“Very happy New Year”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I dined here on New Years Eve, although it was smaller special occasion menu, there was a good choice and as usual the standard was excellent. I was offered an alternative to the steak sauce as I can't have alcohol, it was delivered with no fuss and was delicious. This is a lovely restaurant with warm attentive staff and a relaxed atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Lino's Restaurant

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Visited for the first time on a Saturday evening with my husband and two friends. I was struggling to find somewhere to eat as I have suspected coeliac disease so needed gluten free (GF) food. This restaurant has GF courses marked on its menu so we decided to give it a try.
The restaurant itself is lovely in terms of decor and layout. The staff were friendly and attentive and we sat in the bar area for a drink whilst our table was prepared. There is an excellent menu and there is an evening specials deal available Tues-Saturday, all night, for £16.95.
There were several choices of GF food available and I was delighted with the food I chose. I started with thai chilli, coriander and lemongrass chicken meatballs with satay and lime sauce which was really lovely. For my main course I selected shoulder of lamb with sherry, mint, garlic and rosemary gravy. This was served with mash and a selection of vegetables. The lamb was the best I have tasted, lean, tender and just melted in my mouth. We then paid extra for desserts well-priced at £3.95. I decided on an iced white chocolate parfait for dessert. This was also gorgeous.
My husband and friends were not restricted in their choice of dishes but chose some of the same courses as me together with some alternatives. They were equally pleased with their food. We complemented the meal with the house red wine which was a smoky Rioja. All in all we had a wonderful evening and found the whole experience one that we will definitely repeat. I have already informed my husband that, if I struggle to cook decent GF food, I will need to eat at Lino's several times a week!!!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We visited Lino's earlier this evening. I was so impressed with the food I thought I should write a review straight away. I have not eaten such well made and clearly lovingly prepared dishes in some time. Not fancy or pretentious in anyway, just simply very well done. The tastiest lasagne and most melt in the mouth lamb shoulder. The service was impeccable too. I cannot recommend this place more.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food is very fine and the waiter is amusing and involved without being intrusive. In my humble opinion the food isn't as good as it used to be a couple of years ago - a bit less imaginative - but it's still the best eating in Hoylake. The wine list is excellent and the waiter doubles as a great sommelier.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate here recently for the second time. The first was a few years ago and the service has changed since then. Our first visit was very satisfactory, but a little dull and didn't inspire. This time the food was at least as high quality as it had been before, but the service was much livelier. They were friendly and helpful, but things were missed in the enthusiasm. It was necessary a couple of times to remind them of things.

Overall it was a pleasant visit and we will probably go again.