“good food”

Spice Cottage
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Radcliffe
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“good food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

good food at reasonable prices. service reasonable. OK for a business meeting/meal or a night with the lads.

Visited June 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Not a bad place to be fair”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I visited this place as it was nearest to where I was and I was very hungry after a long business meeting, the place looked appealing from the outside and I thought I give it a try before I set off home.

Was a surprised the food and service was actually really good to be fair, the restaurant had some panache to their decor, it looked contemporary and also the furniture went very well with the restaurant.

The service was good the waiter greeted me with a smile and placed me to my table and took my drinks order immediately and gave me the menu. The menu lacked a lot as it didn’t have that wow factor to it and the establishment can go to other restaurants and compare their menu selection to others to keep up with the trend. It’s a pity because the place looks nice and the service staff are wonderful here but the lack of umphhh was missing in the food selection that was available.

The signature dishes they had on offer wasn’t appealing enough for me to really choose any of them so I decided to order what I know will not disappoint me and that was the Tandoori Murghi Masala and when my meal came the presentation was quite good and looked vibrant and my tummy was rumbling so I dug in straight away and it tasted different to where I have ordered this dish before. Don’t get me wrong it tasted delicious but it was a little runny than the usual Masala’s I have tried.

For my first visit there the place is relatively restaurant I would talk about as the ambience is warm and the welcoming type and if it was in the West Midlands I would probably go back a second time.

As this is a fairly new place, I would say give this place a go and decide for yourself if this place is for you or not as the taste does advocate a return to the place. From my brief stay at the restaurant I recommend this place and hope that menu excels as time goes by and if I am around that area I will certainly pay a visit and may even take my clients there.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“This place never disappoints!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly, affordable Curry House. Great range in the menu. Quality food with great service! The Wednesday special offer is great value for money.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Christmas curry!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had my 'Christmas dinner' here last year and enjoyed it so much I returned this Christmas with my partner. We have also eaten here on another couple of occasions and not been disappointed.
The Christmas Day menu at £29.95 per head was fabulous. A warm, friendly greeting on arrival was followed by a glass of sherry or orange juice. Then on to a choice of starter, followed by any main meal with any rice, any naan bread and a glass of Baileys.
At the end of the meal, the lovely staff gave us a Christmas card and a bottle of red wine to take home!
No negative comments apart from the quality of the Christmas crackers.....and if that's the only thing I can think of it is fair to say that I love this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“VERY RARE WE GO TO ANY OTHER INDIAN”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

First started going to this restaurant around 3 years ago. We have never been disappointed. They will make any dish for you even if it is not on the menu and they will also change any dish to your liking if you rather have it spicier or less so.

One of the owners Sheik always goes out of his way to make sure you are enjoying your meal and loves to chat.

Overall as stated excellent menu staff and great value for money especially on Wednesday nights

• Visited December 2012