“Business stay - poor”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bromborough
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Hotel was signposted off the main road, when I arrived in the car park it was signposted reception but the reception was no where on the Hungry Horse car park. I asked some people on the car park who told me to go back out on to the main raod. On arrival the receptionist was far to interested in a personal call she was making. I was given my room key and told where to go. The rooms were very old, dated, worn and dirty. I paid more for this room than one I stayed in earlier that week in Paignton which was fabulous. The shower was a trickle. I did use the restaurant attached Hungry Horse, the food was fab and arrived so quickly.
I wouldnt stay again at this Premier Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We are a retired couple, and spent a weekend in the area. We have used other Premier Inn hotels many times. This hotel is fairly small, and is reasonably decorated, but in need of a little TLC. The welcome was superb, and the room was exactly as we had pre-requested. TIP....go for rooms 22 - 25 which are upstairs, in the middle of the hotel and very quiet. Everything in the room was normal Premier Inn standard. TIP.....ensure the receptionist books you in for dinner. The restaurant is a Hungry Horse, and was very full and noisy. Without pre-booking by the receptionist we may not have been able to get a table. Breakfast at weekends finished at 10am. We went down at 9.15 on Monday to be told that breakfast finishes at 9am on weekdays. However the waitress and chef ensured that we had a full breakfast, staying on when it was our fault! That's what we call a true Premier Inn SERVICE. - That's why we stay at Premier Inn, NOTHING is too much trouble for the staff. To drive to Birkenhead Tunnel for Liverpool Waterfront took 10 minutes, very convenient for us. Overall - TOP Welcome and TOP MARKS.

Room Tip: Pre-book rooms 22/23/24/25. These are upstairs, centre of hotel, very quiet. The Hungry Horse restau...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank itsgreattobealive
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Myself and friends booked into the premier inn whilst we were down for a sporting event. From the moment we got their we were very warmly welcomed by Kim on reception. we had arrived particularly early, but our bags were stored for us whilst we waited in the bar for our rooms to become available. The bar has a really warm and frinedly atmosphere and great choice of good food. Drink prices are super cheap too. we spent saturday evening in the bar and had such a blast. there was a Dj playing and all the staff were friendly and helpful. this is the perfect hotel for a weekend away with friends, cheap and cheerful with excellent staff. Will definately be back.
A massive thanks to all the staff that made our stay so enjoyable :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2013

very clean nice staff but needs updating looks very old rooms are big but it looks like the 80s pub next store ok you get what you pay for . meals are a good price but basic . if want a great premier inn go to widnes first class best by far .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here again overnight for an easter break !!! Fab, Clean, Warm (as it was coldest easter on record), friendly staff and free easter egg in our room !! Bonus havin the Hungry Horse pub next to Hotel ! Breakfast is DEFFO worth the money !!!! ( If you like a cooked )

Room Tip: I prefer room upstairs away from reception ! And if anything after room 28 !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stay here about four times a year. It's very convenient for the nearby Clatterbridge hospital, where I occasionally work - useful if anyone else needs accommodation while visiting this place.

Given that all I'm really looking for is a good shower and a comfortable bed this place is perfectly adequate. The staff are pleasant and efficient and the rooms are very much what one would expect. Having said that, on my last visit, a few days ago, I had my first real problem: There was a terrible noise, although I couldn't tell if it was a water-tank filling in the roof space or the wind howling through the bathroom extractor; I also found someone else's blood on my sheets. I wandered back to reception at 11.00 pm and the young chap there couldn't have been more helpful. He was concerned about the noise (which had now stopped) and was horrified by the stained sheets. A new room was immediately made available, he helped me move my luggage and I was settled in within twenty minutes. Nothing to complain about there!

I'll be staying here again, next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed there for just one night and would definetly go there again if needed. The reception was very friendly and the room was even ready earlier than stated. All was clean and working in the room and I have to say it was the quietest room I have had at one of these Premier Inns. Also there was no problems with parking and the adjoining pub was pleasant enough, although the food was not that great. Watch out for the blind entrance as I overshot it and had to do a bit of a detour getting back. Also don't go by the Tom Tom directions on the Premier Inns list as it puts the place in a field. I would suggest you go by the text message that Premier send with the postcode.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromborough
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel
Premier Inn Wirral (Heswall) Hotel
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel? Share your experiences!