“great food and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Crown of India
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Prescot
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“great food and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

i have been to this restaurant several times the food and the service have always been excellent staff are very friendly and price are good give it ago

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PreciousPrincess57

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“not what it used to be...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

On the past two occasions we have tried this restaurant the service unfortunately has declined considerably. This relates to both their takeaway service and their sit down table service...on the first occasion, having placed an order over the phone, I arrived to collect my meal. Although having arrived some 30 minutes after my call as arranged, the food was not ready. I was told it would be with me shortly...45mins later I was still stood around the bar area awaiting delivery of my food...eventually it arrived! To my dismay, on serving the food once home, we found it to be cold....am sure they must have a delivery service because it certainly seemed as though the food had been prepared long ago and sent on a wrong delivery before it got to me! However, we did try them a second time for an in house meal...the food may have been hotter but the service was definately more chilly...we arrived after 10pm, ordered the banquet for four, other diners left and we were last in.....perhaps it was because it must have been approaching closing time, we got the distinct impression it was time for us to go....plates collected, table cloths removed all around us, we didnt even get our deserts! Wont be visiting again....

• Visited January 2013
“GETTING WORSE!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

been eating here since it first opened. was up there with the best of local indians but we cant believe how they have let their standards drop.the nail in the coffin for us was xmas eve.arrived bang on time, 7.30! the bar was full of dirty glasses and plates. the sitting area was no better. we know abs personally but he was nowhere to be seen. shown to our table but no menus. waited ten mins then got my own. another ten mins, i had to ask for a drink! warm larger, flat coke.didnt have starters or desserts and we were in there for two and half hours. food all tasted the same. they should make their mind up if they want to be a take away or restaurant!!!! i have mentioned all the above to abs, hope they pull their fingers out before its too late!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank michael k
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good value, friendly and very tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Been several times now and the service is always prompt and the food is of an excellent level. I travel regularly for business (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, France, Malta, Portugal and Spain) and the meals and standard of service are comparable to many of the good restaurants I've eaten in.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good stuff - surprised by how good they were for kids.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

New Years Eve, quite busy, lots of families who all seemed very well catered for. This was good to see.
Food was pretty standard Britsh Indian fayre. I'll go back again, no doubt about it. Wish they had some more interesting desserts - we went to Wetherspoons for that.