“Good food but beware over-eating!!”
Review of Lino's Restaurant

Lino's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Hoylake
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was a third visit for me, all spread over several years, and I must say that this time I really liked everything about Lino’s. The eponymous Lino was there himself, dining at the table next to ours, and he most graciously allowed me to inflict my Italian on him. The food is a mix of Italian, French, English and other influences with a wide choice. I do agree with a previous reviewer that amounts of food are very large. However we did not let that put us off!! We enjoyed the starter of kidneys in red wine a lot and mains and desserts were equally good. My initial wine choice (a Pinot Noir) had just sold out but the maitre d’ gave me a taster of a cheaper Romanian Pinot Noir which proved to be delicious. My only complaint is that, although the decor and ambience are great (lovely photos of Lino’s homeland, the Ligurian coast) the noise level is quite high in the room.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

The first impressions are excellent but somehow this restaurant never quite lives up to your expectations. It’s not easy to work out why. Starters are too big and too rich. Main course is generally fine although vegetables are never great. Most of us left them because they were too crisp and underdone. Service spot on. Such a shame because you always feel it could be so much better.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Very surprised as it doesn’t really stand out when you’re driving past. However, through word of mouth we heard that it had lovely food and atmosphere etc.
We went for the £10 pasta and pudding deal and the pasta was fantastic! I had the pasta with mild crab sauce which I would highly recommend. Probably the best crab sauce I’ve had for a while!

Very friendly staff!

Will definitely return soon.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

Booked a table as I’d heard good reviews about this little place & we wasn’t disappointed. Great service, food was very tasty & nothing was to much trouble!

Our choice: Onion & carrot bhaji’s as a starter were crispy & very tasty, but they are quite large.
Hubby would recommend the Dover Sole, (but off the bone) for a main dish.
If you have a sweet tooth we suggest the strawberry pavlova with cream as it’s delicious!!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 30, 2018

Very welcoming. Maitre De obviously knows his stuff. Wine exceptional. Food very good. Pudding however, was divine.

Date of visit: November 2018