“For the price - excellent”
Review of Green Lodge Hotel

Green Lodge Hotel
Green Lodge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hoylake B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed one night whilst visiting people locally. We paid £62.00 for a twin room with breakfast and we were not disappointed. The room was well furnished with everything we needed. It was clean and we had a great nights sleep, followed by a breakfast, cooked to order, which also catered for my friend who is a vegetarian. We were really impressed with what we got for the price and the staff were lovely. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Rachiehg
There are newer reviews for Green Lodge Hotel

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I cannot understand how people who serve food for a living can get it so wrong.

This place is to be AVOIDED at all costs.

We waited forty five minutes (it was not busy) for the worst food I have ever eaten. I sent my first 'club sandwich' back as the 'freshly toasted bloomer bread' disintegrated like melba toast, because it was in fact, the cheapest of cheap white, burned sliced bread. My heart sank when I saw my daughter's meal. The 'Special' paella was obviously frozen and reheated and looked as if somebody had sat on it, it was horribly overcooked and left her feeling sick. Her boyfriend silently munched through his fish adorned with vegetables that looked as though they had been through the hot wash cycle. I paid £26 for this TOTAL CRAP and feel totally ripped off. It was disgusting and how on earth this place gets any good reviews is beyond me. The 'chef' should be ashamed of themselves, a monkey could do better. I would not give this food to a dog. How anybody can be happy to send this garbage out to paying customers is an utter disgrace and the sign right on the front path telling you how they 'welcome you' is an absolute joke. They welcome ripping you off, and it's as simple as that. DO NOT EAT HERE.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, eat somewhere else!
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I visited this pub today for a sunday lunch with family. The specials board looked very appealing and I was really looking forward to my paella and camembert bites.

The Camembert bites took 45 minutes to arrive, yet this was sooner than the cutlery! The over cooked bites came with some HOT lettuce, not a great start!

Then about 15 minutes later our mains came, my mum had to return her sandwich as the 'fresh cut bloomer bread' was very burnt cheap toast. My paella was hugely over cooked and rubbery and had just one vile squid ring with it!

It left me feeling very ill, but when I went to get another drink the queue was huge and they were clearly understaffed so I didn't bother.

My partners sea bass came with over boiled, grey vegetables which he wouldnt have served to a dog. He doesn't even believe that what he was given was sea bass!

The girl who served us was very apologetic and seemed embarrassed by what she was serving us, the rest of the staff couldnt have cared less and were disorganised and dismissive.

Needless to say, we didn't finish our meals and noticed that nobody else seemed to either, there was a lot of unhappy faces sat around the tables of this pub!

To top it all off, the hand dryers in the toilets didn't work and the taps come on full force so careful you don't soak yourself!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having eaten at this restaurant before, i remembered the last time we waited forever for our food to arrive and it seems nothing haschanged, which is a shame as the menu is really very good and the pub is smart and clean. We decided to have a roast dinner each, we waited ages, and although staff were coming and going out the kitchen with meals ours took ages, the place was not that full either. When the food arrived, i had beef hubby had chicken the meat was lovely i searched high and low for the cabbage on my plate maybe a tablespon at most, and they completely left out the peas, hubby however had plenty of cabbage and peas, but he had no stuffing to go with the chicken, the yorkshire puds are a poor show tiny frozen ones? the gravy was water thin and for the first time I put salt and pepper on my meal to get some taste.... No one bothered to tll us why our meal was taking so long, and no one apologised, although what seemed to be the woman in charge sped passed and shouted yours will be next as she went in the kitchen laughing? whats that all about... Staff seem to be unhappy no smiles, and to top it all we waited ages to pay the bill, and then we where short changed at the till , we just gave up and left without having a sweet, shame on you green lodgee you will lose many customers i certainly will not be singing your praises to friends. We were discussing a possible xmas meal there but after sampling the roast we decided no.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This was by far the worst food I've ever had the misfortune of being served. I ordered bbq chicken which was described as grilled chicken with melted mature cheddar. What I received was boiled chicken with square cheese slices from a packet. It tasted as bad as it looked I would never recommend people eating here

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

living locally would nice to say this was a great place for a meal but we waited 45 min for the starter (only 1 was ordered) and then an hour for the main course. i wouldn't mind if the place was not busy but on the Saturday lunchtime when we visited it wasn't. overall with a 2 year old and 2 other children not an enjoyable experience. when i went 2 the bar 2 complain i didn't even receive an apology, which just topped it all off. if u want good service and food in a timely manner do not visit!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We visited this hotel for an evening meal to finish our stay in hoylake.
We booked in advance and had Our meal on the night of the 28 july 2012.
The food was great, the service even better and it was a rare privilidge to find young staff who could not do enough for us with a smile and a thank you for eating in their restaurant well done would highly recommend if you are visiting the local area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoylake
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake
Travelodge Wallasey New Brighton
Wyngate
Wyngate
#1 of 7 in Hoylake

Been to Green Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!