and obtained a better rate than via Third Party booking agents.
The hotel is quite spread out so be prepared to have to walk a fair distance from the reception to your room but the car parks are also spread out across the site so you shouldn't have too far to carry your bags but it is quite easy to get lost in the various corridors!
I hadn't experienced it when I previously stayed but the hotel is under the direct flight path into Heathrow so the aircraft noise can be quite noisy so you will need to keep windows closed when sleeping.
We stayed B&B but other than that did not eat at the premises so can only comment on breakfast. This is served on in a buffet environment so you can have as much or as little as you like to fuel you for the day.
Rooms are a decent size clean and well maintained.
The hotel is located in Old Windsor so a short walk to the Thames but you will need to drive or get a taxi if you wanted to visit the main town centre which includes the Castle. If eating out and looking for value there is a Harvester close by on the main road.
Overall a nice stay in a family friendly location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In picturesque Windsor, lies the historic and unique Beaumont Estate: an inspirational estate offering a luxurious family hotel, a stunning wedding location, along with being a leading conference venue, all set in spectacular and extensive grounds with 414 bedrooms. Our leisure facilities include an indoor swimming pool and gym, along with squash and tennis courts open to all of our guests aged 2-12. During the holidays, The Beaumont Bears Club offers a wide range of facilities ideal for helping to keep the kids entertained; a movie room, indoor activity room, outdoor adventure play area, and much more. The Restaurant offers an extensive buffet or A La Carte Menu and we also have the Tempus Bar & Grill which is open daily from 12pm offering a more casual dining experience. Located just 3 miles from Windsor Castle with Wentworth, Legoland, Thorpe Park and Ascot all under 15 minutes away. The M25, M4 and M3 motorways are within easy reach, London can be accessed by train within 20 minutes with the nearest train station is 5 minutes away. Heathrow Airport is only 15 minutes away by car, Gatwick Airport can also reached within 40 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Beaumont Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaumont House Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont Hotel Old Windsor
- Beaumont House Windsor
- De Vere Beaumont Estate Old Windsor, Berkshire