“Great atmosphere, Friendly staff, value for money”
Review of The Lock Keeper

The Lock Keeper
Ranked #18 of 27 Restaurants in Radcliffe
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, Friendly staff, value for money”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I dined at The Lock Keeper a week ago, and I have to say it was great, the food arrived quickly although the restaurant was quite busy, the food was cooked just right and at 2 for £10, I wasn't expecting much, but really enjoyed my meal, my kids both got their meals for £1 because it was a Tuesday which was great. The staff we're great as well checking back on us and making us feel welcome. I was quite impressed and will be dining there again, I hope all the staff are as friendly as Pat and Mark.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I came here for a birthday meal with the family and it was lovely. The place was clean and the manager was forever cleaning and on the move. We had steaks and burgers and everyone enjoyed the food. Will be visiting again, thanks :)

1 Thank BUKIDOKOBUDO
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Shocking”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just got back from a meal here and I wish I had looked at the reviews before my visit. As soon as we walked in (2 adults 3 Children) asked for a table for 5, we were greeted with "erm, erm, i'm not sure" with a half empy restaurant. We had to stand next to a table for 2 minutes whilst it was cleared and cleaned, right next to an identical booth with no one sat there. Looked through the menu, wasnt expecting the food to be amazing being 2 for £10, but the entire experience was less than value. My wife ordered our food, the guy was friendly enough at the till, read the order back. Waited about 15 minutes until the food came out, which is reasonable enough, pretty fast for a mixed grill and 5 meals to be made. Except one meal didnt turn up. The waitress just walked off and said enjoy your meals, not questioning why my wife was not eating or asking if that was all. We had to flag another member of staff down to explain that we were a meal short. The waitress then brought the ticket out telling us we hadnt ordered it, which we had as the guy at the bar read back the order to us. The guy from the bar came over with the waitress telling us it was our mistake and we didnt order it. We argued that we did and asked if the meal could be made so that at least my wife could actually eat something. He then came back 5 minutes later and asked what the meal was again and went back to the kitchen. The meal came out about 15 minutes after the rest of us had finished, missing the sauce, which my wife had to flag somebody else down to get it. As we had all finished, I asked a waiter if he could get the childrens desserts that had been ordered with the meals as part of a deal, he said ok. 10 minutes later he was stood at the till drying cutlery and chatting to another waitress, casual as you like. another 5 minutes passed and it was evident he hadnt bothered to request that the desserts were made.I asked the manager to get them for us when he walked passed, picking up my wifes empty plate in the process. Another 10 minutes passed and 2 melting Ice creams appeared and were plonked in front of the 2 children who had ordered them. Enjoy your desserts she said as she walked off, one child still sat there without a dessert. 5 minutes after the children had eaten about 2 spoonfulls of their melted icecreams, the third dessert appeared. No apologies, just plonked on the table again. I dont expect to be treated like a film star when I go to a family pub for a meal, but on the other hand, to be ignored, accused of not ordering food that I did order, then left hanging around and delivered a bowl of melted garbage and having to ask for stuff 3-4 times isnt acceptable either. The only positive was that my pint of San Miguel, I got it straight away and it tasted like San Miguel.

3 Thank SteveM8652013
Chester, United Kingdom
“The worst steak I have ever been served”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I didn't expect much on a '2 meals for £12'. Came for a few beers and some pub food. What I got (twice) was cold inedible rough shoe leather - raw chips, burnt eggs and yellow peas. The waitress was great but I get the feeling she was used to the complaints. The atmosphere isn't helped by the 30+ TV screens showing Saturday night television and the 30+ kids running riot through the place. The pub could be a gold mine with a couple of changes but one of those has to be their suppliers

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DawnNewcombe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Meal for four, all cooked as requested, efficient friendly service and less than £30 all in. What more can you ask for?

• Visited August 2013