I stayed here with my two children (14 and 11) and the room was perfectly fine for the three of us for the night (would have been a bit stir crazy if it was any longer!). The hotel looks nice inside and out and you certainly feel like you're getting better than a basic economy hotel, so full marks there. Hoylake isn't great when you're trying to entertain two kids, but the new development at New Brighton just down the road certainly occupied everyone's interest. The room wasn't too hot at night and the shower in the bathroom was a great size. My daughter complained that the sofa bed wasn't great but she was asleep minutes after said complaint!
Having said all that, there were a couple of things that weren't so good. First, the staff seemed a little inexperienced and fell short of the standard I expect from IHG when I stay there on my own on business...there were five staff behind the reception desk when we arrived and none of them seemed keen to check us in. On the way out despite there being three staff and only one dealing with another guest I was surprised to have to hand my room key to one of them as again nobody seemed keen to acknowledge me. Secondly, the breakfast. I know the Express Holiday Inns are the economy version of the brand but it really doesn't cut the mustard. My son bemoaned a lack of bacon and filled up on cheap pastries, the coffee in the machine was undrinkable and the fruit juice was more like diluted cordial than what it claimed to be!
Overall we would stay there again, but would prefer to pay a few quid more and get a better service and breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new build 56 bedroom hotel gives you something unique;a mix of cosmopolitan, blending with the original VictorianHouse which will house our fabulous Marco Pierre WhiteFrankies New York Italian, bedrooms and meeting rooms.The supporting infrastructure offers an eclectic mix ofrural, urban and coastal activity from sailing at the seasidetown of West Kirby to playing golf at the neighbouringRoyal Liverpool Golf Club, home to the Open Golfchampionship in 2014 following its success in 2008, tosightseeing, shopping and exploring the City of Liverpool,hailed as the best European Capital of Culture on record,also ideally placed to visit the Historical City of Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Gap Court Liverpool
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake Wirral