“Very tired place!”

Village Hotel Wirral
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bromborough
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I can only describe this place like pulling a beautiful woman, getting her home to find out she has mens bits down below, I can blamed as she looked good from the outside though!

I have to say that the health club is amazing! very very good but as I am here on business I can only base my review on that.

The room, like the rest of th hotel needed a refurb, the bed was hard, the tiles in the bathroom need cleaning or grouting and the tp of the curtains were thick with dust, the cover fell off the remote control as soon as I picked it up too.

The iron is a safety hazard as it is connected to a very old ironing board, I am a big bloke and work in safety and was shocked how unweildy it was and awkward to put up, not only would someone weaker or older than me struggle but if they did not tie the iron back on correctly it could fall on them whilst still hot.

The breakfast was ok, I did not fancy the hot breakfast but it looked fine but the cold choice did not look very apertising.

The Italian I had last night was was nothing to write home about as it looked great but was let down by the taste which was a shame.

The staff were brilliant and not only helpful byt very friendly and make you smile.

This place does what it says on the tin but could be so much better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank B6bloke
Write a ReviewReviews (1,809)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here on business. Big hotel, pool, fitness centre etc. Free WiFi was very slow, faster using 3G. Food was good but drinks pricey. Impressed by the room. Bathroom excellent and very clean. Comfy bed and quiet. Staff excellent. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here last Friday for 2 nights.

This was a weekend away with my boyfriend and chose this location as we were close to Chester Zoo and Chester.

We arrived about 9pm on Friday night, hotel had a nightclub feel as there were bouncers on the door as we entered and they weren’t too polite either when asking about where to park (as there are more spaces around the back of the hotel)

Receptionist friendly and booked us in the restaurant for an evening meal, so quickly dropped our things in the room and came back downstairs for our reservation.

Couldn’t fault the staff in the hotel, had a lovely waiter who was very friendly, polite and engaging and made recommendations on which cocktail we should choose from the menu.

We weren’t too impressed with the choice on the food menu. We both chose the butterfly chicken, but didn’t expect it to come battered with pesto. Being health conscious, there wasn’t much to choose from and didn’t eat the majority of my meal as it was coated in batter.

Breakfast in the hotel wasn’t too great. I am used to staying in a different chain of four star hotel for business and the variety at the village didn’t come up to scratch. The only choice for a cooked breakfast was fried egg, sausages, bacon, beans and black pudding. I found a hair in my food which put me off completely. The food isn’t manned by a chef, therefore the hair could have came from anyone as all the food is laid out for people to help themselves. Again, this is not the standard of service I am used to but it was average.

Hotel room was nice enough. Didn’t have the usual amenities in the bathroom, mini shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser etc- in the room there was t/c no biscuits or any nice touches so fairly basic but can’t complain about the cleanliness of the room as this was spot on with fresh towels the next day.

This is my first experience of the Village and didn’t meet my expectations. I felt as if this was a bit of a party hotel (bouncers on the doors) and would next time book with the hotel chain I am used to.

Overall, was a nice, comfortable stay but wouldn’t come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Sadly we were very let down by the village this week, having booked the dirty dancing tribute night for 27 people and paying in full a few months ago (Plus booking 4 rooms to stay in) the village cancelled with three days notice, informing us that another large party (who had not paid a deposit, as they were regulars) had cancelled so the entire night had been cancelled!

This was for a hen night, the bride, and the rest of our party, have been very upset about this! Not the sort of standard you expect from a large company! Yes we did get our money back in full, but with 3 days notice its not going to be easy to find another venue for 27! we have all been left very disappointed and will not be using the village again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Me and my son stayed here for 3 nights on a short break to the Wirral.
No complaints, staff on reception were lovely. Big comfortable bed. Spacious room and nice clean bathroom.
Breakfast was served in a lovely restaurant, and is a self service buffet. Plenty of choice of both hot and cold foods (cereals, pastries, fruit and yoghurt). Only complaint I would say is breakfast finishes at half 9 - I am probably just lazy but being on holiday I would have liked to be able to stay in bed a little longer!!
Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We booked a 2 night b & b stay over the bank holiday weekend to visit relatives, yes it did only cost £218 for 2 double rooms so we didnt expect much, and that was what we got. Rooms greatly in need of refurbishment, we had to change rooms as the noise from a rooftop extractor outside our window was unbearable. The restuarant decor was not much better, paint chipped off walls. It was such a shame when they changed the restuarant to this mock itialian pizza joint.
Bar prices are very expensive.
We have stayed here many times before and have always been lucky enough to get rooms in the newer part of the hotel, this time it was so bad we left after one night. This was definately our last stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the newer part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lizcee
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We booked a two night leisure break and felt the hotel was good value for money. We have stayed in several Village hotels and felt that whilst the public areas were as good as others the rooms were looking rather tired and worn. In Elstree for example the rooms are modern and stylish, whereas the decor and furniture here certainly looked like it needed updating. That said the rooms were adequate for our needs, although as seems to be the way these days, there were no toiletries in the bathrooms. The leisure facilities were very good and we enjoyed a good meal in the Italian themed restaurant. This hotel's big plus is its staff - everyone we encountered was cheerful, friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely keen to please. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromborough
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
Leverhulme Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Port Sunlight
Premier Inn Wirral (Bromborough) Hotel

Been to Village Hotel Wirral? Share your experiences!