“Variable”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Variable”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I live near to the Grapes so often call in for an evening meal. The food on the face of it is good value, however, the quality is variable. On some occasions my wife and I have ordered identical meals and whilst one has been good, the other has been poor. This tends to happen with steak meals. When I have complained the meals have been exchanged with no fuss whatsoever. The waiter/waitress staff are always attentive especially Lynn who is always keen to give a warm welcome. Where the establisment falls down is in the bar service. During early evening periods the pub can become very busy and there is totally insufficient staff behind the bar. I have sometimes had to wait 15 minutes or more to be served! The pub itself is tastefully decorated and there is always a pleasant atmosphere. However, because of the variable quality of the food it is difficult for me to make an unreserved recommendation

• Visited May 2014

Prescot, United Kingdom
“Good Pub Food”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We came here on Sunday 20th July and had Sirloin Steak, The Devil Dog and my son had a Burger. Finished off with Sponge Pudding with Custard, Fudge Cake with Ice cream and a SpongeBob Chocolate Ice Cream. We have been here a few times in the past and it always delivers, great service from Mark behind the bar and after our earlier food debacle in New Brighton I am glad we made this choice. That Devil Dog is Hot!!!!

1 Thank SPGLiverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic visit!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service- such a fantastic way to celebrate our daughters 10th birthday! Thank you to the staff for decorating our tables and making it a birthday to remember

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Improving”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food and service has improved since our last visit. The starters of nachos and onion rings were good. Service was good. Pleased to see an improvement. Value for money. We will return.

Merseyside, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Tables unclean, lots of flies. One fly actually got stuck to the sticky table. Nice bar tho, just not the food.

Visited July 2014
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Grapes Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear A R

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review regarding your recent experience at the Grapes Hotel.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the pub in regards to the service you received. I can assure you that I have passed on your comments to the Management Team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind Regards