“Very good hotel and do not beleive the poor reviews”

De Vere Beaumont Estate
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Old Windsor
“Very good hotel and do not beleive the poor reviews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights in this place with my family as we visited Lego land
The hotel is on excellent distance from Lego land and has got nice facilities
The rooms are clean and tidy
The beds are comfortable and the linnings are spotless
The bathrooms are clean and the showers are in good condition
The breakfast is very good and will satisfy you for busy day a head
If you are looking to the luxury wow factor it is not for you
Overall I will come back if needed

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Hebrew first
Thanet
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having read the reviews for this Hotel I decided to take care with my booking to avoid being dissatisfied, This could not be further from the truth. We Booked a 3 day break at this Hotel BUT left after 2. The 2 Stars are for the staff who work extremely hard to please and they were excellent. First the Hotel mislead with their advertisements. If it includes the words worth beware. BUFFET DINNER is £35.00 for 2 it's not WORTH £55 The A La Carte is £55 for 2 but if the buffet meal is not what you would like and it certainly was not to our taste they Charge an upgrade of £20 for two to the A La Carte. Our room upgrade which we took to avoid some of the comments made by others was Advertised as an Executive Double. Strange though they do not have these rooms, but called ours a Double De-luxe. What did we get.we get for this double de-luxe. A Cracked Sink. A Sink that would not hold any water. A bath that also let water run away slowly all the time and was probably blocked somewhere as it took ages to empty. The Hotel is on the Heathrow flight path, we knew that, but it is very noisy from 6.30am to 11.00pm. They also have functions. We also knew that but, assumed a De-luxe would at least be some way from the noise. WRONG. Banging, Thumping, Music and Talking Travelled through boxed in Vents? in the room until 2.10am both nights!!! Oh and the Generators outside our 1st Floor window started up at 4.00am. I do not need to say any more if you are staying more than one night you'll need a break to get over it. Sorry. Be careful

Room Tip: Ask the Hotel as I could not find one and on booking I was told it would be a Great Room!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Old Windsor hotels

Bedford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend an evening event. What a disappointment.

The entrance is very impressive, grounds are well maintained. However, as we went around the corner towards reception there were crowds of people on the grass, a coach blocking the road and nowhere to park to check in. Despite queues around reception there were only 2 members of staff checking people in. Our room was a long way from reception, and when we checked in at 2 p.m. there were dirty sheets/laundry in all the corridors that we walked through. We thought they must be finishing off the final rooms, so we were surprised when the corridors still had piles of sheets at 5.30p.m. when we went out again.

The room itself was fine - typical conference delegate bedrooms, rather than a good hotel standard. The TV was a small old box style TV with few channels available. The bathroom was reasonably clean, but the shower was awful - the water pressure was so low the flow was barely a trickle.

We wanted a cup of decaf coffee in the bar. They don't serve decaf - other than from the sachets you get in the room - it's awful. So is the coffee from their machines. Drinks prices in the bar are ridiculous. I'm used to drinking in central London and even I was surprised that two gin&tonics was about £15 - a small mixer is £2.50. Even that would have been okay if the service was good. There were about 100 people in the bar and two members of staff serving - we waited for 15 minutes.

At our drinks reception I almost swallowed a staple in the glass of wine I was given - which I reported at the time to one of the waiters. The only thing saving this hotel from a terrible review was the food at the evening event, which was excellent. I was surprised that they could provide such a good meal for so many people - well done.

Breakfast was a total battle. Seating is arranged in long tables just like a works canteen, rather than a hotel. If you want tea and coffee you need to chase around to find staff to serve it. Food itself is okay - you do have to queue if you want to use the toast machine. There was a queue of people waiting to get in to the breakfast room by the time we left.

The whole place reminded me of student halls of residence. It is not relaxing, don't think we'll be going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

A mish mash of old and new, no bellman. Asked for bath robe and was role I could rent one for 25£. Restaurant food wasn't good. Breakfast buffet fair. Staying with a group so I know how other rooms were. I was told they would upgrade me. My room was tiny and had 1 window I had to stand on the bed to see out of! Not conveniently located. Couldn't exchange money. No room service. Guess I will stop here but you get the picture.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I had a two day work conference here, with one night's accomodation. As a conference venue, this is a great place. After driving into an impressive grounds, we were well directed towards our first meetings. The rooms were well serviced, with a hot buffet lunch and a brake out area with refreshments (although the coffee machiene wasn't always on top form!). Our first days meetings were in a pleasant, old building, part of the estate.
With expectations high from the meeting rooms, public areas, grounds and reception, it was time to check-in to my room. Without a doubt, it was the longest walk I have ever taken from a reception to my room (and not the furthest away room in this hotel, either), a good five minutes walk, along corridors, up short flights of stairs, more cooridors, more stairs... You get the picture. The room I was staying in was in the modern hotel block at the far end of the estate. And, after my walk I was left deflated as I walked into, what can only be described as, a below par travelodge! The room was fairly small, characterless and a bit lacking. It was clean and had tea, coffee, a (small) flat screen tv and iron. However, it was a bit worn out; toilet needed 5 pushes to flush each time, shower was quite weak and the paint could of done with a touch up. There were only two flat pillows on the bed, too. I was sort of below ground level, as my window/back door opened onto bushes and I looked up towards the cars parked along the curbed edge of the car park.
So, got in the room and got out; heading for the gym, all the way back past reception, which kind of acted as a warm up. Went for a swim in the large pool, which was pleasant. No steam or sauna that I spotted, although the gym looked up to date.
That evening, it was a do in the chapel room, which featured some beautiful architecture and stained glass windows. The ambience was set with low level lighting and lots of candles. Food in the evening was reasonable, too.
Breakfast the next day was average; plenty of choice on the buffet, but not that hot.
Conferencing facilities the next day were, yet again, very good, even those hosted in a more modern building part of the estate. Buffet lunch in the restaurant was a bit better than breakfast.
I would advise travellers using this hotel primarily for accomodation to exercise caution; some of the rooms in the old building look to be of a good standard, mine was decidedly bland and some of my colleagues had rooms in desperate need of a refurb; old pine desks, worn decor and old 14 inch CRT TVs. Make sure you know what you are booking; it will have a significant impact on the overall satisfaction of your stay.
All in all, for me, I found the conferencing facilities very good and the grounds and public areas of the old buildings pleasant, the pool and gym were good, food and service average and rooms below par.

• Stayed October 2012
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Even with a room in the old school house I couldn't get excited about this place. Bland decoration of a potentially old building, not quite clean enough, poor breakfast offering in a tedious dining room. Unless brought here by work, I wouldn't bother again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review, and I am saddened that you found the décor and breakfast offering to be lacking.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Food poor, service awfull, don't use this venue. Staff were disinterested and generally unhelpfull. It seemed that they hadn't understood the concept of customer service at all. My suggestion to the owners would be to consider some serious retraining

Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your comments I have passed them onto my Hotel Manager, the Director of Human Resources and most importantly my Training Manager who will be able to action a training review within the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Old Windsor
Savill Court Hotel & Spa
Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa

Been to De Vere Beaumont Estate? Share your experiences!