“Good Food and Service”

Wirral Tandoori
Ranked #4 of 54 Restaurants in Bromborough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Good Indian food but the decor and the staff need improving.
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been eating at this restaurant for many years now and used to find it very hit and miss and i was always convinced it depended on the chef at the time. The service has always been great but probably because they have got to know me and my group over the years so they have always been very accomodating to us.
Recently however (last night being the latest visit) the food has been excellent, tasty and cooked to your own individual heat sensors!!!. I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone who visits who fancies a decent curry in a friendly and welcoming environment.!!!

There are newer reviews for Wirral Tandoori

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I think I'm spoilt by the Indian restaurants in London however the food in this restaurant, on this evening, was definitely sub-par. Prices are too high for what is served on the plate. The tandoori chicken was obviously covered in food dye and the korma curries were like sugary mush. The naan bread had obviously been made 12+ hours ago and had none of the moistness of fresh bread cooked properly in the tandoor. Most of the food went uneaten and I walked out with a bill for £75, having had one pint of beer. My two little sons (6 and 9) were singularly unimpressed, as was I. On the positive side the service was friendly and attentive, and parking was good.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been eating at this restaurant since 1988 and cannot fault it.
Family run, family friendly, service with a smile and takeaway service to boot!
If you have never been, make it a must, you will not be disappointed!
As you can see, I am a BIG fan!

1  Thank krissymul
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have been eating here quite a lot over the years, and it ahs never failed to impress. The food is always great, service excellent without being "in your face", and there's always a good friendly atmosphere. Put all these ingredients together, and you get a really lovely evening out.

I have tried the dopiaza dishes, chicken biryani, vegetaable biryani, and last week I went for the chicken korma. We started with 2 lots of poppadums each, then the main meals followed by coffees, and we had a few gin and tonics, and the bill came to £37! I tend to go to this reastaurant with different friends on different occasions,and each time we have all been impressed with the menu, and enjoyed all the dishes we have tried.
It is one of those restaurants we will keep going back to, as it has never let us down.

1  Thank curryqueen
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Had a good meal and service was good. I explained when I arrived I had a taste card and only myself was dinning. The waiter said he could knock a little off the bill but not much. I explained it was advertised at 50% reduction. He spoke to the manager who said he wasn't aware of the rules but would honour the 50%. The food was very nice, starter, main, nan bread and pint of Kingfisher £10.70 with reduction.
If you have a taste Card agree up front before making your order